Chapter 7

Tadaima~

"There's no way she can be his mother!" 

"Calm down Nino," Ohno said when the five were able to leave and make it to Nino's apartment. "They're doing the test now, so there's no guarantee that Taro-chan's hers or not."

"I don't get it," Jun spoke up after he put Taro down for a nap. "A few days ago, you looked really upset that his mother didn't show up, and now that there's a real possibility that she came back you're all torn up about it!"

"DID YOU SEE THAT WOMAN?!" Nino yelled at him.

"SHH!" Aiba exclaimed. "Taro-chan's asleep!"

"There's absolutly no way!" Nino continued angrily. "She's crazy! You saw her!"

"We did see her," Sho responded calmly. "But if it's her then you have to give her back."

Nino gave him an evil glare. "No," he said simply. "I do not trust Taro with that woman! It can't be her! I could smell that evil sake on her breath Sho-chan! And plus, if she wanted him that bad then why would he end up at my door?"

"A lot of things could've happened. The father could've taken him and left him behind."

"Then Taro has two very screwed up parents!"

Nino would've continued to pace and yell, but at that moment his cell phone began to ring, which was able to get his mind back to normal for a few seconds. He answered without looking at the caller ID. "Hai?"

"Ninomiya-san? It's Doctor Ichikawa."

Nino sighed. "Hai sensei?"

"We were able to find a match within our records for your lost baby."

"THANK YOU!" Nino exclaimed. "Oh my god thank--"

"Her name is Ichige Rina, age twenty-two, and lives in Shibuya. She had the baby about five months ago in November and his official name is Ichige Shinichi. She hasn't shown up for any doctor's visits since he was born apparantly, so he still needs his shots and other things done just to make sure he's okay."

Nino stopped listening once he heard 'Ichige Rina' come out of the doctors mouth. As soon as he heard his voice stop, he handed the phone to Ohno. "Son of a ," he swore.

Ohno was taken aback for a few seconds before he realized he wasn't directing that at him. Ohno put the phone up to his ear and talked to the doctor while Nino continued to pace and the other three continued to watch him nervously. When Ohno got off the phone, he told everyone what the doctor said. "Nino, you have to give him back."

"I can't," Nino said. "Oh-chan, I can't trust her. There's just something about this that isn't right."

"But you don't have a choice--" Jun started.

"I don't care!"

"Maybe..." Sho spoke up suddenly.

Nino looked at him. "What?"

Sho took a deep breath. "If it'll make you feel better, I can do some research tomorrow on her and check to see if she has a colorful history."

Nino was surprised that Sho was suggesting it. He fell to his knees in front of Sho and bowed. "Please!" he pleaded. "Please look into it! I want what's best for Taro!"

--

If Sho hadn't been in News Zero, there's no way that he would've been able to check the police records on Taro's mother. He went into the station thinking he wouldn't find a lot, and came out pleasantly surprised.

"What did you find?" Nino asked when he was back from filming and all five members were together in the lounge at J-Storm.

Sho smiled and brought out a small stack of papers. "Let's just say that I found out some very interesting things."

Nino gaped along with everyone else. "She's had this much trouble with the police?"

"Only two or three documents here are from the police," Sho explained. "The rest is from the Edo-gen Adoption Center."

Everyone stared at him. "Adoption?" Nino asked. 

Sho nodded. "Taro was put up for adoption about four months ago," he explained. "It says according to the records, his mother was irresponsible and unable to take care of him financially. Whether it was her or someone else who put him up, I'm not sure."

"But if he was put up for adoption, why didn't he go to the orphanage?" Jun asked. "Why did he end up at Nino's door?"

"The day that the orphanage came to take Taro was April 2nd--"

"That's the day I found him!" Nino spoke up.

"Exactly. And the report states that when the orphanage came to take him, he and the mother were gone and any trace that there was a baby in the house had disappeared. When they finally caught up to Ichige-san, she said that she didn't know where her son was, but she didn't seem to act like she cared."

"Then why does she want him back?" Aiba wondered.

"Money maybe," Ohno spoke up. 

"That makes sense," Nino said. "My mom said once that whenever a family has a child or whatever then they get so much money from tax returns, and it's supposed to be a lot of money." He looked at Sho. "She just wants him for money?"

"Doesn't that make sense?"

"Then I don't have a choice!" Nino stood up. "I have to adopt Taro. If I don't then that evil woman will just use him! He deserves so much better!"

"How are you going to adopt?" Jun asked in his smart- voice. "They already found his mother, and you've seen that she won't give him up that easily."

"I'll fight! I'll fight the court and I'll fight her, and even if I can't adopt him, I'll try to make it so that she can at least lose custody."

Everyone was quiet as they thought that over. "Nino," Ohno looked up at him. "That's going to be really hard to do.... but I know you can do it. You're too stubborn to let it go that easily."

--

That night, Nino watched Taro sleep for the first time. He never realized how peaceful he was when he was asleep, and Nino envied him. He wished he could sleep that peacefully.

"Taro-chan," Nino whispered. "Do you think I can win? I know I'm not your father or anything, but if I win I'll do whatever I can to be a good dad. I promise."

=======================================================================================================

 

chapter 7 of 'Tadaima' is up and posted!!! read it, enjoy it, do all that fun stuff.

AND TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK OF IT!!!!!! i love comments!!! :D

 

ok now for me to share....

OMG!!!!! who here has seen 'The Quiz Show 2' and 'Uta no Oniisan'?? *me raises my hand*

even if you haven't, if you've just seen one, YOU SHOULD WATCH THIS!!!!!!!!

this is genius.....

 

(I've been browsing youtube a lot lately... but who cares? you find interesting stuff if you're bored enough)