Casting tapes: Beauty

Not so Average

 

CASTING TAPES

 

[NOTE: Italicized/bold words are for thoughts]

 

BEAUTIES:

 

KRYSTAL JUNG

- PD: Name and age? Krystal Jung. I’m 24.

- PD: You’re one of the spokesmodels for the cosmetics brand EC (eco-cosmetics) right? Yes I am.

- PD: What made you decide on being a spokesmodel when it says here [looks into the folder in front of him] that you’re not only a degree holder, but you’re also a board passer for your course?  Since my family owns the company… My parents thought it would be better if I represented our brand. Though that’s not the only thing I do for our company. I’m actually one of the Quality Assurance officers in our plant.

-PD: You were born in America? Yes. We moved here when I was 12 when my Dad’s company already made it big.

 

CHOI SULLI

- PD: Name and age? My name is Choi Jinri, but you can call me Sulli. I’m 24 years old.

- PD: What’s with the nickname Sulli? Oh. One of my unnie co-workers suggested that it would be best to have an English name because we deal with international flights.

- PD: Does that make sense to you? I think so. Why? [aegyo] Don’t you think it’s cute? [turns head to the side]

- PD: What do you think are the qualities one must have to be a flight-attendant like you? Hmm. You have to be tall to help with the suitcases and stuff. You have to be friendly and nice. Oh and most important, you have to be good with your balance.

 

KWON YURI

- PD: Name and age? Kwon Yuri. I’m 28 years old.

- PD: So you work at a gym? Yeah, I’m a gym trainer.

-PD: Do you play sports? Mostly basketball, but I also play volleyball, tennis and freesbie. But I don’t really play often. My workout focuses at the gym.

- PD: What is the importance of being fit? It’s not enough that you feel good about yourself emotionally you have to feel it physically too. Don’t you think the world would be a better place if everyone looked y as hell? [Smirks]

- PD: You must have been a jock during your school days. Augh. Just because I’m a gym trainer and a health buff doesn’t give you the right to stereo-type me as a jock.

- PD: We’re sorry Ms. Kwon… Hmm, so what was your favourite subject as a student? P.E. of course.

 

BAE SUZY

- PD: Name and age? Bae Suzy. I’m 24 years old.

- PD: It says here [looks into the folder in front of him] that you’re not done with school yet, you like studying that much? I don’t actually. I hate school, but I’m doing it because I have a passion for writing. Learning is different from studying.

- PD: You want to be a writer? A script-writter actually.

- PD: Don’t you rather be an actress? That’ll be too easy.

 

NICOLE JUNG

- PD: Name and age? Nicole Jung. I’m 26 years old.

- PD: You’re American? Yes I am. I dropped out of high school and moved here for my career.

- PD: We heard you’ve been on stage with the hottest k-pop stars as their back up dancers. Yes, that’s correct.

- PD: Mind telling us the worst k-pop act you’ve worked with? I don’t think that’s a good idea.

- PD: C’mon we won’t tell. Okay, only if you guys promise not to [stands up and whispers to the PDs]

 

SEO JUHYUN

- PD: Name and age? I’m Seo Juhyun, but I preferred to be called Seohyun. I’m 26 years old.

- PD: So you’re a law student? That’s pretty impressive. Thanks you for the compliment, but it’s really nothing.

- PD: Are you kidding? Law school is tough. It’s really nothing. I believe if you have the will to do it then nothing’s impossible.

- PD: So why be a lawyer? Why not if it can help others?

 

SONG VICTORIA

- PD: Name and age? Hi! I’m Victoria Song. I’m 30 years old.

- PD: So you’re Chinese beauty queen? Right you are.

- PD: Why move to South Korea? Because my fiancé lives here.

- PD:  Oh, so your husband-to-be is Korean? No, he’s Thai.

 

PARK LUNA
- PD: Name and age? Good morning I’m Park Luna, age 25.

- PD:  Where have we seen you before? [Smirks] I’m an actress you’ve probably seen on television.

- PD: Oh really what show? Am I allow to mention names? Hmm, actually I’m still a trainee.

- PD: Interesting. Yeah, but watch out for my debut.

 

KIM HYUNA

- PD: Name and age? Kim Hyuna, age 25.

- PD: What kind of modelling do you do? Professional.

- PD: We know. But what specifically, commercial, ramp, editorial? More like commercial/editorial, but not your usual Korean modelling.

- PD:  What do you mean? You know playboy magazine right?

 

KANG JIYOUNG

- PD: Name and age? My name’s Kang Jiyoung and I just turned 24 this year.

- PD:  What’s the difference between a glamour model and a regular model? Duh. We’re more glamorous.

- PD: Why not try acting? Maybe someday. But right now, I really love what I’m doing.

- PD: How glamorous do you think you are. Rate yourself 1 – 10. A perfect 10. [Smiles]

 

PARK GYURI

- PD: Name and age? Gyuri. I’m 30 years old.

- PD: It says here [looks at Gyuri’s folder] that you’re the 1st runner up for ‘Ms. Korea’? [Coughs] Yeah. It was a great experience. I should've won though.

- PD: That meant if you won you would’ve been our country’s representative for ‘Ms. Universe’? Why’d you think you lost? [Coughs] Thank you for that question. Hmm, I wouldn’t say I lost. I just think of it as a gain on my part because somehow I’ve learned something from my experience.

- PD: Very well said. So what in particular did you ‘gain’ from your experience? Oh you know. Camaraderie, patriotism.. [Says last part in a whisper] and it wouldn’t hurt to sleep with one of the producers.