Reunited

When She Was Her

                                                     

 

"It's summer already. A perfect time to be back."  Yoona thought aloud. She have run away from home 4 years ago. Nobody expected that she would do such a thing so everyone was quite surprised and disappointed. She's a very obedient girl, quite the opposite of her twin. If it was her twin nobody would even pay attention anymore since she always do it, they even lost count on how many times she did.

My twin.. she thought. My other half.. the person who can do what I cannot.

She have just arrived back in Paris. The place where she and her siblings grew up. She thought of touring the place first before going home and be scolded by her mother. She walk down the streets which are very pretty especially at night when the street lights are on. She walk and just savor every bit of the place that she have really missed and have not seen in 4 years.

While walking, a billboard caught her eyes. It's a picture of 4 girls, one specifically looks familiar. Not only familiar, the girl looks like her. "Yuri ah??" she thought aloud. "What is she doing on a billboard?" A man who is also looking at the billboard look at her and said, "She finally got the lead role."

"What?!" Yoona asked in her surprised.

"Yuri Kwon, the girl who we always see doing the antagonist roles or the supporting roles, have finally snatched the lead role. HAHAHA! Josephine March fits her personality very well, anyways." said the man. The billboard is an advertisement for the theatre adaption of The Little Women. 

"Where would they be performing this and when?" Yoona asked immediately. She run when she finally got the answer.


 

The Little Women is a theatre adaption of a popular book of the same name. The presentation have just ended. Their first presentation was a success. Everyone is in the dressing room congratulating each other on their first performance but Yuri is not paying any attention and is in a great hurry to leave.

"Yuri! Aren't you going to stay for the after party?" A co-actress asked her.

"Aniyo, I'm sorry! It's Friday and my mom is expecting us all to be home early, she's going to cook something for us... I'm sorry!" Yuri replied while packing her things. "Our youngest have also asked me to fetch him."

"Ow.. Just take care then! You did a great job." her co-actress replied and smiled.

"You did very well too!" she said then gave her watch a quick glance, "Oh No! Yu-kwon is going to kill me!" she exclaimed then run.

Arrrg!! I don't want to owe that little kid anything! If I'll be late then I'll have to buy him something in return! Yuri thougt while running. Oh yeah! the bus is here! i'm just right on time! she run a little fasterso she could catch it. And then she saw someone familiar across the streets. She slowed down and came into a halt. She stared at the person. For a moment she thought she's staring in a mirror. But I'm not wearing a dress! She thought. And then it hit her.

It's Yoona.

Yuri couldn't believe her eyes. Did I hurt my head or something? Am I seeing things?  She ran across the street and approached Yoona who is very much like petrified on the place where she's standing. She held her sister's face and stare at it for a while. Yoona started tearing up.

"Unnie?!" Yuri asked and then hugged her sister tightly. "Yoona unnie! YOU'RE BACK!" 

"How dare you... you are 5 minutes older than me," Yoona replied hugging her sister back, half-crying and half-laughing.

"You always acts like your older anyways.. hahaha!" Yuri said as she released her sister from her embrace. Yoona replied with a pout. "Let's go home! Eomma is going to cook something for us today! I think it would be more special since your back." Yuri exclaimed while pulling her sister then she came into a halt. "Ahh.. Let's go this way first." 

"This way? But our house is on that way." Yoona pointed on the opposite direction.

"AHH... I almost forgot Yu-kwon, I told him I'll pick him up... as if I have a car or something.. HAHAHA!" Yuri said pulling Yoona and run. They went to the nearest high school where Yu-kwon is studying. The guards let Yuri in, they all knew her since she used to attend the same school and is almost always picking Yu-kwon up. They went straight to the field. "He's over there!" Yuri exclaimed.

"Where? I cannot spot him anywhere." Yoona said while trying to pick their youngest brother out from the crowd.

"That tall red-head. I mean that one with a really.. ahh how can I describe that head of his?!?!" Yuri said in her annoyance while scratching her head.

"Why are you focusing on his head?! Describe his clothes or something.. What's with the head?"

"I don't know.. nyahahaha!" 

                                                                                

"Just call him so we can get his attention already!" Yoona told Yuri.

"No need! There he goes!" Yuri said then run towards his brother. "Yu-kwon ah! Yah! Yu-kwon ah!" Yuri was waiving her hands in the air.

"Will you stop shouting out my name noona?! YOU"RE LATE! You're unable to watch the match! " Yu-kwon said, a little mad, punched her sister lightly on her shoulder. "You know that you owe me one."

"Something—err—someone came up!" Yuri ran and took Yoona by the hand. "TA—DAAA! Can you remember her? It's my twin! Your other sister, Yoona!" she said very enthusiastically. 

"Whut?!" Yu-kwon said, he is very much surprised and just stared at Yoona in what felt like forever. But then he said, "Let's just go home.. I'm starving." He then started to walk away, completely ignoring her other sister.

"He didn't even say hi to me.." Yoona expressing her disappointment. Yuri shrugged.


 

They went straight home. Their brother Yunho is already home by the time that they have arrived. He is helping their mother and preparing the dining table when they came. 

"Wash your hands.. eomma is almost done," he said without looking up.

"Add one more plate oppa!" Yuri told him.

"Wae? Did you invite someone?" Yunho looked up and saw Yoona, shocked dawned his face. "Ow. Ow—I—ah.. Eomma!!" He then yelled at their mother who is in the kitchen, cooking their meal. "Y—Yoona is back!" He said then run to their mother. Mrs. Kwon went out and saw her daughter, she immediately run towards her and hugged her tightly.

"YOONG!" Mrs. Kwon exclaimed. "How could you do this to us!?? How could made us worry?!?" She said crying then pinched her daughter's arm. "Did you know that I need to ground Yuri for 8 months just to make sure that she wouldn't do the same!"

"Eomma! 8 months?? that was 12!" Yuri exclaimed whileYu-kwon laughed.

"I just wanted to make sure that you two did not plan anything." Mrs. Kwon said defensively. "I'll never know if the two of you were devising a plan in your headquarters." she added referring to their bedroom. "Yu-kwon ah, get your sister a plate. Let us eat, I have cooked something special."

"Where have you been for the last 4 years?" Yunho asked while they were eating. Everyone turned their eyes to Yoona.

"I went to Korea, oppa." Yoona said with a smile. Everyone choked.

"Korea?" They asked in unison.

"What did you do there for?" Mrs. Kwon asked. She was a little surprised, it has never crossed her mind that Yoona would go to Korea especially when they don't have any relatives alive there anymore.

"I tried to find myself, and I succeeded." she replied.  "When I was here I didn't know what I want to be and who would I be in the next  years, but I have found myself in Korea—"

"So why come back?" Yu-kwon interrupted her. Yuri kicked him hard on his shin. "Aww! Noona!? Wae?? Did I say something wrong? I was just asking!" he yelled and Yuri kicked him again.

"Yoong.. Ignore Yu-kwonie, he's in his rebellious mode." Yuri said.

"What did I say wrong? I was just asking? If she found herself there then why come back here if she is saying that she couldn't find herself here?" Yu-kwon retorted, receiving another kick from Yuri and a warning stare from Yunho and their mother. 

"Oh. Yes, I found myself. But I caught in trouble along the way. So.. I am here to asked your help eomma, Yunho oppa and Yu-kwon ah. I am also going to ask Yuri for a big favor." Yoona said without looking at them and concentrating on her plate. She looked up and smiled.

"What is it?" Yunho asked.

"I want to stay here for the time being, I would really appreciate if you are going to accept me again." she said again with a smile.

"That would be a little H—A—R—D." Yu-kwon said, receiving a kick from their mother this time. "Aww.. eomma..?" he said rubbing his legs. "Wae? Why do you want to stay here? And what's that favor you wanted to ask from Yuri noona?"

"I want to recover here. I have cancer. I want to be taken cared of by my mother." She said still with a smile. "And I want to ask Yuri to go to Korea and pretend that she's me."

Nobody said anything and they were just wide-eyed staring at her.

"You want me to be YOU in Korea?!?!!" Yuri broke the silence.