Applyer FYI's

FG Guide To: Apply Fics

 

Applyer FYI's

Since I have been attacking Writers it's Applyers time
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

I feel as if some people think the rules are optional... they're not. And if an author puts a Cheat Sheet
you HAVE to read it, because their can be some secret stuff going on in there you don't know about (like
the password). If you decide to apply for a fic that is when I don't care if the author is rude, deal with it.
It's your own fault since you applyed.

 

So What Should You Know?
If you are asked to write more than a paragraph for personality you damn well better write that paragraph,
a paragraph is typically at least 5-8 sentences.
Say positives and negatives, not just one side.
Don't use every adjective under the sun.
If they ask for 5-10 likes/dislikes/etc put 5 to 10 not 4 not 11 but 5 TO 10.
If they put love as optional you have a better chance of getting in without one.
Use the source code (if there is one)
Subscribe, seriously like that's everyones rule they can ignore your app if you aren't subbed.
Make sure the height/weight make sense, no one want's someone who's anorexic (use this).
If you're asked to give lb, ft AND kg, cm you better give them both.
Don't have a short Ulzzang like Lee Geum Hee and make her 5'8.
Having them be fluent in English (or any other language) and they've never stepped foot out of Korea, that just doesn't make much sense. (EDIT: Many have pointed out, and are correct, that it is possible to become fluent in a language without ever being in said country, but the problem is that many take this for granted and go over-board. It honestly annoys me when every applicant speaks freaking English there are plenty other languages! And honestly most of the people are Semi-Fluent not necessarily Fluent)
Go for Ulzzangs that have tons of pics, HQ is a bonus. (I know some authors hate when the Ulzzang only has selcas)
Sob stories, when not done right, are overrated.
Don't be an kisser, you'll annoy the author more than get on their good side.
Don't be an when it comes to them updating, writers have lives.
Don't bash. Ever.
You should watch your grammer so the author doesn't flip at you, personally I don't care but a lot of authors do.
If English is not your first language let the author know.
Don't expect the fic to end, most don't.
Make sure things add up, like don't have them be Korean-Filipina/Filipino and have Amber as their sister.
Put something unique that is eye catching like in the habits they only eat ice cream with a fork... or something.
Try and stay away from the usual "Tom Boy" "Aegyo Girl" "Rich " "Witty Mofo" if you really want one of those give some of your own touch to make them stand out. (Have a girly girl have a secret love of video games/anime, that's cute. But don't have her be awesome at all sports thats too much)
For blood type put the '-' or '+', I know it's easy to forget (I do) but it's kinda an obvious thing.
Don't put fics in first person unless told to it's kinda weird.
Don't base the character off you you're going to be pissed when the author says they don't like something (or be ready to be offended).
If you want them to be fluent in more than one language don't go over two.
Don't go over 3 languages (unless obvious reasons stated in the background).
 
More may be added

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

If You Are Writing: N/A

 

If You Are Applying: Truthfully it seems a bit rude when an applyer blatently ignores something you put in the app (especially in paranthesis that's what they're there for), if you're not to sure on something just ask the author they won't bite.