05: Confused yet Stable

Reason
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“I know why you came.” came a raspy voice from the other side of the rotten table Youngjae sat at.  He almost started regretting the decision to go in when the woman suddenly called him after he was about to leave.

The woman in front of him was giving off the feeling that was telling him he has nothing to do there. Expressionless, wrinkled face, piercing dark eyes darting right through Youngjae’s body itself. She was short, hunched up, body being nothing more than just bones and skin. And yet she still looked like she can kill the boy any second.

The inside of the house looked just as old as her and Youngjae did not have the courage to estimate her age. Now that she has spoken to him and still stared at him, he was even more scared. On the other hand, appearances are often deceptive, so who knows? Maybe this lady was just a fairy godmother. The boy gulped nervously and squirmed on his chair uncomfortably not saying anything, waiting for the woman to speak up since apparently, she knew why he was there.

“Did you forget how to talk, boy?” she nagged sharply, not sounding like a fairy godmother a bit.

“I... I a-apologize.” Youngjae stammered, still feeling as uncomfortable as ever. “You said you know why I am here... right?” he asked then, hoping this will be over as soon as possible.

“Of course I do.” the woman said. “I know who you are and that this problem isn’t easy to solve even without the fact that you’re a celebrity.” she added.

Quite taken aback by the fact that she knows Youngjae is a singer, he stared at her with his mouth agape for a second before getting a hold of himself again and asking. “S-so... What do I do?”

“Return what does not belong to you.” the woman said simply.

“I already did so.” Youngjae replied immediately as she surely referred to the doll he kept for few days before returning it back where he found it with Daehyun. “It wouldn’t stop.” he added then, avoiding an eye contact with her.

He felt her eyes on him, he could feel that she was not expecting something like this. Still, he didn’t look up to meet her gaze and he sat, waiting for her to say something. What came out as a mere whisper from echoed in Youngjae’s ears louder than their fan’s chanting whenever they made a comeback.

What came out as a mere whisper made his blood freeze in his veins.

“She already asked you, didn’t she?”

He looked up to look at the lady, just to see her staring at him with tears in her eyes. The scary atmosphere was gone all of sudden. She looked so fragile that Youngjae almost wanted to hug her to protect her from breaking down. Yet he did not.  He just watched her as her face changed completely. The dark glare was gone, grumpy and uninviting expression as well.

Youngjae just nodded slightly. He didn’t understand a thing, but somehow he felt the urge to answer her question. The girl had already asked him. She’d asked him for more. More of what was the thing he didn’t know.

“Excuse me, but what does she wa--“ he wanted to ask, but was cut in mid-sentence as his phone went off. He blinked at the screen just once and he knew he’s screwed. None other than Daehyun was the one calling him. It looked like the woman wouldn’t mind if he picked the phone right there, so he did.

“Hyung...” he said shakily to the phone.

“Where the hell are you?!” Daehyun’s voice came through the speaker loudly and Youngjae instantly prayed to every god up there -if there was any, that was- that Daehyun hadn’t woken up the whole dorm with his shouting.

“I’ll come back, hyung. Don’t worry.” Youngjae sighed. When he thought about it for the second time, he should be glad that it was Daehyun calling him and not someone else. Like Yongguk for example.

“That doesn’t answer my question.” Daehyun barked, sounding calmer.

“I’ll explain everything later, I’ll be back in few hours. Talk to you later.” Youngjae said hurriedly and ended the call after that not giving the elder even the slightest chance to speak. Now he was doomed for good, but he honestly didn’t care at that moment.

When he looked up in search for the lady again, she was nowhere in his sight. He looked around the room carefully but it was as if the woman disappeared into thin air. He even tried to call her, but it only resulted with no success.

Therefore he couldn’t do anything else than to just turn around and go back to his dorm before the start of his and B.A.P.’s today’s schedules with even more questions flying aro

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter