Chapter 4

Tadaima~

When Nino woke up the next morning, the most important thing to him was turning off his annoying alarm clock. He always hated it, but he had never hated it that much until that morning. When he pressed the button to turn it off, it kept going on and on until finally Nino had to sit up and realize that it wasn't on.

Then his brain reminded him of where exactly he was, and that the annoying sound that woke him up was not the mechanical device but the little baby on the other side of the room. 

Nino couldn't help but groan. "Ah man!" he exclaimed. "Please don't do that!" he stood up then and quickly went over to Taro to pick him up and stop his crying. He bounced him, he rocked him, he tried singing, but nothing seemed to calm Taro down, and it was starting to irritate Nino a little bit. 

"C'mon calm down!" Nino cried. "I know you probably don't like me, but I gotta give you to Aiba today so I can go to work. Don't cry!" Even when he tried feeding the baby, he wouldn't drink from his bottle, and his diaper wasn't wet, which made Nino even more irritated that he couldn't figure out what was wrong with him. Both cried for nearly an hour. "Taro-chan, please--"

He froze when he heard his doorbell ring. Taro continued to cry, but since Nino didn't know what else to do but open it. He was relieved when he saw Aiba standing there. "YOU BIG OAF!" he yelled over the crying. "You have no idea how happy I am to see you!"

"Is Taro-chan crying?" Aiba asked coming in. 

Nino looked at him. "No, he's just super happy to see you! Take him and do what you do to calm babies down!"

Aiba took him but hesitated. "I don't have my tape player with me!" he said.

"Just try to take care of him!" Nino pleaded taking his bag of clothes, a toothbrush, his phone, and some money. "I have to go to the set, so please look after him for a while without causing any trouble!" Nino felt a little bad leaving Aiba with a crying baby, but he didn't know what else to do. If he was late, he'd have to make an excuse, and that was the last thing he wanted to do. 

--

"I'm glad you made it for once," Sho said when Nino rushed into the dressing room. He was already in costume, and when he saw Nino he sat up. "And why are you still in your pajamas?"

"Later," Nino said taking off his shirt and pants to change into his costume. "Is Manager-san upset?"

"He's looking for you," Sho answered. 

"Crap," Nino mumbled buttoning up his blue shirt. "I'm late, and if it wasn't for that baka Aiba then this wouldn't have happened!"

"If it wasn't for that baby then this wouldn't have happened," his friend corrected. "And what is with you and that anyway? One minute you're acting like you don't like it, and then the next you're acting like his parent!"

"Well I don't see you taking care of him!" Nino shot a look at Sho as he put on his pants. "I didn't see you trying to be of any help!"

"It's not our job to look after a baby! We're too busy!"

"Says the person who has the most gentle touch with kids."

Sho looked at Nino, who just smirked because he knew he was right. "Nino," Sho said. "I like kids. I really do. It's just that we don't have time."

Nino frowned as he tucked in his shirt and zipped up his pants. "Sho-chan, that baby was left at my door. I don't have the first clue as to why, but I feel like I have to take care of him until he's placed with the right people to take care of him."

"But you're not the parent. What if the person who left him behind comes to your door and demands that they have him back?"

Nino stopped and stared at Sho seriously. "If his parent comes back, I won't give him back. There's no way they can be a suitable parent if they just left him like that. I believe it's better for him to be with me until the police can find a stable living environment for him."

"And what if they don't find a place or his mother? You don't honestly think that you can raise a child by yourself."

"I know I probably can't, but if it comes to that then I'll do whatever it takes."

"Ah," Manager-san sighed walking into the dressing room. "The two stars of Yamada Taro Monogatari here together. And on time I see!"

"Almost ready Manager-san," Nino said grabbing his tie and putting it around his neck. 

"Glad to hear it," their manager said. "As soon as your done, go see the makeup artist. You two are going to start soon, and today I want no interuptions."

"Yes Manager-san," Sho and Nino said in unison as he left. Nino groaned, and prayed that Aiba didn't do anything stupid.

--

About five hours into the shooting, nothing bad had happened. Nino and Sho were able to do their lines and perform without a problem, which made the director happy. And what made Nino happen was that he was able to forget about baby Taro for a little while.

That is, until Aiba showed up.

"Ninomiya-san!" one of the assistants called when filming had stopped for a little while. "Aiba Masaki-san is here to see you. He says it's important."

"Son of a--" Nino nearly swore as he quickly ran to the dressing room, where Aiba held a sleeping Taro. "Aiba what are you doing here? You can't bring him here! If Manager-san sees you--"

"I didn't have a choice!" Aiba answered. "Manager-san called me and told me that I had to go to the recording studio today to help out with some things with Riida and Matsujun."

"I CAN'T TAKE HIM." Nino told him. "I'll get my chewed!"

Aiba carefully and quickly gave Taro to Nino, who didn't have a choice but to take him. "I'm sorry!" Aiba said nearly in tears. "But I can't take him to the studio!" And with that, he left to avoid Nino's yells.

"AIBA MASAKI!" Nino yelled as he ran out. "YOU IDIOT! YOU'RE A BIG IDIOT YOU KNOW THAT?! I TRUSTED YOU TO TAKE CARE OF HIM FOR A FEW HOURS AND YOU TAKE OFF?! AIBA!"

Just as he was done yelling down the hallway then Taro woke up and began crying. "Oh great," Nino said. "Just what I need." He started bouncing Taro and rubbed his back to calm him down. "Ne, Taro-chan, remind me to never make Aiba the godfather of any of my kids."

A few minutes after Taro calmed down (Nino found he was hungry so he was giving him a bottle), Sho walked in and shut the door behind him. "What is he doing here?!"

"Aiba dropped him off," Nino said watching Taro. "It's amazing. This kid has some pretty strong jaws for a four month old." Both him and Sho laughed watching him. "I don't what I'm going to do. How am I supposed to watch him?"

"Ask one of the assistants to watch him for a while," Sho suggested. "We should be out of here in an hour or so, then you can go home."

Nino did exactly that. The assistant that found him was willing and happy to watch him, which made Nino forever grateful to her. He quickly finished filming, and then he changed, took Taro, and headed for the door.

"NINO!" Manager-san called. "Wait up!"

"AH! Manager-san! Just the person I was looking for!" Nino heard Sho call happily. Nino continued to head for the door and held onto Taro so  he could leave. He didn't breath a sigh of relief until after he got home. 

Nino put Taro on the couch, who sat up and started playing with a rattle. Nino sat in front of him and put his head on his hands on the couch. "Taro-chan, what am I going to do with you? You're making Nino-chan frusterated, and you're not even mine." When Taro didn't pay any attention, Nino sighed and sat back. "Okay... I bet you're hungry. I got some applesauce in the fridge for you."

As Nino was feeding Taro, he found that he was actually really tired. He couldn't believe that a career and a baby could wear you out like that, but at least now Nino definately had some respect for his mother for putting up with him. After Taro was done eating, then Nino put him to bed, and before even he knew it, he was on his bed fast asleep also.

 

=====================================================================================================

 

FINALLY~!!!!! an update~!!!!!!! YAAAAAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sorry guys.... I fear that I'm turning into a slow updater...

just remind me that whenever I want to start on a new story, be sure to finish the one I'm CURRENTLY working on before I start on that!! I'm kinda going back and forth and it's made me not want to write =(

 

chapter four of 'Tadaima' is up!!!! feel free to comment all you like~!!! i love comments :D tell me what you think~ if you like it if you hate it, same ol' same ol'

 

ok, now for some news....

 

OMG!!!!!!!!!!! ....is that Arashi's new PV I spy?????

IT IS~!!!!!!!! 

according to TokyoHive, it came out today~~ June 11th

and I found it only thirty minutes ago LOL :D

it's a pretty good song, and I like the music video. its gonna be all I'll be listening to for awhile I suspect lol! 

 

「まだ見ぬ世界へ」

'Mada Minu Sekai e'