Chapter 5 - Complications

Just You. A sequel to ‘15 days with Super Junior’.

So Eunhyuk was able to get hold of not just her mobile number but also her home address. It was easy for him because KBS was offering him an MC job. He told them that he’s going to turn down the job unless they give him Jae-Min’s contact details and the permission to date her. Eunhyuk is one of the most popular members of Super Junior so KBS caved in and gave him what he wanted. Today, Super Junior is busy rehearsing for Music Bank.

The members are all full of energy as always especially EunHae. Kyuhyun often got some of the dance moves wrong but his hyungs just laughed it off.

Half an hour later of intense rehearsals, Leeteuk turned the music off.

“Let’s take a break!” He announced.

“Well done everyone!” Donghae shouted cheerfully.

While the other members picked up their towels to wipe off their sweat or their water bottle to drink, Eunhyuk went to grab his phone. Without saying a word to anyone, he went to a corner of the dance studio and speed dialled Jae-Min’s number. The others chatted with one another as Eunhyuk waited patiently for Jae-Min to answer her phone.

“Ya who is Hyuk calling?” Leeteuk asked the other members.

“Probably his umma, duh.” Heechul answered.

“Ya I wanna talk to her too!” Donghae stood up excitedly and made his way to Eunhyuk. Just then, Jae-Min answered. “Yoboseyo?”

“Hi Jae-Min!” Eunhyuk spoke. Donghae froze on the spot because of the mention of his girlfriend’s name. He had no idea that Eunhyuk had already got hold of her number. On the other line, Jae-Min’s hands were trembling. She knew who her caller was. She knew that voice too well.

“Hello Eunhyuk oppa~ how did you get my number?” She asked.

“Oh it’s a long story, but can I ask you something?” Eunhyuk gulped.

Donghae stayed near Eunhyuk so he could listen to the conversation.

But there was no need because Eunhyuk was talking so loud.

The rest of the members have fallen silent as well at the mention of Jae-Min’s name.

“Sure oppa~” Jae-Min replied nervously.

“Will you go on a date with me?” Eunhyuk asked sincerely.

Donghae’s eyes widened. He wanted to stop his best friend there and then but he knew he shouldn’t. The other members started to whisper among themselves. Kyuhyun however just looked worriedly towards Donghae.

It’s as if he knew something else was going on. Jae-Min cleared before replying hoarsely to Eunhyuk. “I can’t oppa…”

“Look Jae if you are worried about the show producers in KBS, don’t because I’ve already talked to them. This will sound so ridiculously stupid but they gave me permission to date you.” Eunhyuk explained.

Donghae was gob smacked. His best friend was actually asking his girlfriend out on a date. The other members were shocked too. They didn’t know Jae-Min left quite an impression on Eunhyuk.

Jae-Min shook like a leaf.

She wished that Donghae was beside her right now.

“But oppa--” She said while chewing on her bottom lip.

“Come on Jae-Min, it’s not like you have a boyfriend…” Eunhyuk pointed out. Donghae sighed. He couldn’t do anything. He can’t help but think that if he just talked to the producers in the first place maybe things wouldn’t be so complicated right now. Jae-Min sighed too.

She can’t get out of this now.

“Araso,” She replied with a hint of helplessness in her voice.

“I’m free next Tuesday, is that okay for you?” Eunhyuk grinned.

“Look at him; he’s grinning from ear to ear. What a lovesick monkey.” Yesung commented. The others agreed with a nod.

“Yeah that’s fine oppa, where shall I meet you?” Jae-Min inquired.

“I’ll pick you up. I forgot where you lived so I asked for your address too. I’ll pick you up at 1?” Eunhyuk said.

“Oh okay oppa~ I’ll see you then.” Jae-Min ended the call.

“Ne! Bye Jae!” Eunhyuk smiled goofily.

“I can’t believe you actually went to talk to the show producers…” Shindong said. Donghae was still frozen on his spot. He didn’t know how to react.

“Jae-Min and Hyuk Jae up in a tree…” Ryeowook sang.

“K-I-S-S-I-N-G!!!” Sungmin finished.

Meanwhile, Kyuhyun continued to watch Donghae. He knew something was bothering his fishy hyung. And he had a rough idea what it was.

 

The next afternoon, Donghae had finished all his schedules early so he went to visit Jae-Min. Other than the fact that they wanted to see each other, they also have to discuss the Eunhyuk situation.

“Oppa~ everything is a mess.” Jae-Min blurted out.

“I know. It really is. Everything is even more complicated now.” Donghae said. Jae-Min covered her face with her hands and then sighed.

Donghae wrapped an arm over her shoulder.

“Hey, don’t do that. It’s going to be okay.” Donghae crooned.

“How do you know?” Jae-Min mused.

“We’ll work it out Jae… Hey look at me…” Donghae said as he took her hands away from her face. She still refused to look at him so lifted her chin up and made her face him. Jae-Min cracked a smile when he saw Donghae’s cute irresistible face close to hers.

“Cheer up baby,” Donghae chimed as he made their noses bump.

“Just kiss me already Hae,” she giggled.

Donghae smiled and then closed his eyes. She did too and their lips touched. 5 short seconds later, the doorbell rang which made them jump.

“Are you expecting anyone?” Donghae asked.

“Aniya~” Jae-Min answered in a confused tone. She stood up and then made her way towards the front door while Donghae stayed put in the living room.

Donghae started whistling. Without looking at the peephole, Jae-Min opened the front door. Her eyes widened when she saw who her visitor was.

“Hi Jae-Jae!!!” Eunhyuk smiled his gummy smile.

“HELLO EUNHYUK OPPA!” Jae-Min shouted on the top of her voice hoping that Donghae would hear her so he could go and hide. The fish certainly heard her. He’s shocked that Eunhyuk was at his girlfriend’s house but he had to hide right away. Good thing he took a taxi earlier to get to her house otherwise Eunhyuk could have seen his car parked right outside.

“How are you Jae?” Eunhyuk asked happily as he lunged at her for a hug.

“Fine oppa. Just fine. What are you doing here?” She gulped.

“Oh I just wanted to give you something--” Eunhyuk blushed.

“Which I left in the car. Aish~ Hang on a second.” He said.

He ran towards his car giving Donghae enough time to run upstairs to hide in Jae-Min’s bedroom.

When Eunhyuk returned, Jae-Min saw that he had retrieved a bouquet of red roses from his car. She instantly blushed.

“These are for you~” Eunhyuk smiled handing her the flowers.

“Oh they are beautiful, gomawo!” Jae-Min said.

“So may come in?” Eunhyuk asked shyly.

“Oh ne,” Jae-Min replied as she opened the door wider so Eunhyuk could walk through. He looked around the apartment and for some reason he started sniffing. His brows furrowed as he smelt a familiar scent.

A scent he knew too well. Jae-Min saw his weird expression.

“Is everything alright?” She asked him.

“Ne, your apartment just smells of Donghae’s aftershave.” He blabbered.

Jae-Min’s heart thumped.

“Chincha?” She shrieked trying to put on her poker face.

“I know it’s impossible since he doesn’t even know where you live.” Eunhyuk chuckled. Jae-Min laughed nervously along with him.

“But seriously, your place smells fishy!” Eunhyuk pursed his lips.

“Oh! My friend Shin Woo was here earlier. His scent is probably what you are smelling,” Jae-Min lied. It was a cheap shot, but she had to try.

“Probably,” Eunhyuk answered with a shrug.

She then led him to the kitchen so she could put the flowers in a vase.

They chatted casually for a bit but Jae-Min can’t help but think about the fish hiding upstairs.

“I gotta go Jae-Jae; I’ll see you next week!” Eunhyuk said as he made his way towards the door. Jae-Min followed him.

“Ne oppa, I’ll see you then.” She waved at him. Eunhyuk moved closer to her and she thought he was only after a goodbye hug.

But she was wrong.

Eunhyuk planted a kiss on her cheek, just inches away from her lips.

“Bye~~” The monkey grinned before skipping out of her apartment.
When his car was completely out of view, Donghae came downstairs.

“We need to do something oppa,” She said with wide eyes.

“I know. I’ll talk to him tonight,” Donghae declared.

“Are you going to tell him about us?”

“Maybe~”

“Hae he needs to know before--”

“Before he completely falls in love you.” Donghae sighed.

 

That evening at the Super Junior dorm:

Donghae stood in front of Eunhyuk’s bedroom door, just staring at it.

He could hear their song “Why I Like You” playing inside and his best friends singing along to it. A few seconds passed, he finally knocked on the door.

“It’s open!!” He heard Eunhyuk shout.

Donghae opened the door slowly, making it creak.

“Hyuk Jae, can we talk?” Donghae asked shyly.

“Sure Hae,” Eunhyuk grinned widely. He turned his music off and waited for Donghae to sit beside him on his bed.

“I’ve got a secret to tell you Hyuk,” Donghae gulped.

Eunhyuk’s eyes widened. Is Donghae going to tell him about his girlfriend?

“What is it Hae? You’re not leaving Super Junior are you?”

“Aniya,” Donghae shook his head.

“Oh. Good. What is it then?” Eunhyuk asked with full of interest.

“Please don’t get angry at me Hyuk; I’m sorry for keeping it from you.” Donghae blabbered. He started sweating furiously.

“Hae, I won’t be angry. Just tell me.” Eunhyuk urged him on.

“I have a girlfriend,” Donghae finally told him. Eunhyuk is over the moon because his best friend has finally opened up to him.

“That’s great Hae! I’m so happy for you! What’s her name?” Eunhyuk asked.

“Err-- Yumi. Her name is Yumi.” Donghae lied.

“She has a pretty name, but Hae why do you look so sad?” Eunhyuk asked.

“I’ve got a problem…” Donghae trailed off.

“What?” Eunhyuk asked. “I’m here to help.”

“There is this guy who likes my girlfriend too. He is very persistent and he just won’t leave her alone…” Donghae said nervously.

Eunhyuk’s mouth was shaped into an “O”. But then he smiled.

“Hae if I were you, I’d tell that guy to just back-off. Let him know that your girlfriend is yours. He should find his own girlfriend…” He told Donghae.

Donghae stared at Eunhyuk’s face. How can he tell his own best friend to back off? He couldn’t. He just couldn’t do that.

Donghae sighed. Eunhyuk noticed that this was really bothering the fish.

He put an arm around Donghae and then poked his cheek.

“If he keeps on bothering you, we’ll go beat him up!” Eunhyuk grinned.

“This is bad. This is very bad…” Donghae thought.