Chapter 9

Kiss and Tell

 

 

“Hey, I’m going on my lunch break. Tiffany is out also so please take her messages, I’ll be back soon” Sunny informed the receptionist as she made her way out.

 

“Yes Ms. Lee”

 

“Thanks.” Sunny walked out into the street and was hit by a gust of wind. I guess the weather hasn’t died down yet.

 

She made her way over to a café nearby where she often visited. She a regular there and had become friends with all the employees and the owner herself. Sunny walked in and sat at her usual booth. Although it was her lunch break, planning the company director’s schedule was a lot of work and so she busted out her laptop and got back to work.

 

A few minutes later a waiter came and offered Sunny her usual, which she kindly accepted. She got busy typing as she waited for her meal. Soon after the same waiter came back with Sunny’s order. She looked up for the first time since getting to the café only to find her food on the table and none other than Taeyeon sitting across from her.

 

Sunny looked at her for a bit before continuing to eat her lunch as though she wasn’t even there.

 

“Sunny…”

 

Sunny looked up frustrated. Every time she saw Taeyeon her heart hurt more and more. “I don’t want to talk to you!”

 

Sunny’s voice was low and harsh but Taeyeon wasn’t fazed. She had come here for a purpose and she wasn’t going to leave until she was done.

 

“Fine. Don’t talk, just listen to me for a second.”

 

“Why?” Sunny’s voice cracked and her eyes began to water. “Haven’t you done enough?”

 

“Sunny, listen to me please.”

 

“…”

 

“I know you think I only used you for .” Taeyeon began her long winded apology. “I know that it seems that way and I understand. You have every right to be angry. But I need you to understand my side of the story. I just want you to know why I acted the way I did.”

 

“I know why… You needed to get over Tiffany. Trusts me, I got that loud and clear.”

 

“No! Just listen to me!” Taeyeon grabbed Sunny’s hands tightly. “It’s not about Tiffany! It’s you! I got scared Sunny! I started having feelings for you and I didn’t want to go through another heartbreak.”

 

“Why would I ever break your heart Taeyeon? After all the time I spent putting it back together…”

 

Taeyeon had tears in her eyes but her pride would not let her cry in public. She it up and continued because she wasn’t leaving without Sunny in her arms. “Sunny have you ever thought of how great of a person you are?”

 

“…”

 

“I knew that as soon as you noticed that you can do so much better you’d just leave me…”

 

Sunny felt her resolve crumble faster and faster. She just couldn’t see her beloved so sad and broken once again. “I love you.”

 

Taeyeon’s head snapped up at Sunny’s words. “What?”

 

“There is no way I would have broken your heart because I love you… so very much…”

 

“Sunny… I love you too…” Taeyeon looked into Sunny’s eyes and the sincerity in her voice assured Sunny she meant it. “Please give me another chance…”

 

Sunny looked up at her and her lips curved up into a small smile, “I guess we can work something out…”

 

 

 

 

Yoona felt like her feet were about to fall off.  After leaving work, Yuri and her went to the mall where they shopped store by store. Although Yoona did quite enjoy Yuri’s company, shopping wasn’t her thing and she felt like she was going die from fatigue.

 

“Yuri! Yuri!!” Yoona called out to the girl who was still dragging her around.

 

“Yeah?” Yuri abruptly stopped causing Yoona to crash straight into her. Yuri caught Yoona before she could fall and held her up. “What is it?”

 

“I…uh…umm…” Yoona looked like a deer caught in headlights. She saw Yuri chuckle.

 

“You look so cute when you’re all flustered Yoona!” Yuri had a smirk on her face when she noticed her words only make Yoona blush even more.

 

“I just wanted to know, what the hell are we doing!?” Yoona stood up and held her head high, not liking being the target of Yuri’s teasing.

 

“We’re shopping!” Yuri knew what Yoona was asking but she couldn’t reveal her secret motives just yet.

 

“No! I mean how is this supposed to help me loosen up!?”

 

Yuri sighed and looked at the time. The work day had finished and it was time to teach Yoona a lesson. However she had putting it off because she was genuinely having fun hanging out with her.

 

“Fine… I guess I should just tell you now…”

 

Yoona looked at Yuri curiously as they drove back to the office building. Once there Yuri parked in front and turned to face Yoona.

 

“See…” Yuri motioned to the building and looked at Yoona.

 

“See what? You made spend the whole day with you just to show me my building!?” Yoona yelled at her. She was infuriated because she didn’t understand Yuri’s methods.  

 

“Woah woah woah there. Calm down.” Yuri grabbed Yoona’s hands and continued. “Look at the building Yoona. Look at your baby. It’s fine.”

 

Yuri took out her tablet which kept records of all the progress done at a day by day basis. “See this. The building didn’t burn. The employees didn’t slack off. You weren’t needed there as a warden because they know how to do their jobs Yoona.”

 

Yoona looked at Yuri and realized what she was telling her. It was true. All of the day’s work was done and they didn’t need her constant supervision to do their jobs. “I see…”

 

Yuri smiled at her. “So now you know. You don’t have to overwork yourself. The reason you have employees is to take away some of the stress. You don’t have to take everything upon yourself.”

 

“I don’t…” Yoona looked at Yuri, giving her a meaningful look. “So what should I do now with my new found freedom from the company Yuri?”

 

Yuri looked at her and grinned, “Anything you want to do Yoona”

 

“Anything?” Yoona whispered.

 

“Anything!”

 

And so Yoona grabbed the back of Yuri’s neck and crushed their lips together. The kiss was hot and intoxicating.

 

As much as neither of them wanted it so, the sparks that flew could not be avoided now.