06: Delusional yet Determined

Reason
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“But that… is impossible...” Youngjae exhaled, staring at the old man in disbelief.

He was sure that he’d seen that lady before and she’d talked to him. There was no doubt in that. As he scanned the man suspiciously, it almost made him want to assume that he was crazy - the looks said it. But if that man was crazy then where was the explanation for the lady’s disappearance? On the other hand, believing the man would mean that Youngjae himself was insane.  And that certainly wasn’t a nice picture.

“Believe what you want, boy.” the man scoffed. “No one lives there.” he added before slowly going away.

Watching the man disappearing in the fog, the two stood as if frozen. Daehyun had noticed how the man was looking at the both of them, Youngjae especially. As if he’d wanted to warn them. Tell them to go away and never come back. His words however had confused Daehyun even more; there just was something in his voice that made Daehyun believe him that the lady never existed. But Youngjae said he’d talked to her and she’d talked to him… Then who was lying?

“She was here…” Youngjae muttered to himself still watching the retreating figure of the man.

“Come on, let’s go.” Daehyun hesitantly tugged on the other’s arm, pulling him away.

For the first time in his life, he didn’t know what to believe.

Fortunately for the two of them, when they returned back to the dorms, everyone was still fast asleep and they too decided to leave the matter rest. At least for few hours.

Closing the curtains and making it look like it was night even though it was day in the room, they both tucked themselves in seeking sleep in the depths of their fluffy blankets. Daehyun slipped away within seconds approximately; Youngjae though, was thinking.

That day’s events had put a bug inside his head and he just wanted to smash it. He wanted to find out what that all even meant; it made totally no sense to him. Or maybe he was just really going nuts from all this. Maybe the girl never existed, maybe there was nothing to it all. Maybe he was just delusional insane kid.

Sometimes thinking is better than counting sheeps. Sometimes you think about everything you’ve done before and it lulls you. Sometimes it’s enough to think about the bad things only and you fall asleep sooner than you realise.

Youngjae fell asleep that day.

He fell asleep and he had a dream.

He stood in the middle of a meadow. Sun was high up on the sky, gradually colouring the grass into pale shade of yellow. There was a breeze playing with his hair and his clothes - a neatly made white suit. Realising what he wore there, he couldn’t help but wonder where he’d seen that suit before. The air that he breathed, the place he was at, the clothes he wore; it all felt like déjà vu. Even so, he was sure he’d never been to such place.

Looking around, he could see miles ahead - there was nothing and no one around. Turning all around, he almost jumped out of his skin spotting a familiar little face in front of him all of sudden. The girl had her blac

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter