A place to crash

Black Coffee

 

Ying Jie was sitting in the living room, having a fight with her father.

“Wu Ying Jie, who are you even?! In… In less than two weeks you change from an obedient, studious girl to a reckless rebel!” Harold yelled, looking at Ying Jie with angry eyes.

“Have you ever thought that maybe I wasn’t ready to change? Maybe I still need to have friends to feel like an interesting person! Aaron is the first guy in a year who had the guts to date me, and I actually really like him, dad! I’ll keep on seeing him no matter what you say.” Ying Jie looked at her father with a look in her eyes that he hadn’t seen in almost a year; a challenging look.
“I won’t allow it.”
“What are you gonna do, put bars in front of my window?! You know what, I wouldn’t even care about it anymore; no decent father would purposely try to make me unhappy. Did it ever cross your mind that I girl like me can’t be without a social life?! So what if I have to follow every little rule that you give me, I mean, rules are made to be broken”
“Do you even realize what you’re saying?! Look, I need to ask you something. You’ve been throwing up, eating lots of chocolates and acting strange. Ying Jie, have your condition returned, or are you pregnant?” Harold’s facial expression suddenly softened.

“Oh, of course I’m pregnant dad, ‘cause all I’ve done in this year has been to sleep around and get drunk, right? I was actually just waiting for the right moment to tell you, and by the way, Aaron isn’t the father, I’m only dating him to make him think so, and take the fake responsibility, as I cheat people as usual” Ying Jie said with a sarcastic glare in her eyes. “Of course I’m not pregnant dad, what the hell do you take me for?! And no, my condition hasn’t returned either; if it had, I would be much skinnier. I’m just so… Sick and tired of all your nagging.”
“Then maybe you should live under someone else’s roof.”
“Maybe I should. Now if you’ll excuse me, I’ll go pack my things. It shouldn’t take more than an hour. Oh, and dad? If you ever regret this, then remember that you’re the one who made this decision.” Ying Jie finally said, walked towards her room and slammed her door. Then she started packing all of her clothes into a suitcase. Before she closed it, she found two pictures on her desk. On of her, her father and her mother from when she was younger, and one of her and her old friends. She put them on the top of the pile of clothes, took her three black notebooks with coffee-spots and packed them down too. Then she found one pair of doc martens, one pair of Manolo Blahnik stilettos and one pair of normal converse black sneakers. She closed her suitcase, grabbed her schoolbag with all of her school books in it, and left.

 

Aaron was sitting in his room, in the middle of an activity that anyone ever catched him doing; thinking. He really liked Ying Jie, but he felt like he didn’t know her at all, while he sort of liked Hebe, and knew her very well.

“Young Yan?! Miss Hebe’s here!” Aaron’s butler, old Wong yelled. Aaron sighed deeply; he had called her, because he wanted to talk things through with her. Though they had broken up, it didn’t mean that they couldn’t speak, not to mention visit each other.

“Send her up!” Aaron responded. A few short seconds after, Hebe was standing in his door-opening being all dressed up. Her hair was curled; she was wearing a flowered Gucci-dress with a yellow headband and yellow stilettos.

“Okay, don’t think that I look like this because of you; I was on a date this night, which is why I missed your father’s dinner party too.  You asked me to come?” Hebe asked, looking at him with a curious gaze in her eyes. “Does Wu Ying Jie know that you’re here?”
“No she doesn’t, and she never has to. I need to talk to you, Hebe Tian. You’re the only friend I have left… I mean, Calvin and Jiro are such s, and would probably make fun of me, while Show and I don’t really speak, and Chun’s always confused, and…”
“You don’t have to make up an excuse to talk to me. You know, I have something to tell before you tell me whatever it is. I’m done with the mean circle… By the mean circle I pretty much mean you guys, Jolin, Genie and Angela… Well, I can’t ditch Ella and Sel; we’ve been friends since kindergarten, but I think I might’ve realized what’s really important. Besides, the girls and I once made a pact that whoever dates you will be queen, which kind of narrows my successor down to… Wu Ying Jie” Hebe smirked, and wrinkled her nose.

“Well, I’m sad that you’re done with us; here I thought that we could be friends. If I were you, I would fight for the position that belonged to me, instead of giving up. Besides; Ying Jie would never accept the position of queen. She hates all that dramatic stuff. You know, if you guys gave each other a chance, you could actually become really good friends. She was queen in her old school, but then she broke up with this gay-guy and a lot of crazy rumors started about her, so her own friends dethroned her.”

“And you seriously think that your little girlfriend would give me a chance?” Hebe asked in an ironic tone; Wu Ying Jie, accepting her as a friend? Yeah right.
“You know, she’s actually nice if you get to know her.”
“Great, then you can bring her to my father’s brunch tomorrow. I mean, everyone is coming, and her family is invited too. You father would never forgive you if you didn’t make it” Hebe smiled happily, and grabbed a beer from Aaron’s desk.

“Tomorrow can’t do; I have plans with Ying Jie…”
“Then bring me?”
“Like I said; Tomorrow won’t do. I’m going with her to support her at this memorial-thingy at her old school; one of her… Friends… committed suicide some time ago, and they’re having a memorial for her, so, yeah…”
“Well, then remember to tell her that I’m so sorry for her, and give her my condolences. What was the name of her friend again?” Hebe asked.

“Rainie… Yang.”
 

Ying Jie finally made it to the place were she wanted to go. She was still wearing the complete outfit from the party, so she had sore feet, and as it was raining, she was very wet. She knocked on the huge door, and it was opened by an old, nice-looking man.

“May I ask who you are, and what your purpose here is?” the old man asked.

“My name is Wu Ying Jie, I’m Aaron’s girlfriend, and I was actually looking for a place to crash in a few nights, until I find my own… My father kicked me out, and I really need to…”
“Another one of young master Yan’s girlfriends?” the man sighed. “I thought that he had gone past that period of time…”
“What are you talking about? Okay, whatever you think I am, or me and Mr. Yan have done, you’re wrong, okay? He’s… He’s serious about me; he even introduced me to his family earlier this evening.” Ying Jie sighed.
“It’s just weird that you come to crash at his place the same night that he invites Miss Hebe over… Oh well, I’ll go up asking him if he wants to see you. You can wait in that chair… Miss Wu… Any questions?”
“Well, actually I do have one; am I allowed to smoke in here?”

 

“Young Yan? There’s a girl named Wu Ying Jie sitting in the hallway claiming that she’s your girlfriend. Dogs, security or is it actually true?” Old Wong asked Aaron in the middle of his conversation with Hebe.
“Ying Jie? She actually is my girlfriend, as crazy as it sounds. Did she mention why she was here?” Aaron looked worried all of a sudden which bothered Hebe.

“Aaron can’t it wait?  We were in the middle of a conversation, and…”
“WHY is she here? Is she in trouble? Hebe, if you can’t tolerate that my girlfriend is here to see me then you might as well leave.” Aaron said, not thinking straight.

“No, I’m okay with her being here, really… It gives us the opportunity to bond, I guess…”
“She said something about her father kicking her out and her wanting to “crash” here.”
“Oh my god…”

 

“Oh, Aaron, thank you so much for letting me crash here…” Ying Jie said to Aaron at breakfast the next morning. She was wearing a black sweater, black skinny jeans, black doctor Martens and a black fitted blazer. After breakfast they were heading to the train station, and Aaron was in all black too. “Hebe didn’t seem too thrilled with me, though.”
“Hebe’s never thrilled to see anyone; it’s a part of her rep. Anyways, let’s not talk about Hebe. Today’s an emotional day for you, and…”
“No, let’s talk about Hebe. Let’s talk about why you invited her over yesterday, after your father’s dinner party, and let’s talk about how she knew Rainie’s name. In relationships people talk about things, and… Okay, I know that we’re very newly committed, but… I care, I just care…”

“I invited Hebe over yesterday to talk things through. Hebe and I are friends now, and both of us had a lot on our minds, so talking to each other isn’t that weird…”
“So you told a socialite who hates me that I practically killed someone? Aaron, seriously…”
I didn’t tell her, okay? I told her that we were going to your old friend, Rainie Yang’s memorial today, not Rainie Yang, the girl you mocked at school – sorry, but I had to say it…” Aaron sighed.

“No, it’s okay; you sort of had to… Let’s not talk about this anymore, and just get going instead.”

 

***
Heey guys and gals (mostly gals, I guess…)
How are ya doing?
I’m starting school at Monday!
I’m so excited; I’m gonna me in ninth grade!
*Whines*

Thanks for all the nice comments (:
Please, please, please comment <3

-Gril4Life