Chapter 3

Kiss and Tell

 

 

Yuri walked into the building ready to work. Last night she had told herself that she would be the perfect employee and prove everyone wrong about her. Seeing Tiffany yesterday had fueled her fire even more knowing she had to make her proud. She started off her day with waking up early and eating a big and fulfilling breakfast.

 

When she got to the office she went straight to the cafeteria and picked up Yoona’s coffee. She wasn’t looking forward to working with Yoona but she also kind of liked her job. It was something she was finally good at and not to mention she got to work with her best friend.

 

Yuri had noticed Jessica acting weird the day before when they were leaving the office. Jessica seemed troubled but would tell Yuri why. Yuri didn’t push her to spill her guts because she too had always kept things from Jessica she doesn’t wish to talk about; her family and Tiffany being some of those things.

 

Yuri had mixed feelings about her family. She noticed that she only loved them when they were far from her and her life. As strange as that sounded anyone who met the Kwons would agree. Yuri had to actually work hard to love them even though they didn’t give her much reason to do so.

 

As she walked into her office, Yuri carefully put down the coffee she was holding. She wanted everything to be perfect today and prove to Yoona that she deserved her respect. Yuri put all her stuff down and picked up Yoona’s coffee. She was walking out of her office when she was ran over by a late worker.

 

“!” Yuri exclaimed. She called out after the man that had committed the hit and run, “Watch it jerk!”

 

Yuri looked down and saw that her blouse was not covered in Yoona’s coffee. “Oh ! Yoona’s coffee!”

 

She ran back into her office and almost cried in joy at her intelligence. Yuri had ordered the same thing as Yoona just in case anything were to go wrong. You’re so smart Yul!

 

Yuri placed Yoona’s coffee on her desk and ran back into her office when she saw Yoona walking up the hall. In her office Yuri shut the door and got a glimpse of her reflection in a mirror on a wall. The coffee on her shirt made her look like an absolute mess. She had a change of clothes in her small closet so she decided to change before facing Yoona.

 

As Yuri got down to the last few buttons her door swung open to reveal Yoona frowning. That all changed when Yoona got a glimpse of Yuri in all her glory. Yuri on the other hand was so surprised that she was paralyzed. Maybe because her boss had walked in on her half or maybe because this said boss was blatantly checking her out.

 

“What are you doing!?” Yoona exclaimed after snapping out of the trance she was in.

 

“What am I doing?! What do you think you’re doing?!” Yuri yelled back with equally as much force. Yuri had her hands at her hips allowing Yoona to get a full view of her.

 

“Excuse me! I am your boss! I have a right to- Oh for the love of god COVER YOURSELF!”

 

“Just because you’re my boss does not mean you’re exempt from the knocking rule! And why should I cover myself! I was in the privacy of my own office before you barged in” Yuri’s angry face turned smug and she continued. “Plus… you clearly seem to enjoy the view.”

 

Yoona could feel her face heating up which never happened. She scoffed angrily. No one ever dared to this way.

 

“You! Get dressed and meet me at my office! I have tons of work for you to do! I hope you like overtime!” Yoona about faced and marched straight out of Yuri’s office stiffly. No one ever affected her the way her new assistant did. As much as she hated it, her feelings were different towards her than any other of her employees.     

 

 

 

 

 

Jessica sighed as she got through the work at her office. It was about 2:30 now and she had to leave to get to the Romantic Street Headquarters. She put on her jacket slowly, every second passed with her regretting to have taken on this assignment and accusing herself of being the worst friend in the world.

 

She got to the building quickly, barely catching any red lights. It was her damned luck that traffic would be so smooth on a day she wished to be late. She walked in and was pointed to a room down a long and steep hallway. Once there she noticed Sunny sitting at a desk on the phone.

 

As soon as she spotted Jessica she asked the person on the phone to hold and placed her hand on the receiver. “She’s waiting for you, go right ahead.”

 

Jessica smiled at Sunny and walked into the room she had pointed to. Before opening the door she took a deep breathe. Once she opened the door she cursed under her breathe. Her heart was beating fast again just at the site of Tiffany.

 

Tiffany was sitting on a rolling chair in front of a big board filled with pictures and sketches of the clothes for the new line.

 

“H-hello…”

 

Tiffany turned around on her chair abruptly and smiled widely. “Hey Jessica!”

 

Tiffany pointed to another computer chair and Jessica took a seat after putting her stuff down. Ignoring her racing heart Jessica got straight to business. Little did she know her completely focused attitude saddened Tiffany a bit since she wanted to get to know Jessica and figured this was the best opportunity.

 

Once lunch time came around Sunny knocked on the door and informed the two that she was heading out. Tiffany, knowing her assistant had a date even if she had not said anything, gave Sunny the rest of the day off. Sunny in turn offered to order the girls their lunch before she headed out.

 

Once she was gone and the food had arrived Jessica and Tiffany ate in silence.

 

“So… Jessica how are things over at your company?” Tiffany asked hoping to start a conversation.

 

“They’re good…”

 

“It must be fun working with your best friend. Yuri talks about you all the time.”

 

“… I wish I could say the same.” Jessica felt uncomfortable with the topic. She knew that Yuri didn’t share much and she was okay with that, but she just couldn’t understand why anyone would keep a beautiful woman like Tiffany a secret.

 

“Yeah I get it.” Tiffany said with a sad smile. “Family is a sore topic for her.”

 

“Yeah I noticed i-“ Jessica paused and thought over what Tiffany had just said. “Family?”

 

“Yeah” Tiffany shrugged.

 

“O-oh.” Things between Tiffany and Yuri must be very serious if she considered her family. Jessica felt a little sting in her chest.

 

While Jessica was lost in thought Tiffany had moved closer to her; much closer.

 

Jessica snapped out of her thoughts and looked at how close she and Tiffany now were. “What are you-“

 

Before she could finish Tiffany’s lips were already on hers. The kiss was electrifying and Jessica felt sparks every time their lips moved against each other.

 

Jessica broke the kiss first as an image of Yuri popped into her head. She looked at Tiffany while trying to catch her breathe. Their eyes met and there was not an ounce of regret in Tiffany’s eyes. The same however, could not be said for Jessica’s.

 

“I’ve been wanting to do that all day.”