Engagement of the Father

Black Coffee
“Okay, so… Who haven’t done their homework for today? Please raise your hands” the English literature teacher of Aaron and Ying Jie’s class said. Almost half of the class raised their hands, while Ying Jie rolled her eyes. She noticed that Hebe Tian kept her finger down, which surprised her, as Hebe rarely did her homework.
“Of course… As usual there are less people actually doing their homework, than not doing it. I will as usual notify your parents, and I will see you in detention. For now, I’ll have to ask the ones of you who haven’t done the review to leave.” The teacher waited, as half of the class left the classroom. “Okay, so, for the rest of you… We’ll start by talking about the different books that you have reviewed, and then you can deliver your computer written treasures to me.” The teacher smiled. “Wu Ying Jie, why don’t you start by telling the class what book or article you have reviewed, and what you think about it?” actually Ying Jie was the favorite student of Mrs. Wang, as she always had something interesting to say. Therefore, she just looked up confidently.
“Well, I have reviewed a book named The Sorrows of Young Werther, which I actually really liked. Its original title is Die Leiden des Jungen Werther. It’s written in 1787 by a germen author named Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe, and is a very famous novel.” Ying Jie said, with a serious expression on her face, while looking down at her black nails.
“Really? You’re only sixteen, and have already read The Sorrows of Young Werther? I’m impressed” Mrs. Wang nodded in an approving way. “Oh, and by the way that poem you wanted me to read is amazing. You really have talent” Mrs. Wang added, and then turned her head towards the other students. “Miss Tian, what book have you read, what did you think of it, and who wrote it?” she already looked less interested.
“Well, I’ve actually read the fourth book in the Gossip Girl series named because I’m worth it. The book series is written by Cecily Von Ziegesar, and I actually really adore it.” Hebe smiled sweetly. She hadn’t written the review by herself, but no one knew, and they wouldn’t care anyways.
“That’s… Very good, Miss Tian” Mrs. Wang said. Ying Jie had already stopped listening; she was writing a poem in her head, while staring at Aaron Yan, who surprisingly enough, also had done his homework. She imagined Aaron and Hebe sitting in an amazing bedroom, doing their homework together. She then grabbed her black notebook from her bag, and started writing a poem about his evil beauty.
“Angel face with evil soul
Lips so red and delicate
Hair in eyes
Deep yet dangerous
You’re a beautiful disaster” she wrote. She didn’t really like the poem herself, but it was okay. What was she doing writing a freaking poem about Aaron Yan anyways? He wasn’t her type at all. She didn’t even have a ‘type’; she wasn’t interested in dating, or having any romantic feelings at all. It didn’t fit her style or personality at all.

Aaron Yan was sitting in his English literature class, being bored, wishing that he hadn’t done his homework anyways. He didn’t have a clue about what he should do, so he started writing random things in his notebook, such as ‘’, and ‘I love pie’. He then started to fantasize about pie, and wished even more that he hadn’t done the homework, so that he could buy some. How stupid he had been. He looked around the classroom. Why was that girl his friends always mocked, Ling Yi, staring at him while writing in her little black notebook? That was weird; Aaron thought that she didn’t know who he was.
“Aaron Yan, book, opinion and author” Mrs. Wang said, already looking uninterested.
“Well, I’ve actually reviewed an article written by Alexander Jameson, about the development of a hash pill as pain medicine” Aaron smiled. “I found it interesting, because I found it to be a good, but it could also be abused by junkies.” Aaron looked confidently at Mrs. Wang. He then looked at Wu Ying Jie, to see if she had any reaction about his words, but she was too busy staring at her black starbucks coffee to even look at him. He sighed in a relieved way. She wasn’t an obsessed stalker after all.
“Wow Mr. Yan, that… Almost belong in social science”

“I’ve heard that Wu Ying Jie is so into Aaron, that she writes crazy love poems about him, and writes Yan Ying Jie everywhere” Selina Ren said to Ella Chen, Genie Cho, and Jolin Tsai, whom she was drinking smoothies and eating brownies with at a café, while skipping math class, because of a terrifying test. Hebe weren’t with them, as she had quite a math talent, and had to take the test as it meant a lot to her parents, weren’t hanging out with them.
“Come on, Selina, Ying Jie isn’t into Aaron; everybody knows that she already has a boyfriend who goes to Brown University in America, which is why she’s so obsessed with getting in” Genie yawned. If Ying Jie had heard those rumors herself, she would’ve almost laughed at their ridiculousness, but no one cared about the truth; it was never as colorful as what you could make up yourself.
“And how exactly would a girl like Wu Ying Jie get a boyfriend that went to brown? Genie please, she’s a lesbian; everyone knows!” Jolin said, while pushing her long, light brown hair behind her ear. She knew that she was one of the prettiest girls in school, and obviously wanted to make everybody think that her only competition was a weirdo that was totally obsessed with them.
“No she isn’t, she’s dating Mr. Bonnet; that’s why she gets so good grades in French” Ella stated. It was her own theory, but no one even cared.
“Come on, Wu Ying Jie and Mr. Bonnet? That seriously ridiculous!” Jolin laughed. “He has much better taste than her; you guys know how I know that, and besides….” She smirked a little “you guys know how she looks at Mrs. Wang all the time, which should pretty much prove my statement. And have you seen how she looks at Hebe? In my eyes it’s obvious; Wu Ying Jie likes girls, and I’ll have to hear extremely dirty stories that I don’t wanna hear, if you want to make me think otherwise.”

Ying Jie was relaxing in her small room, while reading a random book, that she actually didn’t concentrate about. Honestly, she was thinking about the math test she had taken earlier that day, as she didn’t feel too sure about math.
“Ying Jie darling, could you please join us in the living room for five minutes?!” she heard Jennifer yell. She got up from her bed, and walked towards the living room, still wearing her school uniform.
“What is it? I’m actually busy” she lied. “You know, with the stuff that I do; writing poems, even though you think that it’s ridiculous” she added, and shrugged; her eyes caught something that she didn’t want to see. Something that made her want to throw up. Why was there a diamond ring on Jennifer’s finger? And not just any diamond ring; the family diamond; the exact same engagement ring that her mother had carried around everywhere.
“Ying Jie, I know that you’ve been having a hard getting over your mother, and I know that you’ve been having some… Problems with Jennifer joining our family, but I sincerely hope that you can accept her as your real stepmother from now onwards. I proposed to her today. Zack already knows, so we were actually afraid that he might’ve told you, but you seem surprised, so…” her father kept on blabbering about marriage, and dates, and him and Jennifer.
She wanted to scream “YOU CAN’T MARRY THAT WOMAN! SHE’S AN EVIL !” but she knew that it would be extremely unpleasant. “Congratulations father” she said, and forced herself to press her dry lips towards her father’s cheeks. “You too, Jennifer” she added, and gave Jennifer a quick hug. “But if you will excuse me, I need to go to the bathroom” she said, and ran towards the oversized room, that she hadn’t ever even liked. She then felt her lunch turn in her stomach. How could her father marry that woman? How could Jennifer become her stepmother?

Aaron was at a bar all by himself, getting drunk, filling Pinacoloda in him, and trying to find a random to date for a week’s time. That was when he saw a familiar face; he saw the girl his friends had been constantly mocking. She didn’t look very happy; she was sitting at the corner of the bar disk, drinking Irish coffee, chain smoking and writing – probably bad – poetry. He decided to walk towards her.
“Hey, are you okay?” he asked her, looking truly worried. The pale girl dressed in black looked up at him; she obviously hadn’t expected to see one of her least favorite persons at a bar, a Monday night. When she looked at him, he could, though drunk, see that she had been crying.
“No, I’m not okay, and why would you care?” she asked him in a harsh tone. “Oh, so you can tell your little girlfriend about it, and the two of you can make even more fun of me?” he didn’t know why, as he probably deserved it, but her words somehow hurt him.
“Of course I care; you’re my classmate, and… Hebe and I have completely nothing in common. I care, trust me, Wu Ying Jie… Now tell what’s wrong” he smiled his sweetest and most warm smile, while he sat down next to her. He then looked at the bartender. “Two Irish Coffee’s” he said. The bartender nodded.
“It’s just that… When my mother died, my father got this terrible girlfriend who only cares about money, and…” she sighed. “…and they’re getting married soon, and I don’t know what the hell to do! I mean, she’s trying to control my life, and find my poetry writing ridiculous, and has this annoying son who always mocks me, and…” Ying Jie started to cry again, which shocked Aaron. He had never seen any real female tears in his life before, so he did what he had seen on movies, and gently padded her back. “…And I can’t do anything about it… That woman will be my stepmother in god knows how long time, and I hate her of all of my heart.” She ended.
“Wow… I really don’t know what to say…” Aaron said. In the meantime, their drinks had arrived, and the bartender waited impatiently for his money. Aaron gave him a few random money bills “keep the change”
“It’s funny; I never imagined that you would be this… Nice. I always thought of you as a complete jerk.” Ying Jie smiled, while emptying her Irish coffee. She then fell asleep with her head on the bar table. Aaron looked at the bartender.
“This is her seventh; I’m surprised she lasted that long” the bartender excused. Aaron nodded, called her a cab; she probably wouldn’t remember this later anyways. He then took her little black notebook, and put it in his pocket. He could give it to her the next day, to remind her. Then he could break up with Hebe, and… What the hell was he thinking? He couldn’t just break up with Hebe. No; tomorrow everything would be normal again.

***
Heey guys (:
Did you like it?
I personally love Gui Gui’s character too; she’s so… Mystical xD
Anyways, thanks for all the sweet comments that you left me; they warm my heart every time! <3
Please, please, please (peas xD Lol xD) comment again <333333
Xoxo

Gril4Life