The Meeting

In Between Two Moons

"im sorry for your loss", is what everyone said as they came and left my parents funeral, but were they ever really sorry? what did they have to be sorry for? they didnt just witness their parents dying in a car accident. Why do people always say sorry when people lose something or someone important to them? i dont need their pity or sympathy, i just need to keep living and find a way to survive from now on...Ugh, but that easier said than done!

is what i thought as i walked home from my parents funeral sighing. i didnt cry...what for? Me crying wont bring them back? I've been staying at the Funeral home for 3 days now and i could see that the mail in my mailbox has been piling up because it was peeking out of the mailbox. 

i grabbed the mail and quickly skimmed through it.

"Sympathy letters, sympahy letters,...more letters, Ugh why dont people get it that i dont need their sympathy!" i said fustrated as i ripped the letters in half and threw them away. i looked through the rest of the letters in my hand and behind an Eviction Notice letter was a yellow sticky note in the corner. I hesitantly pulled the sticky note from behind the Eviction Notice and examined the contents, although there wasnt much written on it. Just an address was written. No contact information...nothing. i thought about throwing it out too, but i had nothing better to do and nowhere else to go since the gate to my house had a chain installed and locked onto it and there was yellow and red tape everywhere for the eviction, so i thought against it and decided what the heck, why not go and check it out? I wont get or killed...at least i hope not.

i grabbed the rest of the mail and stuffed it into the only bag i had since i couldnt get inside my house and pulled out my wallet to see if i had enough money left to take a cab, but there was no luck in that.

"Guess i'll have to walk" i said and started to go in search for the address written down...

.........…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

 A couple hours later i started to feel a little lost. There was nothing in this area, just trees and a road. When i asked around about where this address might be, no one knew anything about it. Now i knew why. I was basically in the middle of nowhere! The last house i'd seen was about 3 miles back from where i was!

"Aigoo, Where am i?!" i screamed out closing my eyes and stretching my arms upwards. i peeked through one eye keeping my arms up to stretch and caust sight of a house ahead. Both my eyes flew open and i blinked twice just in case my eyes were starting to play tricks on me. i smiled like an idiot and started to run towards the house ahead.

The house looked smaller from afar, but when i finally got to the house, my mouth just stood open for the longest 5 minutes with my head peeking out from a nearby bush, in awe of the house. i had to be safe so i kept my distance from the gates keeping me outside the huge house by hiding in a bush nearby.

The house was huge! who lived here, and why would they send me a note with this address. Well one thing was for sure to me now...and that was that i wasnt gonna get or killed. What a relief. phew!

i scanned the area around me to see if anybody was around and would catch me, but how stupid was i to think anybody would be? Of course there would be no one around, we are in the freakin middle of nowhere!

i cautiously stepped out of the bush and walked towards the gate looking for a doorbell or something, but then the gates suddenly started to open and i jumped back in fear.

"Oh No, Oh no no no", i said panicking, looking around fearfully and running from side to side for somewhere to hide. The bush i was hiding in before was too far from where i was now and before i could even run away, a woman appeared from inside the gates and bowed to me in greeting.

"Anyeonghaseyo, are you Ms. Kim Jae Hee?", she spoke with a soft voice, smiling and waiting for my response.

"uh, ye? " i responded hesitantly, still scared. "How do you know my name?"

"Please come with me, we have been expecting you", she said, moving her hand in a motion for me to follow her in.

"uh, y-you have?" i stuttered, hesitating to follow her.

She nodded in response and started walking back inside the gates towards the house, confident that i would follow her, so i ran to catch up to her but stayed a few paces back from her. i flinched and jumped as the gates started to close again behind me and thought, "what did i just get myself into?"

The house felt extremely far from the gates because it felt like we had been walking towards it for hours. she brought me to a garden at the side of the house and started talking.

"You probably are very confused about what is happening right now and have many questions. i will answer all the questions you may have and explain to you how things are going to be from now on" she explained as she walked towards a greenhouse and stepped inside initiating for me to follow her inside.

Inside the Greenhouse was beautiful. There were plants and flowers everywhere surrounding every corner of the place. In the center of the Greenhouse there was a beautiful water fountain of an angel with a vase in her arms and water coming out of it. On one side of the water fountain was a patio table with nice chairs where i could imagine myself having tea in the afternoon during spring while enjoying the view around me, and on the other side was a bench with vines wrapping the legs of the bench as if holding it down.

"Please sit", she said moving her hands again in a motion for me to sit down on the bench.

I sat down and snapped back to the reality that was already scary enough at the moment. Just what the hell was going on?

"Now we can talk and i can answer your questions. Do you have anything you would like to ask?" she asked.

"uh, ya! I have a lot of questions, like why am i here?" i asked the first question that popped up out of the many that were shuffling around in my brain.

"What do u mean? You walked here yourself." she said so calmly as if being a confident smart with a poker face.

"No!, i mean like why did i have this address written on a sticky note and put in my mailbox?" i asked.

"oh the note? The note was sent to you from your lawyer." she replied

"My lawyer? why would he send me this address?" i asked confused.

"Because your parents left this sticky note in their will, so that you would come and live here when they pass." she said and her face became sad when she said that last part. 

i didnt need her sympathy..."Woah hold on, I'm gonna live here?! why would they tell me to live here? and what about my stuff? i couldnt get inside my house earlier because it was locked for eviction. i cant just-"

"oh, we already transferred all your stuff here thats why your house was locked, the company already took care of it, and your parents had a close friendly connection with our company Director and President, thats why you will be living here because our President and Director agreed that they will become your guardians after your parents pass" she interrupted me.

i sat there in silence with my mouth hanging open trying to find words to say but i was at a loss of words.

"Of course it wont be free though" she said, smiling and tilting her head towards me.

My face dropped. 

"wh-what do you mean it wont be free?! I-i dont have a job and my parents never really gave me any allowance, and-"

"How bout we go inside now?" she said, standing up from beside me on the bench and walking away from me towards the exit of the Greenhouse.

i stood up too and looked around one last time. "aw, but i dont wanna leave? ...and she didnt answer my question" i said pouting and puffing out my cheeks, but i followed after her anyways and walked towards the house.

Once again i looked up at the huge house that i will now be living in and wondered how things would be from now on without my parents. i started to feel sad thinking about my parents now but shook any thoughts of them away.

We went inside the house and my mouth dropped once again. I swear i was gonna catch flies in my mouth if i stayed here any longer. My mom used to say that to me when i would leave my mouth open when i saw something i wanted or was in awe of... i shook that thought away. Theres no use in thinking about them right now, just look what they got me into!

"so you havent answered my question yet. what do you exactly mean by it wont be free?" i asked the woman hesitantly

"we aren't asking you to pay with money........ we are asking you to pay with your body" she replied smiling and i suddenly felt uncomfortable.

i wrapped both my arms around my body in protection and stared at her as if she was crazy, and at that moment footsteps were heard coming down the stairwell.

"Noona, why is there so much noise so early in the morning?" 

We both looked up in the direction of the stairwell and i met eyes with at least 10 boys half , bed headed and sleep still noticeable in their eyes at the top of the stairs and one half way down the steps scratching his head and rubbing the sleep out of his eyes.

"Oh Suho, come here, you guys up there too, i want you to meet your new Manager" she said pulling on the young mans arm and making him stand in front of me as the others crowded around him sleepily, "and Ms.Kim i would like you to meet EXO, you will be taking care of them from now on and also living with them".

"What?!" we both said at the same time quickly turning our faces to the Woman and back to eachother.

"Ne, you will be their new Manager, however your living here and being their manager must be kept a secret. This is the only way you will be able to stay in this house. You must be able to keep them on schedule and accompany them secretly, dress them in nice clothes and be responsible if anything happens " she explained

"so, what you meant by paying with my body...wa-was this? Being their babysitter?!" i said angrily

She laughed and nodded. 

"wait shes gonna live here?...With us?!" said one of the other guys surrounding the one in front of me known as Suho.

She nodded.

The guys looked at eachother with wide eyes and one of them looked like his eyes were gonna pop out of his head.

"well ill leave you guys to it, i have to go back to the company now, have fun!" she said smiling and laughing a little while turning on her heel and walking out the door leaving me with my mouth hanging open again.

i turned back around slowly to face the boys who were still standing and staring at me, looking me up and down and raising eyebrows at me.

i smiled at them. "sooo..."

They all just stared at me and whispered to each other.

"i should introduce myself, I'm Kim-" I started, clearing my throat.

They all turned to leave and started up the stairs again groaning and ignoring me.

i stared after them and felt furious that they had the balls to ignore me..

"hey, I'm Suho, I'm the Leader of EXO K." said the one who was standing in front of me earlier, bowing in greeting and stepping in front me again.

"Hi, I'm Kim Jae Hee, and i guess im gonna be your "Secret Manager" from now on" i replied bowing in greeting as well. "You guys are big group, there's 11 of you I think, how do you manage to lead all of them?

"Actually we were missing one. He's still sleeping, he's a heavy sleeper so that makes 12 of us in total, and im not the leader of all 12 of them, We are split into two groups of 6, one Chinese group called EXO M and my group which is Korean, EXO K. Kris Hyung is the leader of EXO M, but you'll get to meet him later on.", explained Suho 

"oh ok" i replied.

"Also i'm extremely sorry about the other members, they arent morning people if i may say. Things will get better, dont worry about it, just make yourself comfortable and get some rest." he said and started after the other members up the stairs into their rooms.

i stood their for a while and looked around the house awkwardly, not knowing what to do or where to go next. i started up the stairs and looked for the room i would be staying in. At the end of the hallway on the right i saw a room that was open and walked towards it. I looked inside and immediately knew it was my room because of a photograph of my parents that was sitting on one of the night tables. I grabbed the photograph of my parents and glared at it.

"This is all your fault" I spoke to the photograph, poking at it in fustration.

i placed the photograph back on the night table and got ready for bed.

I was never really able to fall asleep easily elsewhere when it wasn't my room or bed in my old house before , but this was gonna be my home from now on and I would need to get used to it...

This was gonna be a long night...

**************************************************************************************************************************************

Anyeong! This is my first FanFic. I am an Extreme EXOtic and would like to know your opinions and feedback on my FanFic and hope you enjoy reading this as much as i enjoyed writing it :) <33

*the picture is of the mansion they live in.