09: Desperate yet Reasonable

Reason
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Something kept hitting his face. Hatred was never close to him unlike other emotions, however that very morning he felt like throwing bricks at anything that moved. Being completely annoyed, Youngjae opened his eyes just to get greeted with dark cloudy sky and yet another drop of water falling right on the tip of his nose.

It took him a while to realise where he was, but when he did, he felt some sort of relief wash over his shoulders. He didn’t remember, for some odd reason, how he had fallen asleep the previous night and he had to admit that he had never slept so well before. What an irony, he sighed. Looking around himself, the place was as calm as it ever could be. Only the raindrops falling on the ground and the trees and it was no longer uneasiness that was making the air around him so heavy.

Somehow that feeling had morphed into sadness.

The place was burdened with sadness and grief that had been there for too long. And it hurt him. He didn’t know though if it was just that one night he had spent there to make him think that way, but he suddenly didn’t want to just get rid of the girl that was following him. He wanted her to finally find peace. And that was what hurt him.

That he didn’t know how.

He let his eyes wander around the shore, something was missing there. Getting up, he dusted off the damp sand off his clothes and went towards the quiet waves of the salty water surrounding the land. It was completely empty all around him and so peaceful it felt like home for a second. A gust of wind hit his side, air smelling of salt a bit making its way to his nose, tickling his senses. Somehow, it really felt nice.

It was also the day his flight back to Korea was scheduled and so, as he set towards the shore where the ship for him was already waiting, he spotted the girl standing beside it. She smiled at him, quite sadly. He returned the smile and soon with them both aboard, the ship sped off to the wide sea. It clicked to him later that the body of the lady was missing on the shore; the sea must have taken her, he thought.

Youngjae decided that sleeping in the tiger’s den might not always be a bad thing.

Jet lags were not anything nice. Especially when you technically move forward in time. Youngjae had been awake through the whole flight back home and he kept thinking. It was quite ironic, he decided, since he didn’t remember when he had thought about things so much. An he hated the fact that there really wasn’t a way how to get out of it all. Let alone a way how to help the girl as well.

She had been there with him, sitting on the seat next to him, watching him all the time. She had seemed to sense his uneasiness and sadness and she seemingly knew what it felt like. And so it happened that halfway through the flight, she had placed her tiny hand on Youngjae’s bigger one, letting it rest there till the flight attendants announced the plane was about to land.

Youngjae didn’t mind anymore.

As he walked through the gates, he got nearly carried by the crowd that went with him - excited tourists, businessmen and women who just got back from business trips, families with children and couples who came back from their holidays in the States. Nearly half an hour took him before he was able to find Daehyun in the seemingly never-ending sea of people. Youngjae decided he didn’t like the airport in Incheon, it

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter