Pilot

Black Coffee
A young girl dressed in black from top to toe was sitting at a breakfast table, writing a poem about how superficial most people were, while drinking coffee. Though her father and her stepmother had told her to eat something several times, she couldn’t eat food in the morning; coffee was simply the only thing that worked. Therefore she ignored their request as usual.
“Ying Jie, could you please not write at the breakfast table? The only reason that the three of us eats breakfast together is so we have family time… And isolating oneself with coffee and a black notebook isn’t exactly what I consider as family time” the girl’s stepmother, Jennifer said. The girl; Ying Jie shrugged. By the three of us, her stepmother meant herself, Ying Jie and her extremely annoying eleven-year old stepbrother, whom loved to bully Ying Jie, as he didn’t understand her lifestyle.
“Fine…” Ying Jie just said, and put away the little notebook. Then she found a cigarette in her pocket; camel without filter, and set fire to it. If she was not going to write, then she was going to chain smoke inside the house, which Jennifer hated, but her father was okay with. The house was in her father’s name, which meant that she was allowed to smoke whenever she wanted to.
“So… Did the two of you remember to do your homework for today?” Jennifer tried. Ever since she had arrived to the house, she had been trying to steal the affection Ying Jie had towards her mother, who had tragically died a few years ago. Cause: lung cancer. Already back then Ying Jie was smoking, and she seemed to be too addicted to it to stop.
“Yes Jen, I have done my analyze on Shakespeare’s Hamlet and the review on The Sorrows of Young Werther… Oh, and rehearsed for my math test, and written my introduction to my biggest idol in French…” Ying Jie rolled he eyes; she always did all her homework. She was the smartest girl in her entire school, which of course wasn’t hard to be with such brain-dead girls, but she was still, proud of it. The only detention she had ever gotten was because she had been smoking on school property.
“What about you, Zack?” Jennifer asked the eleven-year old boy, who was busy drinking the milk from his coco pops with a spoon. Ying Jie felt totally misplaced.
“What?” the little boy named Zack asked, looking at his mother like she was stupid. Of course he hadn’t heard her question; he never listened if he could get away with it.
“Have you done your homework for today?” she asked again. Zack just shrugged, and returned to his coco pops. Ying Jie got a sudden urge to write a poem about her completely terrible family, and brought her little black notebook to the only spot of the family garden with shadow; she didn’t want to destroy her desired pale skin color, just because her family . Not even if it gave her material to new, depressed poems.

“Mr. Yan, there’s a girl on the phone!” a young boy’s butler yelled. The young boy’s named was Aaron Yan, and he was a dreamy, charming and in all ways perfect playboy, who almost every girl in town wanted to get near. If you looked ‘hot’ up in a dictionary, it wouldn’t surprise anyone if there was a picture of him in it.
“Tell her I’m with my girlfriend, and I don’t want anything to do with her in the future… Oh, and please also tell her that I’ve already sent the items that she forgot, plus the laundry bill for the pillow she wiped all of her makeup over!” Aaron answered. The truth was that he was all alone, but it was also true that he did have a girlfriend; Hebe Tian. He wasn’t really sure whether or not he loved Hebe, but people kept on telling him about how lovely a couple they were, so he was with her anyways.
“Come on, I can’t tell her that; Mr. Aaron, she’s just an innocent little girl… Besides, she sounds like she really, really likes you!” The butler yelled back at Aaron. Aaron’s butler, Old Wong, always had sympathy with the girl Aaron played around with, which highly annoyed Aaron.
“Old Wong, if you don’t do what I say, you’re fired. You know I don’t want to fire you, but a sort of have to if you keep on playing these games; I have a reputation to maintain, and I can’t have a butler walking around, telling me what to do” Aaron sighed. “Listen; just tell her what I told you to say, okay? You can pretend that you didn’t know about her existence or something; I don’t mind looking bad in front of middle class s…”
“Fine, I’ll do it, but I really don’t like this!” Old Wong said, and returned to the phone. “I’m sorry Miss, but Mr. Yan’s girlfriend through two years is here… He told me that he already sent you your stuff, and a laundry bill for a pillow… I didn’t know about him taking you home either, I swear” Aaron heard old Wong say. He would never get tired of playing around with girl hearts; it was basically his life, which somehow said a lot about him. He had never had a grown up role model when it comes to relationships; his parents had been divorced since he was little, and his father had brought home a new girlfriend once a week ever since. He had also restricted Aaron from seeing his mother because of the terrible and highly traumatic divorce, which had left scars on Aaron’s soul. He had never even had a real grown up role model, so how would he know how to behave? And besides, he had almost been brought up by his butler, Old Wong, which was a weird way of being raised, as he could threaten to fire old Yan whenever he didn’t get things his way.
“She called you a ruthless ert, and told you never to call her ever again.” Old Wong sighed in a ‘whatever-you-wish’ way. Sometimes young Mr. Aaron could be very tiresome.

Ying Jie was walking down the halls at her school. She against her own will, wearing the extremely tacky school uniform that was obligated for every single student. It basically consisted of a black cotton skirt a little longer than the middle of her thigh with gray suspenders, a black blouse, and a gray cross tie. She was wearing black tights and doctor Martens boots with it. The school she went to was pretty exclusive, and the students started there in first grade, and stopped in eleventh. When they started in seventh grade they got a new uniform delivered for the rest of their time there. When they got it delivered, the skirt reached their knees, but as they grew throughout the years, it would get shorter and shorter. Of course most of the girls at her school shortened it on purpose, while Ying Jie just wished that it would’ve stayed at her knees.
“Hey, can I have your number?!” one of the guys at her school yelled after her in a sarcastic tone, while his friends laughed like crazy. She thought that his name was Calvin Chen, but she wasn’t sure. While most people would consider him handsome, she though he looked like a big, ugly frog. She just ignored him.
“Just ignore me, annoying emo” he rolled his eyes, and touched his arm, while telling his friends how he was sure that she was a Satanist, and a cutter. She rolled her eyes back at him.
“I was already doing that, thank you very much… Don’t you have a party to attend or a trashy girl to hang out with” she looked at the friends that surrounded him. The people that she hated the most in the whole school was some of them; Hebe Tian, Ella Chen, Selina Ren and Aaron Yan. “Oh, I see that you’re already doing the last thing. Too bad, I thought a girl had to be pretty to hang out with a player” she smirked. She knew that she had a nicer face, and a prettier smile than all of those girls. She just didn’t like to show it a lot. “Oh well, salut [goodbye/hello]” she said, and walked away. She then walked into the classroom, where she was tutored in English literature. She looked her bag through, and found her review on the sorrows of young Werther. They had gotten their chose on what book they wanted to review, and she had chosen one of her favorites. What she didn’t know, was that she, just like the young Werther, was going to have an obsession with a person in a committed relationship. How ironic life is, when you think about it. Such romances never end well, do they?

Aaron was standing with his friends, having a bad feeling in his stomach. He hated when they mocked that pale girls whose name he could never remember. Ling Jie? Ling Yi?
“My god, she just turns more and more annoying, and like, does she ever eat? She almost gets skinnier by second” Aaron’s y, but extremely pretty girlfriend Hebe rolled her eyes, obviously disapproving how the girl that they had just mocked looked. She then pulled her kind of short, kind of long hair, with short bangs behind her ears. Most people would look like a joke with her hair, but amazingly enough, she just looked even more beautiful.
“I’ve heard that she throws up after eating, and only smokes to stay extremely skinny, because she wants to look tormented or something… In my eyes she’s just a joke” one of Hebe’s best friend’s, Selina Ren said, while rolling her eyes too. Selina almost always copied everything Hebe did, and followed Hebe around like a puppy dog. Aaron thought it was rather laughable, but every time he teased Hebe with it, she became a total , which kind of annoyed him too. He wasn’t even sure why they were together anymore; Hebe had changed so much during the past two years.
“I’ve heard that she’s so skinny, because she’s on drugs, and refuses to go to rehab… She’s so pathetic” Ella Chen, the last part of trinity of Hebe, Selina and Ella added. Ella wasn’t as much as a copy queen as Selina, but she still followed Hebe around everywhere. What bothered Aaron the most was the fact that Hebe considered these girls as her friends, when they were actually only minions. Who was she to call someone pathetic?
“I’ve heard that she’s already in rehab, but that she keeps it secret, so it won’t affect her family reputation… I mean, just look at her; she’s so pale, that everyone can see that she’s on drugs” Hebe rolled her eyes. “Maybe she sells them too; that would explain how she can afford Versace handbags, when her father’s company is in crisis because of the thing with her disgusting stepmother… you know, those pictures that ‘somehow’ ended up in the newspapers.” Hebe smirked evilly; she was the one stealing those pictures, and selling them to the newspapers.
“Well, it would explain her terrible dark circles, and her caffeine addiction” Selina rolled her eyes. “Not that I’m against doing crazy things to get designer items, but dealing drugs? That’s a bit too extreme… It would be too extreme even for a Valentino” she added. Selina had once dated a guy working for Valentino, in hopes to be moved upwards on the waitlist for beautiful designer items, but it obviously didn’t work.
“Well, in my opinion it’s better than to sell your own body and soul for designer items” Calvin said, looking at Selina with despise in his eyes; the two of them were ex lovers, and had recently went through a harsh breakup. Calvin wasn’t as innocent as he seemed, though; Selina had dumped him because he had cheated on her several times, and had told everyone. She had known about the cheating part, but she hated people that kissed and told, and had to dump him to maintain her reputation.

Ying Jie was sitting in her English literature classroom as the first student as usually, while she was drinking her black starbucks coffee and writing poetry in her little black notebook.
“Fight between angel and devils
Short skirts, fake smiles
Black nails, teary eyes
Hidden wings, urge to fly
I could really use a damn cigarette” she wrote. It was true, that was exactly how she felt. Obviously, the angel was a poetic synonym for herself, while the devils were the others. The ‘short skirts, fake smiles’ part were also about the clique, while the ‘black nails, teary eyes – hidden wings, urge to fly’ was about herself. The last part was impulsive, but she kind of liked it. It broke the cliché-ish line in the poem, and made her sound more interesting.
“Wu Ying Jie, Ying Jie! I’ve missed you so much! How are you?!” her kindergarten friend, Alien asked her. She couldn’t help but giggle a little; though she found Alien’s cheerfulness annoying, it was also cute in some way. “What are you writing? Can I read?”
“No, you can’t; you wouldn’t understand my poetry anyways. Now would you please leave me alone, Young Master Huang? I have something to finish before class.” She may have seemed cold at that moment, but the truth was that she didn’t want the rest of the school to see Alien with her. She knew that he was going to start at her school, but with some luck he could find friends that weren’t her, and someone whose friendship wouldn’t make him the of other people’s teasing.
“Why are you so formal, Ying Jie?” Alien asked her, staring at her in vain. “We’re friends, remember?”
“No Alien, we were friends, we’re not anymore. I don’t need friends at a place like this; I’m not the type of person who has friends. I enjoy loneliness more than the company of other people.” I looked at him with cold, harsh eyes. “But I’m sure that you can hang out with Hebe Tian and Aaron Yan and Show Luo… Ask around; you’ll find them”

***
Heey guys (:
I know that I said I wouldn’t put up any chapters before going home, but I just couldn’t keep you guys waiting…
So… What do you think? Do you like it? Do you love it?
And thank you so so so so so much for all the sweet comments that you left me!
Please, please, please comment again (:

Xoxo
Gril4Life