Trust

In Between Two Moons

The next morning when i woke up my body was killing me.

As i stretched i looked at my surroundings and realized i wasnt in my room.

The memories of last night shot through my mind and i remembered that i was taking care of Kyungsoo cause he had a fever, but Kyungsoo was no where to be found right now.

i moved to get up and my ankle stung where a bruise covered the surface. i looked at it and decided it would be fine as long as i endured the pain and didnt pay attention to it.

i got up and stretched some more and noticed a note hanging by his dresser and grabbed it.

the note read, "Good morning Jae hee ah, thanks for taking care of me last night, i feel better today so dont worry about me.  i went to go practice with the others  since i skipped yesterday. rest a little more since you were probably up all night taking care of me. we'll talk later, bye- your grateful best friend Kyungsoo :)"

i smiled at the note and laughed at how childish he was.

i walked back to my room to take a shower and change and noticed another note hanging on my mirror.

i read the contents of the note. it said, " Jae hee, meet me at this address...", and below it stated an address i was familiar with because it was near my old home. it didnt say who it was from or anything, just to meet them there, so i took a quick shower and got ready to leave.

i decided i would dress more nicer and decent today rather than just wearing my sweats and sweater. 

i put on a pair of black stockings and shorts over them and a long dark grey sweater like top with skeleton ribs on the front. i finished the look with a brownish grey beanie and applied make up to my face, starting with my favourite bb cream and giving a cat eye look to my eyes with eyeliner.

When i was done getting ready i grabbed keys to the house that were given to me and locked the door before leaving.

 

When i reached the address that was written down on the paper i ended up at a cafe that i used to always come to with friends and my family.

i looked at the cafe and all the memories i had here came back to me, i closed my eyes and let them roam free in my mind but i suddenly started to feel sad as a memory i had with my first love/crush popped into my mind. i shook those memories away and sighed.

 at that a felt a hand touch my shoulder and my eyes grew wide.

"Jae hee ah?" the person that i recognized to be my first love/crush when i turned around to face him said.

"J-Jeremy" i stuttered

"wow, it really is you" he said

we decided we would go in and talk.

"wow its been so long, how are you?" he asked when we both finally got seated at a table.

i felt nervous and the atmosphere was kinda awkward around us and i didnt know what to say to him or what to talk about, so i just said "im fine..."

it got silent between us for a while and then he spoke

"so i, i heard about your parents" he started

our eyes connected and he had that stupid look of sympathy everyone gave me and i hated it, especially coming from him.

"im sorry about-"

"its fine, i dont need your sympathy" i said angrily before getting up and trying to leave but he caught hold of my arm.

"Jae hee ah, are you still mad at me?" he asked and that just made me even more angrier.

i tried to pull my arm loose but he kept a tight grip.

"let go" i said quietly but he still held on, "let me go!" i said this time louder and everyone turned to look at us.

"i wont, i regret what i did back then, im sorry!" he spoke loudly to me pulling my arm and making my ankle on a chair.

i hissed in pain and i tried to fight back tears as the memories of that time came back.

he wasnt sorry, how could he be sorry?

"let her go" i heard someone say as they grabbed hold of him.

i turned to see luhan wearing a pair of sunglasses, a hat and a scarf to disguise himself.

"luhan?" i mumbled almost to myself

"let her go" he said again and they just glared at eachother.

After a while Jeremy finally let go of my arm but kept his glare towards luhan and luhan did the same but broke it as he grabbed hold of my hand and escorted me out of the cafe.

"luhan, luhan! it hurts, stop!" i whined when we got outside and he let go of my hand.

"are you ok?" he asked

and i just lied and said i was although everything hurt, including my heart and my ankle.

i didnt want to talk about it, especially with him.

"i guess we'll have to go somewhere else" he said and i stared at him in confusion.

"you can go, im waiting for Kyungsoo" i said, "thanks for earlier"

"huh?", he questioned

"i got this note to come here from Kyungsoo" i replied and he laughed.

"i sent you that note" he said finally and i stared at him as if i didnt believe him because i didnt.

i laughed too now but in disbelief. " your joking?" i asked and he nodded no.

i turned to walk away from him and he chased after me.

"hey! where you going?" he screamed from behind me, "lets go together"

i was still angry about what he did to Kyungsoo and i didnt feel like spending my day with him, as it was already ruined from earlier.

"wont you slow down?" he said as he ran after me when i started running.

i turned a corner and tripped over something causing me to hiss in pain again.

"Jae hee" he said as he knelt down beside me.

he helped me up and i grunted in pain when i put pressure on my ankle.

he looked toward my ankle as he held he up and noticed the bruise that seemed to have gotten bigger and worse.

he looked back at me and i stared at him to make him feel guilty and i guessed it worked cause he kept avoiding eye contact with me.

but dispite his guilt he picked me up fully and carried me like a princess in his arms.

i was surprised and tried to wiggle out of his arms.

"will you just stay still!" he said looking me in the eyes with concern and i listened.

he brought me to a sauna place and paid for both of us. he sat me down oh a bench inside and leaned down in front of me and took off my shoe and examined my foot, where he touched the bruised area and i hissed again.

he sighed, stood up and left.

i was confused as to why he left but i just stayed put.

he returned with a hard boiled egg and started to peel the shell off. when he finished peeling it he placed the egg on my bruise and started rubbing it on the bruised skin. i moved my foot away when he first brought the egg to my foot but when he stared up at me, i just decided to go with it.

"my mom used to do this for me when i would get hurt" he finally said, "it brings the inflammation down and soothes it.

"really?" i asked and he just nodded in agreement.

another moment of silence came between us as he rubbed the egg on my ankle.

"im sorry" he finally said and broke the silence.

"huh?" i said surprised that he even knew those words and that he could be this caring, "for what?"

"for hurting you and everything" he answered without making eye contact and keeping his focus on my ankle.

i smiled.

"is that all? what about Kyungsoo?" i asked and he stopped rubbing at the sound of Kyungsoo's name.

"ya, i-i guess that too" he stuttered uncertainly

should i ask why they are like that? would it be too much since we arent close? maybe i shouldnt...but im soo curious.

"Are you wondering why we're like this?" he asked and i jumped at his question.

did i think out loud? or can he hear my thoughts?

"well i wont tell you so dont ask or wonder about it because its got nothing to do with you, so its better if you stay out of it or dont know anything about it" he said.and i was unhappy with his response because he didnt feed my curiousity.

i mocked him with my face and rolled my eyes.

 

"by the way, why arent you at practice and here instead?" i asked and he sighed, "did you fight again?!"
 
he looked up at me with wide eyes and i knew i was right. i just shook my head in disappointment.

he looked up at me and i stopped, thinking he would yell at me but instead he flicked me in the forehead and finished applying a cream he bought a while ago and put a bandage on top of it.

i was taken back by his actions and felt like this happened before. then i remembered Kyungsoo did the same thing to me.

i looked down at luhan who looked so concentrated on taking care of my ankle and thought that him and Kyungsoo must've been really close to be so similar  and do the same thing such as flicking the forehead.

"why are you staring?" he asked and i sanpped myself out of it and looked away.

"im not staring" i stated looking around the room, "by the way, are you even allowed to be in places like this? wont you catch too much attention? it is public" i asked 

he looked around and laughed to himself.

"theres only ahjummas here" he said and i looked around and realized that too.

"true" i agreed and laughed too.

we started peeling more boiled eggs to eat and just sat there for a while.

"um excuse me sir, are you perhaps, luhan from Exo?" a group of ahjummas asked through giggles and we both looked at eachother and read eachother minds because we knew what we had to do.

we both got up and quickly grabbed our stuff and made a run for it and the ahjummas chased after us.  the paparazzi caught on that something was happening and started following as well and thats when luhan took off his scarf and sunglasses and handed them to me.

"put these on or ill have a scandal and you will be a target of female fans" he demanded as we kept running and i listened, putting the sunglasses and scarf on.

we finally found an alley and luhan dragged me off to a corner and hugged me close to him, hiding the both of us from view. we heard the fans go by and we just stayed like that, both of us panting from running so much. we were facing eachother and our faces were so close since he wasnt that much taller than me and we just stared at eachother. both of our faces were flustered, not sure if it was from the running we did or the small space between our faces. his eyes travelled down my face to my lips and back up to meet my eyes.

i had to admit he was very attractive and it made me forget that i hated him.

when he looked back down at my lips he moved forword a little bit and it was like i was frozen and i couldnt move, but before he could go any further my phone rang and broke the moment.

he quickly backed off and we looked at eachother with wide eyes realizing what almost happened and he averted his gaze elsewhere while i answered my phone.

"h-hello?" i spoke through the phone and i recognized Kyungsoo's voice.

"hey, Jae hee ah, where are you? your not home so i was just wondering where you were. the others are wondering too, are you ok?"Kyungsoo spoke sounding worried.

"oh, im fine, i just had to meet someone, im on my way home" i said not saying who it was i met.

"oh, really? where are you, ill come pick you up?" he asked and i told him where we were.

i hung up the phone and looked over at luhan who seemed to have noticed who i was talking to and looked kind of upset.

"Kyungsoo....is coming" i spoke cautiously and he just nodded.

"so, i guess....ill go back alone" he said 

'lets go together" i suggested

"no its ok, you go with him, ill be fine on my own" he said and started to walk away.

"luhan", i screamed to get his attention, "why haven't you asked me about the guy from earlier?"

he stared at me, "everybody's got something to hide or something they dont want to talk about or tell anyone...and i thought this was one of those things for you, just like how i dont like to talk or want to tell anyone about the problem with Kyungsoo and us, because no one truly cares or wants to try to understand what happened or how we felt at that time, they only want to know so they could feed their curiousity....you cant trust no one", he explained and i felt guilty of the things he said because earlier i wanted to ask because of my curiousity not because i wanted to really understand.

he turned back around to walk away and i didnt stop him.

i got a call from Kyungsoo a couple minutes later  saying he was here and i met him by the street.

"hey, are you alone?" he asked concerned.

"oh, ya the person left already" i answered getting into the car.

"how could they leave you by yourse-", Kyungsoo started but stopped halfway when he looked at the scarf i was wearing. he must've known it was luhans and that i was with him.

The rest of the car ride was quiet and it gave me time to think as i looked out the window and plugged my ears with headphones stating i didnt want to talk to anyone.

luhan wasnt a bad guy..there must've been some reason why he became like this, just what did this woman do to him? to them?!

i felt that me and luhan got to bond today and get to know eachother better without saying anything. i got to see a man who looked upset, knew when he was wrong, and apologized, and someone who found the world and the people in it, hard to trust....someone who had so much in common with me.

i looked at the world as a hard place where you cant trust no one, cause in the end they all leave you, either by their own will and feet or life takes them from you...people around you only sympathize or take pity on you when tragedy happens, but if you really think about it, luhan's right....no one truly cares or wants to try to understand what happened or how you feel at that moment, they only want to feed their minds and curiousity...luhan must've thought of me as a disgusting person for even thinking about asking him about the three of them and their problem, knowing that i just wanted to feed my curiousity. i always looked at others as disgusting for being sorry about my parents death... but in the end, im just like everyone else...a disgusting human being...

when we got to the house it was already late and some of the members had already gone to sleep. Kyungsoo said he was tired and said to good night to everyone before heading upstairs. i followed after him a couple minutes after and went to my room. i noticed luhan wasnt home yet so i decided i would stay up until i heard the front door open and knew he got home safe.

 

A couple hours passed and i decided i would go to the kitchen for a glass of water to distract myself from sleeping.

i headed towards the kitchen and poured myself a glass of water and gulped it down.

"what are you doing?" i heard a voice say and i dropped the glass causing it to shatter on the ground.

i went to pick up the pieces and cut my finger hissing at the pain and watching as blood started to pour out already. Kai grabbed my hand and put the bloody finger in his mouth. i quickly pulled my hand away and he grabbed it again pulling a bandage out of the nearby drawer and opening it.

"you should really be careful, your always so clumsy" he said as he finished wrapping my finger with the bandage.

i just stared at him and he stared back when he felt my gaze on him.

everything went by quickly and i felt like i was frozen again and he leaned in and kissed me. we just stayed like that and thats when i heard the front door open, which was in full view of where we were since the kitchen was the first thing you see when you walk in.

luhan finally came home.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Omg what do u think is going to happen??

will he react negatively? or did he even see them??

did not proofread so if there are mistakes im sorry :$

please subscribe and keep reading and tell me what you think so far :)