Chapter Two - Ice Cream Memories

Am I Engaged ?

 

I got up in the morning and went to the guest room. "Minhyuk!" I shouted "Minhyuk !Minhyuk! Wake up!". He opened his eyes slowly and stared at me. "What are you staring at?" I said. The fact that he was staring at me with his bright brown eyes made me blush. Yookwon! I scolded myself. Stop blushing every time he looks at you!. I sighed and went into the kitchen, he followed. "What are you doing?" I turned to him and asked. "Going to eat breakfast. Before your mother went to work she told me you would make us a breakfast."
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
"Here, the pancakes are ready," I told him as I put my school bag on my back. I walked toward the door. "What, you're not going to eat with me .. together?" He asked. "Yeah .. no. Thank you. I'm not hungry." I said and went to school.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
"Look, it's the arrogant Kim Yookwon!" Said the children in my class when I entered the classroom. I put my school bag on my chair in class and ignored. One of them walked towards me, his name is Yongguk. "So you think you can you ignore me as much as you want?" He asked me with a sly tone. I did not respond. "Yah!" He said and pushed me, "Answer me!". I sighed "Yongguk - ssi, how many times I told you that my answer is no. I can not date with you or with anyone else." He looked angry and came closer "I do not accept that Kim Yookwon" he said. "Yongguk -ssi, please. Stop" I said as he pushed me against the wall. "Yah! Yongguk!" I heard the voice of Sunhwa. She pinched Yongguk's ear . "Ahh!  Leave me!" he said painfully. "Do not bully my best friend," she said. Yongguk sighed and walked away, "Kim Yookwon, next time there will be no one to save you" he said. "Sunhwa!" I hugged her, "Good morning." "Good morning, Kwonnie," she said and giggled. "Now Kwonnie, I have a question for you." She said. "Okay, go ahead and ask," I said. "Who was the guy who talked to me on your cell phone last night? I thought that you and I are best friends, you need to tell me everything" she said, disappointed. "Hey, hey! Sunhwa!" I said and hugged her. "It's a strange guy that came to my house yesterday, he claims he knows me, but I do not know him". "Now, explain the whole thing to me slowly, I do not understand" she said and sat down on her chair. "Listen, yesterday a very handsome guy came to my house , he claims that he and I know each other but the problem is that I do not remember him" I said. "Sunhwa, can you keep a secret?" I asked. "Of course Kwonnie-ah" she smiled. I moved closer to her ear and whispered "My parents and his arranged that he and I are engaged to each other. I mean.. in two months we get engaged." "What?!" She shouted. "Ukwonnie, how .. how can it be that you don't know that?" She asked, confused. "Well .. my mom said to the stranger that after the incident I got a trauma and started to forget things" I explained. "Poor guy" Sunhwa said "You forgot him". "Hey! That was not my fault ! You know that since Jiho .." A tear rolled down my cheek. "Oh, Kwonnie please stop crying, you know .. Jiho would not want to see you cry. He wants to see you happy" she said. "I already told you, I do not want to forget him.Jiho is the only person that I love and I will never like anyone else. I will not show my smile to anyone else and now this stranger came and..and... I'm afraid that.." . "Kwon-ah, you know I just want you to be happy, right ?" She asked, my hair. "Y-yes" I answered "But I'm afraid .. afraid to get hurt again. Afraid of losing the person I love so much again" I wiped my tears, "I do not want to fall in love again and be happy again I'm afraid of losing another person I care about". "Oh, sweet Kwonnie" she said. "How about .. test the guy and give him a chance?" She added. "I do not think tha -".
"Answer me, is he tried to force you to love him as Yongguk?" She asked.
"N-no, he really was different from everyone else," I said.
"So if he is different - maybe give him a chance .. Let's check it.. You'll see how he feels about you, what do you say?" She asked.
"I do not know. Sure I do not want to get engaged with him. I. .. first of all like to see how the relationship develops between us" I said "I'm not sure he likes me back or that he has feelings for me but.. I know he does not want to cancel the engagement ".
"So it's a sign that he feels something, silly Kwonnie!" She said and giggled.
"It's a.. You think so?" I asked. "Yes," she nodded.
"What about Kwanghee?" I asked.
"Oh, Oppa glad you're coming with me to the concert of ZE:A," she said, "He knows we're good friends."
I giggled. "So it will be a double date" Sunhawa said.
"What do you mean?" I asked.
"You and your fiance, and I with Kwanghee oppa."
"Oh, I never thought about it."
"Then..At the ZE:A's concert you can test your fiance" she said.
"What do you think?" She asked.
"I do not know."
"Then I will test him and see if he likes you," she giggled viciously.
"Huh?" I asked worriedly.
"You heard me,if you are not going to test him I'm going to do it for you" she said.
I sighed, "do whatever you want."
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 
"I do not want to go home," I sighed and opened the door to my house. "Oh! Yookwon!" My mother smiled, "Do you know .. where is Minhyuk?" . "Huh?" I asked "He is not here with you?". "No, sweetie," she said. "He probably went to wander around Mom, do not worry about this stranger .." I said contemptuously. "Kim Yookwon!" My mother shouted, "You know him so many years and yet you dare to talk like that?" She was angry. "Mom, please. I Told you I do not know him," I replied uneasily. His face .. Really look a little familiar and my heart aches when I see it, but why? And why I do not remember him? . "Mom, I and him..our relationship .. What, what was our relationship in the past?" I asked. "Is .. is'nt he told you yet? Well..I guess it has to come from him and not from me. Maybe he still has not told you because he is probably waiting for the right time to tell you," she replied. "And .. You..You won't tell me .. right?" I asked. "Yes. I think it's appropriate for him to tell you," she replied, "I'm going to look for him, you should look for him too," she said and left the house. I went to the dining table, my Mom arranged the table for the three of us for lunch. "Nice of her," I said and walked towards the living room. I felt a little pain in the heart when she said she did not know where is Minhyuk. And if he's lost? Maybe it's because of me? Did I say harsh things to him so much that he wanted to leave? I do not want this to happen because of me, I did not mean to hurt him. Thoughts began to emerge in my mind. "Oh, come to your senses Kim Yookwon!" I screamed "He is just a stranger, why would you care?".
 
' mind could forget but of the heart still remembers'.
 
It is so dark outside and Minhyuk not came back. I decided to go and look for him.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
I wandered down the street. It was cold outside, I wished I was wearing a jacket over my shirt when I went out.  I saw a little old shop. "I remember this place!" I shouted excitedly. Many years ago when I was younger my mother always took me here, it was an old ice cream shop .. I wonder if it is still open or shut.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
I opened the door of the store, it creaked. Everything was old and dusty. I saw the old shelves, old ice cream machine, like the good old days. Suddenly, I heard a noise. As if another person was in the room with me, I was scared. Immediately, I took the first thing I saw - pack of ice cream and walked toward the light switch, hoping it would work.
I the light and jumped on the figure, we fell to the floor. "Ahh! - Get off me!" I heard a familiar voice. "Minhyuk!! You pabo!" I cried and hugged him, why did I hug him? What happens to me? . "You do not understand how much my mom and I were worried about you ! Pabo! Lee Minhyuk pabo! Pabo! Pabo!" I started to cry.
"Yookwon?" .
"What?" .
"Why are you crying? Everything is fine," he said in a calm voice.
"Oh .. sorry .." I quickly got up from the floor and broke out of the store, still crying. I felt embarrassed.
"Yah! Wait!" He shouted and came after me.
I continued to run but he was faster. He grabbed me and pulled me into a hug. "Yah, why do you run away?" He asked.
"I - I do not know," I said, and I turned  "I suddenly began to cry, I do not know why"
 
'Heart will never forget'
 
"What are you doing here?" He asked.
"At the ice cream shop? Just .. I felt the need to go there, I always used to visit here with my mother when I was young. She always bought me an ice cream here."
"I know, you're not the only one who visited here when he was young." He said.
"How do you know ..?" I asked, wiping my tears.
"I already told you, I know you," he sighed.
"S-sorry .." I scratched my head uneasily, "I do not remember ..".
"Forget it," he said and pushed me, "I'm going home."
"What, no! Do not go! Remain a bit with us, let me at least remember you!" I shouted in unexplained panic.
He laughed, "Kitty - Kwon when I said I was going home I mean to your house."
"Oh. Huh? What?" I felt even more embarrassed, I think my face became red. I hope he does not saw it.
He went on and I looked at him. "Hey, Are not you coming?" He asked.
"Oh, um .. sure! Wait for me!" I ran to him. We walked together.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
I started to shiver. He took off his jacket and put it on me. "You need it more than me Kitty - Kwon" he said. "Oh .. Minhyuk - ssi .." I looked at the floor blushing hard "T-thank you."
"If you want to thank me then stop calling me Minhyuk and call me Hyung" he said. "Sorry!" I said "Sorry Hyung." He chuckled and ruffled my hair.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
"M - Mother" I opened the door hesitantly. "I found Minhyu-". "Minhyuk!" She said, "How lucky you are alive ," she smiled and looked at me angrily, "You!" She said, pointing at me, "Do not ever make him leave again". "But Mom -" I said "No buts!" She said. "It's okay, Mrs. Kim, I just did a short trip  because this is my first time here after so many years since I went with my parents to England," he said and smiled to my mother. Huh? Is he from England?! . "Yes .. Minhyuk - Oh, you remember when we were neighbors?" She asked. We were neighbors?!Huh?! . "Uh .. yes .. Mrs. Kim" he smiled, "I remember." She smiled "Good times.".  "Mrs. Kim," he said, "I would like you to tell me about the case of Yookwon, the one that caused him to forget me." Huh? No! No! This is so embarrassing! She will not tell, right? I mean .. No!! . "Yeah," she smiled at him. Hello?! Can't you see I'm standing here next to you and listen! .
"The case of Yookoon was ...".

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A\N: Okay . I hope that U guys like it. 

Well.. Next chap is the story of Yookwon and Jiho ...

Next chap U will understand the whole thing with Jiho and Yookwon

AND next chap U will meet some of the BlockB members....

FINALLY ! Cuz I really wanted to add them to my story cuz BlockB members are precious hehe~

I hope you enjoyed the chap ~