How To Decide If You Should Make A Fic

FG Guide To: Apply Fics

How To Decide If You Want To Make A Fic

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This actually has to do with what I addressed in the chapter before this (the Muse chapter); if you did not read it let me quickly fill you in. You may or may not know a fic that came around earlier 2013 called Mystery High, that was my story. Was. Simply I lost my muse for it, but thinking back on it there are a few things I should have been more careful about.
(Honestly even though the story was successfully adopted I feel incredibly guilty and like a horrible person; especially since it made me a hypocrite TT.TT )

Should You Make That Apply Fic?
Think about it! Really put some thought into the fic, I literally posted MH the day I thought of the idea and now it's dead. While on the other hand I put months into my girl group Legend and it's hitting 40 chapters.
Find a muse before you write, something that gets you excited to write what you want to write about! Like if you watch something and it reminds you of it!
If you're making a fic for karma unplug your computer right now and never go back to the apply tag :P
How many ideas do you have? Can you think of an ENTIRE story right now? (Not necessarily EVERYTHING but main plot points and ways you can end it)
Write down a few ideas you have then expand on them (such as scenes and plot twists - not only will it keep you on track but if you step away from your writing for awhile you'll be able to remember what you were thinking before).

 

 

To top it off here are a few tips on some simple things to get your fic going!

You Made The Fic! Now What?
Don't leave the deadline open for a loooong time, I did that and I honestly lost my muse before I started the story (that doesn't mean keep it open for only a week either)
Always have a pre-written chapter, it's just in case you haven't written in awhile so you can just post that so your applyers get something.
When you write you need to sit yourself down and be like "I can't have a slice of that delicious chocolate cake until I write!" it always works for me.
If you feel realllly stressed because of expectations get a co-author that can help! They can help not only with writing but contribute ideas as well! (But only have one don't be one of those weirdos that has like four)
If you are having second thoughts delete the story (unless you picked OC's already - that's in the next chapter), if you already posted the app or not I would let the subbies know you are deleting the story so you don't get bombarded with spam.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If You Are Writing: Think before you write, and honestly don't force yourself too much if it's not happening it's just not going to happen.

If You Are Applying: N/A