Chapter Three - My Private Story

Am I Engaged ?

 

A year ago ...
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
"Kwonnie!" Said Sunhwa "I'm sure that Jiho have feelings for you."
"You're imagining things," I sighed.
"Did you see the way he looks at you?" She asked
"Sunhwa - ssi, we're just good friends, that's all," I said, hoping I was wrong.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
"See you tomorrow Sunhwa" I waved her goodbye and walked toward my house "You are going to date! You will see I was right!" She shouted from afar. "Yeah .. Sure .." I muttered to her. Today I arranged to go with Jiho to  that new movie in the cinema. We're friends, it's not a date.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
"Oh, ," I said angrily, "I'm late for the meeting with Jiho! It's not a date .." I arranged fast as I could, I looked really good .. but it's not a date! I took a small bag and stuffed into it all what I was need
and left my house running.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
It was pretty quickly. I ran about six minutes. Well, the movie has not started yet. "Yah!" I heard a shout from behind. Jiho lean against the wall and looked at me. "What took you so long?" . "Oh .. Oh .." I started to stutter, Jiho burst out laughing. "J - Jiho What's wrong with you?" I asked, confused. "Kim Yookwon, you're so cute, you think I could be angry with you?" He laughed and put his hand on my shoulder,  warm and pleasant, and led me to the entrance of the cinema.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
"It was the best movie I ever watched!" I smiled and giggled nonstop. "I'm glad you enjoyed it," he smiled at me, a sad smile. "Jiho .. What's wrong?" I asked anxiously, he seemed a little depressing. "It does not matter .." He sighed, "See you tomorrow Yookwo -". "Wait!" I held his hand. "don't blame me for what happens now," he said. He pushed me against the wall and kissed me, I think I saw stars. He let go of me "Yookwon, I will count till five. If you do not feel anything for me then go but If you have feelings  towards me then stay." He turned around and began to count "One .. two .. three .. Fou -". "Idiot!" I cried and hugged him. "You idiot, Woo Jiho". "Why didn't you go when you had the chance?" He asked. "Idiot .. you're not the only one who has feelings ...". He smiled at me "Why were you silent all the time?Why you didn't tell me that you have feelings too?" He asked. "Because .. I was afraid that you don't accept me and .. and .." . "And I'm the idiot?" He started laughing and suddenly pulled me to another long kiss.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
The next day, we went to school together - hand in hand. I was a little shy. We smiled at each other, and Jiho and I couldn't stop looking at each other.
"I told you," Sunhwa whispered in my ear .
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
"Come here!" I called to Jiho "Hurry" I giggled.
* Click *
"Now I'll put it as the background of my cell phone," I said and looked at the picture that I just took.
Me and Jiho holding hands, smiling and looking at each other.
"Good picture Yookwon - ah," he smiled  "You are blushing in the picture" he laughed. "No I'm not!" I said and giggled. He hugged me, he is so warm.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
It was evening. My mother and I were at home and made pancakes. I went upstairs to my room. I opened the window and watched the stars. Suddenly I heard a familiar voice, guitar playing and singing.
"I'll tell you so romantically
Everything will work if you are like me.
Just lean on me closing your eyes.
I see you in my dreams everynight "
"J-Jiho!" I cried. This is the first time that someone sang me a serenade under the window.
I rushed out, runing towards Jiho and then I hugged him, "Jiho, you're the best." ."I know," he laughed. "So arrogant" I giggled and we shared another sweet kiss together.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
2:00Am 
"H - Hello?" I answered my cell phone, it rang.
"Yookwon" I heard Jiho's voice.
"Yes?" I asked.
"I hope I did not wake you."
"It's okay," I chuckled, "What did you want Jiho - ah"
"Just to check if you are fine. .." He said.
"You're lovely, Jiho - ah" I said.
"I love you, Jiho - ah".
"I love you too, Kim Yookwon."
"Good night"
"Good night."
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Jiho wasn't  in the class today. I called him.
"Hello?" I heard a concerned voice from the other side.
"Mrs. Woo?" I asked.
"Oh, sweet Yookwon " she said.
"Where is Jiho?" I asked.
"He .. he .." She sighed, "was involved in .. a car accident this morning."
"Yookwon, I was just about to call you, you're one of the most important people to him."
"What, where are you?" I asked in a panic.
"At the local hospital, I am with Jiho at room 326."
"I'm comming!" I said and hung up the phone.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
I entered room 326 in the hospital.
"Mrs. Woo!" I ran and hugged Jiho's mother .
She hugged me back.
"Yookwon, I'm glad you came," she said, tears streaming down her face.
"I'll let you two talk," she said and left the room.
I walked toward the bed of Jiho. "Jiho-ah" I held his hand.
He looked at me "Yookwon, I'm sorry," he said. "You do not need to be sorry, you're not guilty" I said.
"I'm glad you came, I do not think I'll survive much longer," he said, and coughed.
"Jiho .." Tears fell from my eyes, he wiped them away with his hand. "Do not cry my Kwonnie" he smiled. How can he smile in such a situation? . "The doctors said it is only a matter of time, I would not survive .." He said, and coughed again. "Do not talk Jiho" I said "doctors can be wrong, too."
"I do not think they were wrong," he smiled. "Rest Jiho-ah" I told him and he closed his eyes and fell asleep.
I sat there for days over days.
Jiho's situation only get worse.
One day, he said "Yookwon, you're the best thing that ever happened to me." "Stop joking Jiho-ah this isn't  funny,". "Do not forget me. Promise me" he said "I promise" . "I love you Kim Yookwon." "I love you too Woo Jiho" I replied. "I'm glad I met you," he said and closed his eyes. Suddenly all the machines around Jiho started beeping. His mother and I  were in a panic as the doctors tried to do a CPR to Jiho. The machines around Jiho's body stopped beeping. "We're sorry" a doctor said, "He was too weak .." . "No, no!" I started to yell, "It's not real"
 Tears fell from my eyes nonstop. Jiho is not dead! Jiho is not dead! . My head was spinning, I fell on the floor. I fainted.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
"Kwonnie" I heard the voice of my mother. I opened my eyes, I woke up in my house. "Kwonnie" She tried to call me again. I could not talk back. I quickly got up from the bed, Jiho .. Where is Jiho? . He is not dead, Jiho not dead. "Kwonnie .. What's wrong?" She asked
"Where is Jiho?," I asked.
She went silent. "He is not dead he's not dead! Tell me he's not dead!" I started screaming and hitting the wall crying. "Yookwon ! You will destroy yourself!" She cried and hugged me.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
 "He should return to himself soon " the doctor told my mother. "He has a trauma, it will pass. He'll return to himself." My mother shoked "Doctor, he didn't talk for a month ..after the incident happened..." "He'll return to himself," he repeated, "but he may forget some things." "What?" My mother was frightened "My Yookwon .. will start to forget things?" She asked anxiously. "Yes" he said "I'm sorry, it's inevitable."
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Two months have passed since the incident.
I stood near the grave of Jiho with a bouquet of flowers. I closed my eyes, I thought I heard him call my name "Yookwon .." . "Jiho .." I said. "Thank you for coming to visit me," I heard his voice and felt a warm breeze caressing my neck. "Jiho.."
I opened my eyes and put the flowers on the grave. "Rest in peace Woo Jiho, I promise I will not forget you." Again the warm wind gently caressed my neck. "Goodbye Jiho" I smiled at the grave, wiping the tears.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
I was returning from the cemetery and saw four people. Lee Taeil, Park Kyung, Jihoon and Jaehyo and all of them - friends of Jiho. They saw me and looked at each other in silence. "Y- You're Kim Yookwon, right?" Taeil asked. "Yes," I nodded. "Jiho told us a lot about you .." He smiled at me and I smiled back at him sadly. "If you need anything just tell us," said Kyung. I nodded and bowed. "Every friend of Jiho is our friend," said Jihoon. "Be strong," said Jaehyo, "Jiho told us how you much loved  each other .." He smiled at me "You are always welcome to join us," he added. I nodded and bowed to them again before I left.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
I always saw them at food breaks or between the classes at school but I did not speak to them. I did not dare.
They were not bad, they were really nice. But .. I was ashamed ..
From that day we did not talk again.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Minhyuk opened his mouth , shoked. "And that's what happened," my mother said.
He looked at me and I rolled my eyes "good night" I said, and I went to my room. I locked the door and started to cry
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A\N: I'm sorry T^T
If it was fail and sad I really really sorry
Well .. we will see in the next chap what will happen with Minhyuk and Kwonnie hehe
I had some plans ... XD
Hope U enjoyed and I'm sorry again T_T