How To Make A More Realistic Story

FG Guide To: Apply Fics

How To Make A More Realistic Story
*Specifically for Girl/Boy Groups

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Currently I have two girl groups on-going and a future one planned for when I finish one of those, so yeah I think I know what I'm talking about for the most part.

If you ever read either of them (which I doubt any of you have especially since they're sub locked) you may notice I like to keep things more realistic when it comes to being in a group. I've noticed with most of the groups I apply for, that are actually written, the dorm is extravagent, the group has a hit every time, they have tons of fans that love them, barely any haters and everyone in the group is best of friends.

Newsflash: Idols lives are much more drama filled and not as glamerous as everyone likes to think.

Their lives are far from the perfect view they try and percieve. It's actually very difficult and the members aren't constantly happy. Most of the time they have barely any sleep, have to train all day and are on diets that really aren't that great for them since they're constantly burning calories. Being an idol is extremely difficult and most of the fics on this site don't personify that well, maybe they'll have the members be like 'oh this is hard' but they never do anything to really make the members hard working. Not to mention I've never seen much drama happen...

 

Notes
Dorms should not be extravagent, they are a new group that has made $0 for their company why the hell would a nine member group all get their own nicely put together room?
Most groups actually have to 'pay back' their label the money the label spent on them when they were a trainee. So depending on how much money the group makes the label depends on when the members are paid.
Typically the only rookie groups that hit it off right off the bat are boy groups - sorry girls.
Everyone has a good amount of haters try and incorperate that somehow.
Every song is not going to be a hit - that's just unrealistic.
You're group can never be as popular as SNSD/TVXQ/Suju/Shinhwa/HOT/SS501/etc. so don't even try.
Scandals!
Conflicts within the group members - how sane would you be having to deal with x amount of girls all day everyday? I'd kill them!
(If you've ever gone to sleep away camp you'll understand!)
Realize not all the members will get along, sure they put up with each other but as SHINee Key once said (something along the lines of) 'they are not my family and not my closest friends', just because they live with each other doesn't mean every member is going to be super close to every member.
 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If You Are Writing: I don't even know what to say to you... just don't be delusional and add a bit of drama every now and then!

If You Are Applying: I guess don't make a mary sue? XD