Lithium

Black Coffee

 

Recap:

“Hello beautiful.” She heard a cold voice say behind her. She froze, and stopped all movement, while her breath turned much heavier. What would happen now?

***

 

The voice was cold, but very, very familiar. In fact, it belonged to the person that the young girl wanted to see the most at that time. Well, second most, that was. She turned around, stood up, and looked right into a pair of worried eyes that she recognized very well. They did not match his tone of voice, however. They were worried.

“Dad” she said, as she felt huge teardrops shape themselves in her eyes, threatening to fall down her cheeks any minute. “Dad…” she repeated, as she ran to hug him.

“Ying Jie… Do you know how worried we have been?” her father asked, as he embraced her. “Come home with me now, please… My god, I’m so lucky that I actually managed to find you…”

“Dad, I’m so sorry…” Ying Jie sniffled. “I’m so, so, so, so, so sorry…”
“No, I am…” her father sighed. “I read the letter that you left for Jennifer and I. I’m sorry for failing to show you how precious you are… Jennifer left, though. She realized that she still had some unsolved problems in her life… Ying Jie, we can go home… You can go back to your old school; we can leave this place…”
“I… I would like that very much… But dad, you know that I cannot go back to there. They hate me there… Still I would love to get as far away from Aaron as possible” Ying Jie looked her father into his eyes. "You were right about Aaron. We should not be together, really… He freaked out because I could not tell him that I loved him” Ying Jie sighed, looking at her father.

“I am so sorry to hear… Now, let’s get you home and figure out our next move.”

 

The next day Ying Jie actually went to school, even though she had an uncomfortable feeling about it. Obviously Aaron would cause a scene, and if not by acting all hurt, by targeting her. She was an easy target, actually. She had no one, and he had the whole school on his side.

She sighed deeply as she strolled down the hallway towards her locker. On the way, everyone looked at her as if she was a ghost, which scared her a little. She could very well hear what they were whispering as she walked by them.
“How dare she even show her face here?”

“I’ve heard that she’s been in a mental hospital, which is why she’s been gone for some time”
“Well, that would be good for her, she looks like she needs treatment, seriously”

Ying Jie stopped, as someone she knew a bit too well blocked her way. “Wu Ying Jie, I think we have something to discuss”
“I’m sorry Hebe, but I do not feel like spending my time talking to Blair Waldorf and her minions. Get out of my way. I have a class.” Ying Jie managed to keep up her old, cold attitude towards everyone on the outside. On the inside however, she felt her conscience almost push her towards Hebe. Hebe had actually lost her boyfriend of two years because of Ying Jie.

“Well, then it’s a shame that you do not really have a choice. Aaron disappeared, and no one knows where he is. I however believe that you have the answer to that question. Where did you hide my man, Wu Ying Jie?” Hebe looked threatening. Ying Jie was actually somewhat scared of her in that exact moment. She did not know why, but something about Hebe possessed strength that she had never had herself. Maybe that was why Aaron liked her so much.
“If you do not know, Aaron and I are not seeing each other at the time. He left me a few days ago.” Ying Jie looked Hebe straightly into the eyes this time, though she felt intimidated. “But is his personality not like this? That’s why you like him so much, is it not? He disappears and shows up when he wants to. He is reckless and unstable. If I was you, I would not be so worried. He probably met some model and went to New York, and returns again in a few weeks if that cuts it. Congratulations. You deserve him much more than I do. You can actually bear with how bipolar he is.”

“He… He actually told you about him being bipolar, even though you have not dated him for more than a month?” Hebe seemed hurt. In fact, hurt enough to forget that she was standing in the middle of the hallway, revealing to everyone thatthe love of her life had a psychiatric diagnosis.

“He never told me, but his patterns a re so clear, and why else would he take lithium [Note: Lithium is used as an antidepressant, and stabilizes mood, which is why it is often used to treat Bipolar disorder] every single day? I’m not stupid, Hebe Tian. Neither am I stable yet myself, as I have more diagnosis than Aaron does.” Ying Jie sighed. “Not to be dramatic or anything but… Well, first of all I’ve got Aspergers’ syndrome. When that’s said, I’ve got social anxiety, depression, borderline, and used to have bulimia. And I’m not even done yet. I also have non-active OCD” Ying Jie looked at Hebe. “So I have enough in my own problems… Good luck with Aaron, though.”

 

“Mr. Yan. I think you are ready to go home again. You seem stable now” A very smiling psychiatrist looked Aaron directly into the eyes. “Though I request that you come for a checkup and therapy once a week in the next two months to start with. Something tragic recently happened in your life. For to experience a manic period, and thereafter crash into depression is not irregular.”

“Thank you very much, Mrs. Tong.” Aaron looked thrilled. “Even though I will not consider the return of my mother as something tragic. Quite the opposite, actually… Even though I find it a bit weird that I dated her stepdaughter for a month.”
“And it’s the stepdaughter I was talking about. Not being loved back by the one you love can for many be a humiliating experience, and I admire you a lot for having the strength to seek treatment yourself.” Mrs. Tong smiled. “But please fill out these papers, and we can discharge you later. However, you have to promise me that you will come seek treatment straight ahead if you experience either a manic or depressed period. It is very important for you to get stable again. You are so young… Oh, and I prescribed you a slightly higher dose of Lithium for the next period of time. You will need a bit more stabilizing. But I won’t disturb you for now… Just hand in the papers at the counter, and they will return your belt and your shoelaces. Good luck, Aaron Yan”

“Thank you, Mrs. Tong… At least this time it did not take six months to get me stable” Aaron smiled a little, while the psychiatrist left, where after he started looking at the papers for him to sign. He almost could not wait to go back to school, even though the humiliation of having to face Wu Ying Jie and Hebe Tian haunted him. He owed Ying Jie and apology for losing his temper with her. He also owed her to explain everything that had been going on with him, and to reunite her and her stepmom if she wanted to take him back. He however also owed Hebe an apology for the recklessness he had been treating her with. The cheating, the needing and so much more had been out of hand. He had been far from a good boyfriend, and he should have sought treatment much earlier, instead of living in denial of a condition he had been diagnosed with since he was fourteen. He sighed. He would definitely have to swallow his pride this time.

 

“Daddy, I’m all packed up, let’s go!” Ying Jie yelled from her room. Her father looked at her with a proud, smiling face.

“Great, honey! I have already transferred you to a new school, where you do not know anyone. I think it will be best for you. I however have also contacted a local psychiatrist to help keep you in balance. You were right in your letter. You’ve always been reckless, and I think that you might need professional help” her father’s tone of voice got lower and lower as he got closer to her room. As he reached it completely, he grabbed her suitcase and carried it to his car. “We will move into our old house until we found something smaller… Our old furniture is still there, and I have taken it off sale.”

“Sure sounds good… I cannot wait to leave this place” Ying Jie smiled happily.
“You seem a lot more cheerful than you have in the past six months… What happened to you?” her father laughed teasingly.

“I started taking my Cipramil [Note: Antidepressant pills that contain citalopram] pills again a week ago, which I was prescribed to for the last year, and I feel great, actually” Ying Jie smiled. “But let’s leave already, dad… I’m sick of this town.”

***

 

My dear readers…

I don’t know how to even apologize to you for not updating for so long…

But I’m back on the fanfic stage now, I promise!

And I expect to be done with this by the end of January, so please, please, please forgive me…

And please comment, and like me on facebook ;)

The page is called Gril4Life (Winglin), and is created by a very dear friend of mine…

Also, I started a new project and wrote a one-shot… I’ll link below!

/Glamorous

/WeddingDay

Anyways… Love to you all, really!
To those reading this, thanks for staying loyal to me; you’re the best readers on earth! <3

Uhhh, I got a new BF btw ;)

-Gril4Life