A Better Day Than Yesterday

In Between Two Moons

When i finally got to sleep, the sun had already begun to rise. it was difficult to fall asleep, but when i finally did, I had a dream about my parents...They were alive. i was in my room and i was...arguing with them about something, saying i didnt want to go...but where didnt i want to go?...i told them that i hated them and ran out the room...

I opened my eyes to the blinding sunlight and sat up in my bed...a tear ran down my face and i looked outside my window from my bed into the sky in a daze.

The dream played through my head again, and i finally grasped the memory of where the dream had taken its place... that argument had been the last thing that happened and the words "I hate you" ..were the last words i had said to them right before the accident.

i felt a sharp pain go through my chest and another tear fell. i sniffled and wiped the tears away and decided to get up, take a shower and keep moving forward with my life. I regretted what i said, but i couldnt change it even if i wanted to... it was too late...it was in the past and now so were my parents...

i wiped the steam on the bathroom mirror and stared at my reflection.

"Get it together Kim Jae Hee!", i said slapping my cheeks in the mirror, determined to forget about my parents for the time being and get through the day at least.

i stepped out of the bathroom into the bedroom i was in before and looked around the room.... Where was I? This isnt my room!

I scratched my head and walked around the large room confused, spinning around in circles and examining every object in the room, until i slipped on something and hit the floor.........................................

At that moment it hit me... well i actually i hit it and i remembered what had happened yesterday. A lady told me that i would be living here from now on, but what was the catch again??hhmmmm...Who cares! i thought shrugging my shoulders. i got up off the floor and smiled. This big room was gonna be mine from now on?!. I jumped for joy and screamed in my head, skipping around the room.

My room in my old house was way smaller than this and was very cramped but I beared with it all my life. Being in my new bedroom in my new house now was a little scary and different...it felt empty because of the amount of space and it kind of made me feel sad and miss my old room, but I knew I just needed a little bit of time to get used to it.

My stomach growled, interrupting my thoughts and i decided to go look for the kitchen in my new house.

Excited, i quickly ran out of my room and stopped at the top of the staircase, where a silver lined railing ran along a long hallway at the top of the stairs. Ho ho wow Daebak i said to myself getting even more excited and running down the stairs like a little kid, skipping and jumping the last step.

"Aha Daebak, this is my house?" i said into the silence of the house, "i wonder how much it costs every month to live here?"

i've never once lived or been near a house as big as this one. i lived in a small area before, where mostly poor people would live. I wouldnt say my family was poor because with what i remember, we lived pretty well without much debt.

I finally found the kitchen and ran towards it, opening the fridge immediately and examining its contents. It was completely full and filled with food from top to bottom. i grabbed some ingredients out of the fridge and started to cut up onions, carrots and crab in strips to prepare Kimbap for myself and threw them into the pan on the heated stove. i went back to the fridge and  I noticed some food in glass containers and pulled one out, turning it and examining it. i closed the fridge doors and a guy in his boxers and a T-shirt appeared from behind the fridge door. i gasped in fear and dropped the glass container on the floor causing it to break and make me jump again.

The guys eyes widened and he quickly moved to grab a broom and dustpan in a nearby closet. He pushed me out of the way and quickly cleaned up the broken glass and food on the floor.

i watched him as he cleaned up my mess and sadly remembered the full situation of yesterday. i had completely forgotten that the catch for me to be able to live here was to become the new babysitter or manager or whatever, for a group of 12 boys and live with them. i sighed and let my head fall remembering how the boys didnt like me yesterday and continued to watch the young man on the floor cleaning up.

"You should really be careful next time", he said when he was done,walking past me and putting the broom and dustpan back in the closet and came back to where i was standing.

"I'm sorry, ill be careful next time, but i'm ok, i didnt get cut or anything" i replied smiling.

"Not you silly, next time be careful with my containers, those were expensive, plus my mom gave me those, she would kill you if she found out!" he said

What the hell?! i thought furiously. He only cared about his stupid containers? and not even if i got hurt or anything?. what else could go wrong? i already have to live in a house with 12 boys and i know for sure this one doesnt like me now. i need to find a way to fix this. Make it up to this guy somehow...............................................what's that smell?

"what's that smell?", the guy said sniffing the air, almost like he was reading my thoughts. He moved past me to the stove and gasped.

i turned around and looked over at him and remembered i left the stove on...i gasped and brought both my hands to my mouth and froze.............well there goes my chances of making it up to him........

"I'm so sorry", i said as i ran to him, bowed and hit my head on the counter.

i rubbed my forehead and sank down to the floor. The guy stopped what he was doing and crouched down in front of me.

"Are you ok?! Omo, hold on your foreheads bleeding, let me get you a band-aid ", he said through heeps of laughter, running up the stairs again to the bathroom to get a band-aid.

i sat there for a while embarassed at all the problems i caused this morning in front of this guy. i wish he wouldnt come back down! I wish i wasnt here! i thought as i burried my head into my knees. At that moment a sharp pain went through my head and my vision started to blur. I felt a tap on my shoulder and lifted my head too quickly cause my vision blurred even more and i fell over.

The guy helped me up and i sat down on a chair at a table. My vision was clear now and  the guy used a cotton ball to clean up my forehead before gently placing a band-aid on top of the wound. it hurt when he pressed against it and i knew it would bruise and swell and would take a long time to heal, but luckily i could cover it up with my bangs. 

"That's gonna bruise, so later on boil an egg and rub it on the wound, it'll help the bruising and swelling go down " he said

i nodded in agreement and he knelt down in front of my chair again.

"Are you always this clumsy?" he asked, laughing again

"Sorry, and Thank you...umm..." i said, trying to figure out his name.

"Are you wondering what my name is?" he asked

i nodded again.

"well, what if i dont want to tell you?", he said

i stared at him confused and dissapointed and he got up and walked back in the kitchen.

"So, your really not gonna tell me your name?" i asked as i followed after him pouting.

He ignored me and opened the fridge, taking out a bunch of igredients and turning on the stove again.

"Wait, are you gonna cook? i can cook! you dont have to cook, i-", I started

"i think i would feel much safer if you didnt cook and i wouldnt like it if my kitchen didnt burn down either, also i would like to stay alive you know, we only just debuted" he interrupted me, teasing me.

The reason i burnt the food was his fault, if he had made his presence more known rather than standing behind the fridge door right before i closed it, none of this would have happened. I glared at him.

"  Dont stare at me like that, You were making so much noise this morning, plus i usually cook anyways, i like to cook and im in charge of it in this house also", he continued

..........................................................................................................................................................................................

"Ya Kyungsoo", i heard another male voice say and we both turned our heads in the direction of the voice.

it was the guy from yesterday........................Suho? The leader or something like that....

"Yaaa!!" The guy screamed at suho, scrunching up his face with anger.

"Oh, so your name is Kyungsoo huh?" i said, teasing him now, "Kyungsoo, Kyungsoo, Kyungsoo.."

"Can you stop saying my name!!" he yelled, and i laughed.

i guess he didnt like getting a taste of his own medicine cause he'd been teasing me all morning and now hes all grumpy pants cause im teasing him now.

"Ya, Kyungsoo, why are you yelling at me all i did was say your name." whined Suho and the guy glared at him.

He sighed, "yes my name is Kyungsoo..... but some people call me D.O.", He gave in and rolled his eyes, continuing to cook and he threw a carrot at Suho.

At that moment 9 other guys came down the stairs half just like yesterday and I turned to look away.

"Hyung, Sehun and Kai are fighting again" said one of the members tired and scratching his head.

"ugh, is it because of Luhan again?" asked Suho 

They all nodded and the leader ran up the stairs and everyone else followed and Kyungsoo told me to follow as well.

"Luhan is mine" is what i heard from outside in the hallway. Suho opened the door and inside were two guys grabbing eachother by their collars and yelling at eachother.

"Why are you guys fighting again?", Suho asked the two boys

"Because Kai is a and needs to stay away from my Luhan! He was mine first!" said one of the boys im guessing is Sehun.

i couldnt really see much cause the rest of the members were all blocking me and they were much taller than i was, so i just listened.

"How could you brand Luhan as yours, we are a group and we are one, therefore-" said Suho

"Your just jealous that he always wants to hang out with me now-" teased Kai 

"Ya, Kai! Shut up! Don't interrupt me again!" yelled Suho as he hit Kai with a nearby book.

Suddenly, someone yawned and everyone became quiet. i looked around confused and peeked through the arms of one of the members in front of me. i could see inside the room now and i noticed a figure on the bed. He sat up and stretched his arms.

"Why are you guys so loud? and why are all of you guys in my room? and why is Kai on the floor?" The guy on the bed asked.

"Luhan, do you like me or Kai better?", asked Sehun

"You guys are both stupid!", he replied getting up off the bed, "Hey Kyungsoo, what did you make for breakfast?

"BiBimBap", Kyungsoo answered and Luhan left the room. Sehun followed after him and Kai ran after Luhan down the stairs putting his arm around Luhan and sticking his tongue out at Sehun.

When they all sat down to eat at the table Suho decided to make things more awkward for me and introduce me now.

"Hey guys listen up! Yesterday you guys were very rude to this young lady, and Kai you werent even there!, Suho started and threw a carrot at Kai, "Anyways, this is our new manager, but she needs to be kept a secret alright. Introduce yourself Ms. Kim"

I stared at him with wide eyes and my heart started to race. 

"A-any- yeonghaseyo, My name i-is umm.. K-Kim Jae Hee...im your new manager...." i stuttered with nerves, and the atmosphere just turned even more awkward.....................................................................................................................................................

...................................*Long  Awkward Silence.*............................................................................

........................................................................................

"Alright...Now lets introduce ourselves to her now ok?" said Suho, almost demandingly and laughing awkwardly.

"Im Chanyeol, most people know me as Smiling Virus, I'm also the rapper in EXO K" said one of them Smiling and i smiled back and bowed slightly.

Suho stood up and walked over to one of the members putting his hands on the guys shoulders and said, " oh ya, this is the other leader I was talking about yesterday, Kris".

The guy stood up and introduced himself, "Hello, my name is Kris, and I'm the leader of EXO M", he bowed at me and sat back down as another member stood up to introduce themselves.

"I'm Sehun, Im the maknae of the group, 18 years old" said the one who was fighting upstairs and he smiled. He was actually really adorable and cute.

"Oh daebak, im older than you by one year! I'm 19!", i said smiling and bowing to him slightly

"What?!", everyone said at the same time, "Your 19?! wow"

"Ne, I'm turning 20 soon. what did you think i was?" i asked out of curiousity

Most of them said 15 and 17.

We continued on with the introductions and it came down to the last two, except they werent paying attention and were doing their own thing.  One of them was surfing the web and on Weibo and the other one was playing a game on his phone. These two guys were the ones involved in the fight upstairs....but  i had to admit though...they were really attractive.

Suho cleared his throat to get their attention and they both peeked from what they were doing and glared at us. They looked back at eachother and got up and started walking away from the table.

"Where are you guys going?" asked Suho grabbing them both by the arms.

"Practice" Both the guys said, shaking Suho's hands off them and left.

i just stared at the door they left from for about 5 minutes and chanyeol came up to me and put both of his index fingers at the corners of my mouth and stretched them upwards.

"Smile! Dont worry about those two, they are always in their own world. Their names are Luhan and Kai. They always have this bubble around them that doesnt let anybody in. Especially Luhan, the only people he ever let in were Sehun and Kai, other than that the rest of us cant get through his shell. Kai on the other hand just thinks he, himself is a Bad and has only let Luhan into his bubble, thats why they are so close. Also these two are very different in public then at home. you'll see and understand soon, dont worry" Said Chanyeol, reasuringly.

"Alright since we have a new addition to our household lets have a welcoming party for Jae Hee tomorrow!", Suggested Chanyeol and everyone agreed.

Maybe this wont be so bad after all....its just those two guys...to have a bubble around you and not let anybody in, there must be a reason for that, Right? i will not stand for being ignored and dissed by two immature brats trapped in bubbles. i will get inside somehow, even if i have to pop those bubbles.

***********************************************************************************************************************************************************

Alright Second Chapter was an ok chapter, i just needed to introduce everyones characters and personalities in this chapter in order to continue.

                                      He he :3  Kyungsoo is such a tease and Sehun and Kai fighting over Luhan!!  

                                            Both of my ships right there playing freakin battleship for Luhan!! X3

                                  *the picture is of the kitchen kyungsoo met Jae hee in... just so you can imagine it ;P