Chapter 5

Tadaima~

How on earth Nino was able to keep Taro a secret for about a week, he'll never know. When he was shooting Yamada Taro Monogatari, he gave him to the same assistant who looked after him the first day, who was just as happy to look after him. 

"I hope I'm not giving you too much trouble," Nino told the assistant as she held Taro. "It's just kinda hard to look after him and act at the same time."

"Don't worry about it!" the assistant smiled. "I love kids, especcially babies."

"Well I never thought they'd be so much work," Nino sighed patting Taro's head. 

"How did you get him?"

Nino chuckled. "That's a long story. Let's just say that one day I didn't have him and the next a stork dropped him off."

"Well I think he's cute either way," the girl smiled.

Nino watched and noticed that the girl looked young, but couldn't be much older than him. And she was pretty. "What's your name?" he asked.

"Naomi desu."

Nino bowed. "Arigatou Naomi-san. Just make sure that my manager doesn't find out about him. The last thing he needs is another heart attack because of something I didn't do." 

Luckily, Manager-san didn't find out about Taro up to a point. He knew that one of the assistants was looking after a baby, but he didn't know that the baby was currently living with one of his Arashi members. 

And for once, Nino was grateful for Sho being the guy he was, because Manager-san always had his attention turned somewhere else by Sho whenever Nino had to leave with Taro. 

A week after having Taro, Ohno called Nino at work.

"The police called. They may have found Taro-chan's mother."

"Hontouni?!" Nino exclaimed happily in between takes on his phone. "That's great! Now we can get him home and his mom doesn't have to worry!"

"Nino," Ohno said slowly. "You're going to miss him... you know that right?"

Nino frowned but nodded. "Yeah, I know, but I'll be relieved. I can sleep soundly and he'll be home. Plus, we won't have to worry about Manager-san finding out about him."

--

The next day, the five members of Arashi took Taro down to the police station to meet the woman they found. Taro was wide awake and sitting up in Nino's arms when they walked in, and one of the officers immediately took the five to one of their rooms where a young woman stood pacing. Nino thought she looked beautiful, and suddenly couldn't wait for Taro to go home. 

When they walked in and the woman saw them, she gasped and held out her arms. "Shoichi!" she cried taking the baby into her arms and holding onto him. "Oh Shoichi! My baby!" She looked at Nino. "Hontou arigatou gozaimasu!"

Nino smiled. "Dou itashimae," he said. He handed the woman the bag with his clothes. "You left this. Here's the clothes and things that came with him." Jun gave him a sharp jab in the side when he said that. 

The woman just looked at Nino. "What are you talking about? I didn't leave anything. Shoichi was taken while I was in the park."

Everyone just stared at her. Aiba was the first to react, and he took one of Taro's shirts out of the bag. "Does this look familiar?"

"No, not at all."

Sho looked at the policeman. "Is there any way we can do a test to make sure we have the right baby?" he asked. 

Ten minutes later, the tests proved important. They had the wrong baby, which resulted in a heartbroken mother and a disappointed Ninomiya. "I'm really sorry," Nino told the woman. "I hope they find your son soon."

After crying for a few more minutes, the woman looked up at him. "I think it's great that you're taking care of him," she said. "I hope they find his mother soon. She must be worried sick."

Nino frowned. "I hope they find her too."

--

That night when they were both home, Nino just felt like crying. They were so close to getting him home! "Man!" he groaned looking at Taro. "I wish you could talk," he said. "That way you could help us! You have no idea how frusterating this is!" 

Taro just looked up at Nino like he was trying to figure out what he was saying. 

"Fine," Nino said getting the applesauce out of the fridge. "When you're older, just remember that you didn't say anything, and then when you want me to say something important, I'll just stay silent just to annoy you too." Nino laughed at the idea. "That sounds like fun actually."

He looked at Taro, and for a split second it looked like he was trying to figure out how to smile or laugh. Nino was amazed. "You almost got it!" he told him. "Keep practicing Taro-chan! Now open up!"

 

=======================================================================================================

 

I've decided!!

ONE STORY AT A TIME!!!

so sorry guys :( you'll have to wait for my other stories until I'm done with this one. it's the only way I'll get this done...

 

chapter 5 of 'Tadaima' is up!!!! feel free to comment and tell me what you think! :D i looooooooove comments so post all you want!!!!!!!!

now what to do???

hmm...

YAMADA TARO MONOGATARI TIME~!!!!!! (I like this drama btw :D)