Taking A Chance

In Between Two Moons

"Noona, we're gonna go practice ok?", Sehun announced as he came down the stairs pulling a T-shirt on over his head as the rest of the 9 members followed.

The last one to come down was Xuimin.

"Oh, Jae Hee ah, your not coming?" he asked, stopping in front of me.

"oh, no its ok, go ahead, i dont want to disturb or distract you guys while you practice, really go ahead", i answered waving my hands in front of me 

He nodded in agreement and turned to leave but stopped again suddenly and turned back around to face me.

"Really, i think you should come, its a good chance for you to get to know us and observe us" he insisted again and i gave in.

i locked the door behind me, and we walked towards the cars waiting for us at the front, which were more like vans. There were two cars because of the two seperate groups and Xuimin motioned for me to go into the van with the korean members.i opened the side door to the van and all the members inside stared at me as if i just killed their driver cause they glared at me and then at their driver in confusion.

"what are you doing?" asked Kyungsoo

i just ignored him and hopped inside cause the driver was glaring at me and motioning for me to hurry up and get inside.

"Theres no room for you, get out!" yelled Kyungsoo as i plopped myself down in the seat beside him."oh, your not gonna get out?" and i nodded in agreement.

"how can there be no room when one of your members are missing, huh?" i questioned, teasing him a bit.

He rolled his eyes and the whole ride there i about the size of his eyes, asking how they could be so big and stuff, although i actually thought his eyes were really adorable.

When we got to the company, i followed the rest of the members inside and looked around . The inside of the building was way more nicer than the outside. There were pictures everywhere of different groups and artists inside and everywhere you went there were artists and actors walking around. it was like walking in a town of celebrities and idols, and i felt as if i didnt belong here and that i should've never come because i kind of felt out of place, especially with my clothes.

We finally reached the practice room and the boys stopped in the doorway making me bump into them. Curious as to why they stopped i pushed through some of them until i was in the front.

i glared at the members and followed their gaze. i stood there staring at two boys dancing so beautifully in sync until the music stopped.

The members walked passed me as my feet stayed grounded and my eyes locked on both the men.

"They're jerks, but why do they have to be so freakin beautiful when they dance?", i mumbled to myself, pouting as i walked inside and sat on the wall.

The boys started to stretch and i caught glimpses of pieces of their bodies as their shirts rose up on them or their pants fell a little. i laughed to myself quietly as i realized how many girls would die to be in my position.

My eyes flew over to Kai as he lifted his shirt to wipe the sweat on his face and my eyes widened and i knew that my face was probably tomatoe red. His skin was so dark and his body was just... snap out of it Jae Hee, someone might notice...

At that thought i heard Sehun yell, "Ya, Kai can you put your shirt down! Your gonna make Jae Hee get a nosebleed soon!"

The rest of the members laughed and Kai looked over at me and smirked. That was enough to kill me inside...

They finished their practice and i left and came back to get them water. i distributed the water amoung the group and hesitated to walk over to the corner where Kai and Luhan were resting to give them water. 

i took a deep breath and mumbled Hwaiting under my breath and started walking over to them.

"Here you guys...water?" i said nervously...what the hell did i just ask? just give it to them Jae hee!

"Here!" i said again and the water bottle flew out of my hands hitting Luhan in the face.

"Ow, what the-" Luhan said placing his hand where the water bottle hit him.

"Omo, are you ok Luhan, does it hurt?" Kai asked concerned, moving Luhans hand away and examining his face so closely as if they were going to kiss... Just what is this scene? 

My face reddened again and i couldnt bear the scene anymore and out of impulse, i knelt down and pushed Kai away and examined Luhans face myself.

It was Luhans turn to turn red as my face went close to his and his eyes widened and locked on mine as i examined his face. there was a little red mark on the left side of his chin and i moved to touch it but he pushed me away and stood up.

"Who the hell do you think you are?" Luhan said and left

i just watched him leave and looked over at Kai who was still on the ground from me pushing him away. He looked up and glared at me and mumbled something to himself, i felt a chill go through me as he got up as well and walked past me.

a tear rolled down my cheek and i wiped it away. i could read his lips and i knew what he said...They didnt like me...

i turned to follow after Kai and the rest of the members just watched. I grabbed onto Kai's shoulder and turned him around to push him up against the wall. He glared at me...

"I dont know what the is your problem or what the hell i did to you for you to hate me like this. You think i chose to be here? No i didnt! If i had a choice... if i had a place to go back to....If my parents didnt Die!!... i wouldnt still be here putting up with your bull!! " i screamed at him and he grabbed onto my wrists and flipped me over until i was up against the wall now.

"Let go!!" i yelled, as he held my wrists hostage.

He didnt say anything, he just stared at me, but it wasnt the same look he always stared at me with. It was the same look everyone else gave me at my parents funeral as they said sorry. It was a look of sympathy...

Another tear fell...i didnt want to cry, i didnt want his sympathy, i didnt want to be here anymore...

i shook my hands free and ran out of the practice room and out of the building.

When i got outside, i saw Luhan sitting on a cement block and made eye contact with him.

That eye contact shot a shock of rage through me and my anger boiled hotter. At that, my mind went blank and out of anger i walked over to him.

i grabbed him by his collar and lifted him up until his head was at the same height as mine. i let go and without thinking, i slapped him.

"i said sorry didnt i? What more do you want me to say?Are you even a man?Cant you just be a man and let it go when a girl says sorry? it was by accident and-...ugh why do i need to explain myself to you?... Fine, you guys hate me? Well you know what, i hate you too... all i wanted was to get to know you guys and maybe, just maybe be friends since we will be living together from now on and will have to bump into eachother every now and then, but you know what? i dont need that, not from you guys " i yelled and walked away from him.

i didnt look back and just ran... i ran for a while and suddenly realization hit me and i didnt know where i was... i was lost and didnt even pay attention to where i came from...Where was this place anyways? Oh god... wait!

i remembered i still had my phone and opened it to call one of the members, but then realization hit me again and i realized i didnt even get any of their numbers...

Ah how can this day get any worse?!

 

LUHANS POV

I stood there dumbfoundedly for a minute and stared after her as she ran away.

Wait, did she just slap me? First she throws a water bottle at me, and now she slaps me?! and she even had the audacity to question my manliness?! i wont let this go, especially because she dared to question my manliness!

From the corner of my eye i saw Kai coming towards me.

He didnt look happy.

i looked over at him, still holding my cheek that still stung from when Jae Hee slapped me and waited until he came up beside me.

"Omo!, Luhan what happened? your cheek is red!", Kai said as he poked my cheek. I flinched at his touch and pushed his hand away.

"Ouch, dont touch it!" 

"Did Jae Hee get to you too?" asked Kai

"Ya she-...wait what do you mean "too"? did she slap you too? but how come your cheeks arent red and-" i questioned while examining Kai's cheeks.

"Ha ha ha, she slapped you?" Kai interrupted, laughing

"YA! , I-", i started to say but was interupted as the rest of the members strolled out of the building.

"Kai! Luhan!", we both heard Kyungsoo scream and we turned to face them as they all walked towards us.

"Have you guys seen Jae Hee?" Kyungsoo asked

we both looked at eachother and back at Kyungsoo... We didnt really care so we both turned to walk away but he grabbed us both by the shoulder to turn us back around to face him.

"Answer the damn question you , you've been out here for a while, so you must have seen her!" Kyungsoo said as he grabbed me by my collar just like Jae Hee did earlier angrily.

We both glared at eachother as he held onto my collar.

"Ya, Kyungsoo, let go" Suho demanded calmly as he pulled kyungsoo away from me."Where's Jae Hee Luhan?"

"Hmph, it sure looks like she gave him a nice beating before she ran off again" Kyungsoo teased angrily

i suddenly felt embarrassed and remembered that my cheek was still red. This was so not cool...

"uh-um sh-she ran that way and dissapeared around the corner over there" i stuttered out of embarassment, pointing in the direction she ran off in. "other than that i dont know where she went"

Kyungsoo ran in that direction and Xuimin, Chanyeol and Tao followed. The rest of them stayed where they were and waited as Suho called for rides back to the house.

When Suho got off the phone he stared at us and then spoke.

"You guys better apologize to Jae Hee Tomorrow, you hear me? Tomorrows her welcoming party and i dont want her to feel unwelcomed at all, got it?" Suho demanded as the leader.

Apologize?! apologize for what? shes the one who threw a water bottle at me and slapped me. *sigh* this is so unfair...

we hesitated but knodded in agreement anyways. i looked over at Kris, who was my leader and i knew he could care less and would agree and go with whatever Suho had said.

"You guys better hope they can find her. Shes not familiar with this area, and she doesnt have any of our cellphone numbers" Suho said.

i looked up in the direction she ran off in, It was starting to get dark outside now.

i thought about what she had said to me earlier... Why did she think we hated her? we dont even know eachother enough for hate to play a role in any of this.We dont have any knowledge of her to hate anything about her. she was misunderstanding us...this is why i dont like getting involved with people, especially women...Kai feels the same...people misunderstand everything...you do one thing and they'll assume another!...Especially women...Just like that woman...

At that thought, anger shot through me and i was determined to clear up this misunderstanding.

i ran off in the same direction as the others to find Jae Hee.

"Luhan!"i heard the others yell after me but i ignored them.

i had to clear up this misunderstanding or else the memories of that woman will haunt me until i did...

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

          * "That Woman" is someone from Luhans past that made him and Kai the way they are now...*hint hint*

                 a more better explanation of her will come in future chapters, so continue reading to find out... :P