Chapter 6 - The date with Eunhyuk

Just You. A sequel to ‘15 days with Super Junior’.

Previously…

 

There is this guy who likes my girlfriend too. He is very persistent and he just wont leave her alone…”Donghae said nervously.

Eunhyuks mouth was shaped into an O. But then he smiled.

Hae if I were you, Id tell that guy to just back-off. Let him know that your girlfriend is yours. He should find his own girlfriend…”He told Donghae. Donghae stared at Eunhyuks face. How can he tell his own best friend to back off? He couldnt. He just couldnt do that.

Donghae sighed. Eunhyuk noticed that this was really bothering the fish.

He put an arm around Donghae and then poked his cheek.

If he keeps on bothering you, well go beat him up!Eunhyuk grinned.

 

“Ah Hyuk, we can beat him up…” Donghae gulped.

“Of course we can! Wait, is he big? Is he a big guy?” Eunhyuk inquired. “Cos if he is, we can get Siwon to beat him up,”

“He’s not that big…” Donghae shook his head.

“Then we can take him!” Eunhyuk put his fist up in the air.

“But Hyuk-- It’s--” Donghae stammered.

“What is it Hae?” Eunhyuk asked worriedly.

“Nothing~ Thank you for listening to me.” Donghae forced a smile.

“It’s nothing. It’s what best friends are for! Now tell that guy to get lost or Lee Hyuk Jae will be after him!” Eunhyuk declared.

Donghae didn’t have any choice but to fake his expression. He is completely aware that the right thing to do is to tell Eunhyuk the truth but he has a feeling that if Eunhyuk finds out, he wouldn’t take it very well. So Donghae decided that he would keep the truth to his best friend and see what happens as the days go.

 

Tuesday…

Today was Jae-Min’s date with Eunhyuk. She stood in front of her mirror and fixed her hair into a neat ponytail. She then applied make-up on her face. Just then, Donghae appeared behind her and his arms s around her waist. He rested his chin on top of her shoulder and sighed.

“You’re gorgeous~” He murmured.

“I’m putting heavy make-up so that Eunhyuk won’t like me as much,” Jae-Min stated as she applied another coat of mascara on her eyelashes.

“It doesn’t matter if you have no make-up on or you overdo it, he’s smitten with you. Just like I am.” Donghae mumbled.

“I wish I didn’t bump into him.” Jae-Min frowned.

“Ah jagiya~ turn that frown upside down!” Donghae poked her cheek.

“I don’t want to keep lying anymore. It’s hard. What if I end up telling him everything? I don’t wanna ruin your friendship with him! Oppa, what if--” Jae-Min blabbered. To shut her up, Donghae had pecked her on the lips.

“It’s going to be okay. Calm down babe~” Donghae told her calmly.

She inhaled a lot of air and then blew it out to calm herself down.

“I’m calm, I’m calm…” Jae-Min chanted.

“Just go with the flow~ he won’t suspect a thing.” Donghae assured her.

“Araso, araso.” Jae-Min nodded.

“Just don’t put out…” Donghae joked.

“Oppa!” Jae-Min chuckled and slapped him on the arm playfully.

Just then the doorbell rang and Jae-Min looked at Donghae. Donghae smiled sadly. He was quite jealous that his girlfriend would be going out with his best friend but he knew that he really can’t do anything about it now.

They both ran down the stairs quietly and stood behind the front door.

“You have to hide~” Jae-Min whispered frantically at Donghae.

Donghae then went to hide behind the front door when Jae-Min opened it.

“Hello Jae-Jae!” Eunhyuk greeted her warmly.

“Hi Eunhyuk oppa,” Jae-Min replied quite awkwardly.

“Are you ready to go?”

“Ne!” Jae-Min said walking out and closing the door behind her.

Donghae sighed in disbelief.

 

In Eunhyuk’s car, Jae-Min stayed quiet. Eunhyuk on the other hand kept on talking. The radio was on but it was so low that Jae-Min couldn’t even make out the song that was playing. Eunhyuk noticed that she was distracted.

“Jae-Min ah, is something wrong?” He asked.

“Oh mianhaeyo oppa,” She said. “Where are we going today?”

“We’ll go get some lunch then we could go take a walk at the park. Do you like the sound of that?”

“That sounds great oppa~” Jae-Min responded in a cheery voice.

She had to try her best not to blurt the truth out to Eunhyuk. Just for Donghae’s sake. Eunhyuk parked his car in front of a cute sandwich place. A few heads turned when they saw Eunhyuk get out of the car. He opened the car door for Jae-Min and she stepped out carefully.

“Oppa~ this place is crowded, you might get mobbed.” Jae-Min mentioned.

“Aniya, don’t worry about it.” Eunhyuk grinned.

They walked inside the sandwich place and Eunhyuk grabbed a table for them. They sat down and a waitress both gave them menus. Afterwards, they ordered what they wanted and they both kept their heads low as the other customers in there were staring at both of them.

“Looks like you’re famous now too~” Eunhyuk told her.

“Just because of that show. I’m still a nobody. Unlike you.” She said.

“Ah me? I’m not famous.” Eunhyuk smiled slyly.

“You are a very famous monkey and you know it.” Jae-Min chuckled.

Their food arrived and they started to eat while having a casual conversation. Eunhyuk told Jae-Min everything about Super Junior’s latest activities and future plans while she told him what she’s been up to; obviously leaving Donghae out of everything. A couple of ELF came over to their table to ask Eunhyuk for a quick autograph and Eunhyuk didn’t mind it. He was having such a good time with Jae-Min that he probably wouldn’t mind being mobbed with fan girls as long as he was with Jae-Min. When they finish eating, Eunhyuk being the gentleman; paid for everything.

Afterwards, they made their way to the park.

“Jae-Min ah,”

“Ne oppa?”

“Why didn’t you pick me on Day 15?”

“Because I acted so stupid on our date. I assumed that you wouldn’t want to spend the weekend with me.” She explained.

“I would have loved to have spent a weekend with you,” he sighed.

“Oh sorry oppa~” She apologized sincerely.

“So really you owe me a weekend with you.” He grinned widely.

They got to the park where there were many children running around; some were climbing trees while the rest were on picnics with their parents. There were also couples sitting down on the benches and a group of boys playing football. Eunhyuk looked at Jae-Min and smiled. Subtly, he moved closer to her so that their hands were touching as they walked on. Without saying anything, Eunhyuk grabbed her hand and intertwined their fingers. Jae-Min turned stiff at the sudden touch. A few seconds later, she took her hand away. Eunhyuk feeling embarrassed, put his hands in his jeans pocket.

“M-Mian,” Jae-Min mumbled. Eunhyuk nodded shyly.

“Oh look Jae, an ice cream van! Let’s go get some ice cream!” He said.

They walked quickly towards the ice cream van and Eunhyuk bought them an ice cream each. They started walking again and looked for an empty bench. When they found one, they sat together and started eating their ice cream.

“Oh~ Hae finally opened up to me.” Eunhyuk started.

“Chincha?” Jae-Min asked putting on her poker face.

“Ne. He told me that he’s got himself a girlfriend and that. I was so happy he finally told me but then apparently he’s got a problem.”
“Which is?”
“Some bastard is trying to break them up.” Eunhyuk grumbled.

“I see…” Jae-Min gulped.

“If I were that guy, I’d back out straight away.”

“Why’s that?”

“I don’t wanna be the guy who is up against Donghae. I mean whoever that guy is, he’s going to lose.” Eunhyuk stated.

Jae-Min felt the blood drain from her face. She finished her ice cream quickly and bit her tongue to stop herself from talking.

“Jae-Jae~ I wanna ask you something.” Eunhyuk spoke.

“What is it oppa?”
“Will you go on a second date with me? Well technically a third date.” Eunhyuk requested, doing the puppy eyes.

Not having a choice, Jae-Min said yes to the monkey’s request. Because he was so overjoyed, Eunhyuk pulled her into a big bear hug.

“Thanks Jae-Jae!!” He said.

“It’s okay oppa.” was all she could say.