Upvoting

FG Guide To: Apply Fics

Upvoting

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Some people tend to forget what the upvoting system is about. Upvoting is to show others how good they believe a story is, so if they really enjoy a story they upvote it. Asking for upvotes is just wrong in my book, it defeats the actual purpose. When you abuse it it not only doesn't indiciate good stories but it makes the author seem a bit desperate for applyers and views.

Upvoting is very different from subscribing, subscribing when it comes to an apply fic makes perfect sense because then people will recieve updates as to reviews and the OC's chosen.

Personally I think it's a big sign of 'karma ' when someone makes upvoting mandatory. When it's mandatory I don't apply because I think you're into apply fics just for the karma, not that you actually want to write a story. BUT if they just say in the rules you can upvote (not that you NEED to) I see no harm in that, some authors may give you a higher chance of getting chosen while others just appreciate it.

I don't like upvoting an apply fic before it's started you don't really know how well they will write the story yet so I would wait a few chapters.

I still remember the days of apply fics when upvoting wasn't a thing...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If You Are Writing: Don't be a karma ~

If You Are Applying: This isn't an indication of someones writing ability! So don't feel bad when applying for someone who asks for an upvote.