Chapter 10

Kiss and Tell

 

 

Jessica stared at her best friend with hanging wide open. Next to her was an equally surprised Tiffany. Both girls looked like they had just witnessed something unthinkable.

 

“Well? Don’t just stare at me! Help!” Yuri placed her head in her hands and shut her eyes.

 

“W-we just can’t believe Yoona has feelings…”

 

“And for you…” Tiffany furrowed her eyebrows, trying to help her cousin figure this out.

 

Yuri peeked up and pouted. “I never said she had feelings for me…”

 

“Ha! Like it’s any mystery she does!” Jessica got up and sat beside Yuri. “I’m not sure if you get this sweetie but I’ve never seen her even smile at a puppy, let alone a person.”

 

Tiffany got up as well and sat on Yuri’s other side. “She barely even smiles at Taeyeon, and they’ve been best friends for years.”

 

“And that’s the thing Yuri. She didn’t only smile at you, she KISSED you…”

 

Yuri let out a groan and placed her head back in her hands. “So what do I do!?”

 

Tiffany and Jessica exchanged looks, secretly fighting over who would have to break it to Yuri that she too liked Yoona back. After an intense silent argument, Jessica won and gave Tiffany the floor.

 

“Well Yuri, it’s quite simple really… How do you feel about Yoona?” Yuri looked at Tiffany questioningly to which Tiffany rolled her eyes. “Dude, you’re stressing over Yoona having feelings for you but your real problem should be whether you feel some too or not.”

 

“Do i?”

 

“You’re asking us?” Jessica spoke up. “Listen, you want my openion?”

 

Yuri nodded slowly, a little terrified at what her brutally honest best friend might say.

 

“I think you like her. Obviously the idea of her liking you doesn’t disgust you. Also telling from how far you say the kiss went then you totally enjoyed it.”

 

Tiffany nodded and continued, “Yuri, I know Yoona and I aren’t exactly pals or anything but I think it’s the first time she’s really liked someone, maybe ever, and whatever you decide to do… please be kind and gentle.”

 

“I agree with Tiffany… whatever you want to do is up to you hun, but be kind okay…” Jessica got up and Tiffany closely followed. “We’ve gotta go Yul. See you tomorrow okay.”

 

The girls said their goodbyes and went their separate ways. Yuri went straight home, not knowing what to do with the loads of feelings soaring through her at the moment.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Yoona woke up almost as exhausted as she was before going to bed. In her 5 years of being a CEO this was the first time she had ever dreaded to go to work. However Yoona wasn’t the type of person to let something like this stand in the way of her success so she was determined to go to work with her head held high.

 

“Oh no… I’m so screwed…” Yoona’s resolve started to diminish as she thought logically through the situation. If Yuri wanted to she could sue Yoona for ual harassment. What’s worse is that she had established a policy against dating coworkers.

 

“I’m breaking the law! Oh my god… I’m going to jail!” Yoona sat in her car in front of the office hyperventilating.

 

What made things worst was that Yoona regretted nothing. She didn’t feel the least bit of remorse for kissing Yuri. What she dreaded though, was Yuri’s reaction.

 

After giving herself an intense pep talk, Yoona gathered the courage she needed to walk into her building. She walked through the lobby as she always did, with her head held high, however today she actually greeted back her workers with more than just a nod which surprised everyone there.

 

When she got to the elebator she had a smile on her face. Seeing her employees’ faces as she greeted them back gave her a satisfaction she had never felt before. Maybe it was true that she should loosen the reigns of her company. She could have been stuck with lazy good-for-nothings but instead she had workers that really did do their work well regardless of their boss being as cold as she was.

 

Yoona felt so enlightened, and there was only one person to thank for that. She made up her mind to really thank Yuri… if she hadn’t already quit by now.

 

Yoona walked towards her office with a smile on her face, greeting all the employees she passed. They all just had their jaws dangling at the sight of the resident Cruella actually smile, let alone greet them so nicely.

 

Yoona entered her office and noticed her coffee on the desk. She smiled at the fact that maybe Yuri hadn’t quit after all. However she instantly was nervous now that this meant she had to confront the girl.

 

She took a deep breath and knocked on Yuri’s door knowing that she had to do this, sooner rather than later.

 

“Come in”

 

Yoona walked in and shut the door behind her. She didn’t want anyone to walk in on their conversation so she locked the door as well.

 

“O-oh… Good morning Yoona.” Yuri sat up straight on her chair and watched as Yoona took the seat across from her.

 

“Yuri… we need to talk…” There was an awkward silence before Yoona decided to continue. “I know what I did yesterday was wrong. It was out of line to kiss you like that and I’m sorry. Even so I don’t wish to take it back…”

 

“…”

 

“I-I guess I should thank you. I’ve been a for far too long and I know I have to clean up my act.” Yoona was looking down at her hands and twiddling her thumbs, she was too ashamed to even look in Yuri’s direction.

 

“…”

 

Yoona took a deep breath and stood up abruptly, still looking down. “I guess I’ll go now… again I’m sorry for inconveniencing you.”

 

Yoona quickly exited the office and went into her own. However her door was swung open just seconds after she closed it. Yuri walked in and locked the door behind her just as Yoona had done earlier.

 

“Where do you think you’re going Yoona?”

 

“Huh?”

 

Yuri stood right in front of her, looking at her intently. “Don’t you want to hear what I have to say?”

 

“O-oh… honestly I’m a little frightened of what you’re going to say…”

 

“And why would that be Im Yoona?”

 

“I don’t like to be rejected.”

 

Yuri chuckled and moved closer and leaned her face into Yoona’s leaving about two inches of space between them. “Good… You know, you’ve seen me half and kissed me already. Do you know what that means princess?”

 

“W-what?”

 

Yuri leaned in a bit more and whispered, “You owe me a second date! Dinner perhaps…”

 

Yoona looked at her confused, “Second?”

 

“Well considering how yesterday ended, I’d say it’s the first!” Yuri smiled at her and retreated her face.

 

“Hey, I would hardly consider that a d-“ Yoona stopped abruptly as the reality of Yuri’s words dawned on her. “Y-you like me?”

 

Yuri laughed and looked at Yoona’s adorable face. She had gone from a demanding boss to a love-struck teenage girl in a matter of seconds. “Well, yes Yoona that is precisely what I’m insinuating here.”

 

“Really?”

 

“Well don’t look so surprised there darling, give yourself a little more credit. If you ask me, you’re a pretty awesome girl Yoona.”

 

“You think I’m an awesome girl?”

 

“Unless you aren’t a girl then I don’t think this will work out.” Yoona hit Yuri, who erupted into laughter.

 

Yoona looked at Yuri for a long while. The silence between them wasn’t awkward anymore but rather comforting. Without warning Yoona swung her arms around Yuri’s neck and kissed her with all her might.

 

After a work-inappropriate make out session there was a knock on the door. Both girls separated and fixed their clothing. Before opening the door Yuri winked at Yoona.

 

“Hey Yoon- oh Yuri…” Jessica glanced up at her best friend and smirked. “Am I interrupting something?”

 

“No we were just-“

 

“It’s okay hun, I’ll come back later.” Jessica leaned in and whispered to Yuri, “Yoon’s lipstick looks great on you; it’s totally your shade.”

 

Leaving Yuri all flustered, Jessica left the two girls while laughing as she made her way back to her office.

 

“Ugh that girl…” A smile appeared on Yuri’s face when she turned back to look at Yoona. Yoona returned the smile gladly. “We should get back to work. I wouldn’t want to be late for that dinner today.”

 

“I have a dinner scheduled?”

 

Yuri leaned in and kissed Yoona lightly on the lips. “Now you do, I’ll pick you up at 8.”