02: Hesitant yet Honest

Reason
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Youngjae stared at the girl outside their dorm and she was staring back at him while crying. After the longest minute in Youngjae’s life, he snapped back to reality, blinking few times, checking if his eyes weren’t deceiving him. Yet the girl was still there.

Almost transparent, tears rolling down her pale cheeks in streams, her fingertips brushing against the cold window surface, as she was reaching out her hand towards the boy. Despite it was January and it must have been freezing outside, the girl was dressed only in simple dress. And even so, she wasn’t trembling a bit.

Not really knowing what should he do, Youngjae took few steps closer to the window, unconsciously reaching out his hand also. Just when there was only the glass wall between his and the girl’s fingertips, Daehyun mumbled something in his sleep, making Youngjae flinch hardly. Youngjae turned around to see if the older has woken up, yet the only thing he saw was a pile of blankets on the bed, assuming that Daehyun was just dreaming about something.

However, when he turned back to the girl, again she disappeared. Youngjae just sat there touching the window and looking outside on the street.

Snapping back from his thoughts again, he rubbed his eyes as soon as he withdrew his hand from the window, ruffling his hair right after.

‚I really must look pathetic.‘ he thought bitterly, immediately tossing the doll back to his backpack, throwing himself on his bed again, when the sudden wave of fatigue washed over his mind. Too tired to think what happened just now, the boy fell asleep in few minutes…

The very next morning, when everyone reluctantly woke up and went for their schedule they had in a radio show, nothing much happened. They tried to sound cheerful and fresh, yet they all were zoning out thanks to the extreme lack of sleep. It also seemed that Youngjae has completely forgotten about the night incident,as he mainly concentrated on keeping his eyes open at least.

As soon as the show was over and their manager was about to take them to the opposite side of Seoul for an interview considering their comeback, Youngjae was left to take the passenger’s seat next to their manager who drove. It was quite strange since usually they would fight for the spot in the front, but the manager just assumed they were tired and wanted to sleep in the back, where it was darker.

As they were going on highway, the manager stepped on it bit since they were quite late. Everyone the van asleep, except for Youngjae, who blankly stared out of the window, quite annoyed that sleep didn’t come to take him away. Beside that, he felt like there’s something following them, but it didn’t matter how many times he looked behind them, he never saw anything suspicious.

Sighing, he put his head on the window, trying to fall asleep. Just as he was closing his eyes, he saw something jumping on the road. Someone to be exact.

„WATCH OUT, HYUNG!“ he screamed, watching the scene before him. As if everything turned into slow-motion all of sudden.

It was the girl.

Youngjae saw how she looked at him before she jumped in front of the car. In a split of a second, billions of questions popped up in his head.

„WHAT?!“ the manager screamed also, as he apparently hasn’t noticed anything.

Youngjae blinked few times, scanning the road before them, but nothing was there. They were just going still further on the road as if nothing happened. No catasthropical crash and dead people as it could be seen in Youngjae’s eyes few seconds ago. Nothing like that. Just scared-to-death manager and everyone in the van woken up, confused.

„Y-you.. you d-didn’t see t-that..?“ Youngjae stuttered, scanning his manager’s facial expression.

„See what?!“ yet the man was obviously not aware of what the vocalist meant.

„Her…“ Youngjae whi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter