Casting tapes: Geek

Not so Average

 

CASTING TAPES

 

[NOTE: Italicized/bold words are for thoughts]

 

GEEKS:

 

LEE TAEMIN

- PD: Name and age? L-l-lee… T-t-tae..min. T-t-tw-twen-ty f-f-five.

- PD: Could you repeat that? L-l-lee T-ta *PD interrupts: We’re kidding!

- PD:  Are you always this shy? N-n-no… I-i-i-t’s j-just t-the w-way I-I t-ta-lk w-w-with s-s-st-stran-g-gers.

“We’re almost out of time now”, one of the PD whispered to the other.

- PD: How ‘bout if we just ask you ‘Yes’ or ‘No’ questions for now? Sound good. [Taemin nods]

- PD: So you’re a chess champion. [Taemin nods]

- PD: What made you decide to join? Taemin scratches his head before thinking of just writing his answers. To many help with my communication abilities.

 

AJ LIU

- PD: Name and age? A-AJ Liu.  25 years old.

- PD: So you’re Chinese. Uh, yeah. Taiwanese to be more specific.

- PD: So you’re profession sounds, complicated. Uh, not really. It’s just that many people don’t find it interesting enough to want to know about it.

- PD: Excellent point there. But why take this field of work? If I don’t then who will?

- PD: So what made you join this show? [Sigh] My brother passed my resume without my permission.

- PD: So if it was up to you wouldn’t go on this show? Yeah, but even if I do it seems like I won’t have any other choice because we wouldn’t to go through this third interview if I wasn’t a finalist.

 

CHOI MINHO

- PD: Name and age? Good afternoon. I’m Choi Minho, 26 years old.

- PD: What made you decide to join the show? Duh, to study about the likely result of social experiments like this. Oh and hopefully, [Says last part in a whisper] to get laid.

- PD: How much do you love your job? I don’t really love it, but I good at it so why would I stop doing it?

- PD: You look totally different than your picture, what did you do? Simple, I worked out.

- PD: How about plastic surgery? What do you mean? [Looks offended]

- PD: I-I mean.. what are your views about it? If it helps and you have the money, then why not? [Smirks]

 

LEE JONGHYUN

- PD: Name and age? Lee Jonghyun. I’m 27.

- PD: So it says here [Looks down on his resume] that you have a passion for Star Wars? Can you explain what the means? Well, aside from my huge collection of comics, to action figures and to memorabilias, I also study and theorize the concept of the show.

- PD: What do you mean? We, me and my co-fan club members analyse each and every character every line they say and what meanings they hold.

- PD: Wow, that’s pretty deep. So if we ask you to state every line there is out there you can? I don’t guarantee I can, but maybe.

- PD: Can you tell us your favourite Star Wars quote. Well, thank you for that question. [Looks enthusiastic] “May the force be with you!”

 

EUHYUK

- PD: Name and age?

- PD: [Fake coughs] Excuse me, could you please state your name and age? Eunhyuk. 31.

- PD: So what made you join the show? [Eunhyuk just shrugs his shoulders as an answer]

- PD: [Sigh] Well, it says in your resume that you wanted friends and if a girlfriend permits you then it’s good to. [Knits his eyebrows together] What? If you already knew my answer, why ask?

- PD: [Gets stunned with his reaction] Uh, w-we just want to hear it coming from your mouth. Whatever.

- PD: We noticed based on how you behave you’re bit of an anti-social. Do you agree with that? [Eunhyuk just shrugs his shoulders once again to answer]

 

JO KWON

- PD: Name and age? Anniyeong!! Jo Kwon in the house! Hello! Oh, I’m 30 years old.

- PD: So you love mangas? Not just love but I’d die for them. They’re my life!

- PD: Do you do cos-plays? [Laughs] What a silly question to ask. Of course! It goes with the hobby and the job. I don’t just collect them you know, I also write them.

- PD: Really so what stories have you written? Can’t tell! You guys just have to find out for yourselves. [Smirks]

 

KIM KIBUM

- PD: Name and age? What’s up! I’m Kim Kibum. But you guys can call me Key. I’m 26 years old.

- PD: So we’ve heard you’re really into the cos-playing craze. That’s right. I’m actually the 5 time champion. And fyi since not everybody knows this the I also made the costumes for the first and second runner ups.

- PD: Oh, so you also design them. Duh! That’s my job. You don’t expect me to just join cos-plays, do you? They’re so expensive! Plus, how do you think I earn a living?

- PD: What’s your favourite costume so far? Hmm, I can’t decide. Next question please.

 

LEE ONEW
- PD: Name and age? Hello. My name’s Lee Onew, I’m 28 years old. [Bows to everyone around]

- PD: You’re a student right? Medical student to be exact. Yes, that’s right. It’s my dream to become a doctor.

- PD: What kind? Oh, [Scratches head] I’m still deciding between Pediatrics and a Cardiology. But I think I’m going to choose the latter, since [Scratches head] I’m not really good in dealing with kids. 

- PD: So what made you join the show? To help with my socialization skills and it wouldn’t hurt to win the prize money. It’ll help a lot with my school expenses.

 

CHOI HEECHUL

- PD: Name and age? Choi Heechul. 31 years of age.

- PD: So what do you do for a living? I work as a radio DJ.

- PD: Oh. We were not aware of that. I guess that’s good to know. Yeah, I’m used to people not wanting to know anything about me once they’ve learned I’m a 31-year-old . Kidding!

- PD: [Laughs] So what kind of DJ-ing do you do? I give love advice.

- PD: [Laughs] Are you joking? No. Why would I? Do I look like I am?

- PD: It’s just… [Heechul interrupts] If you’re thinking what I’m thinking then I’m actually good at giving advice. It’s just a lot harder when it comes to myself. Plus, people just can’t see how good of a catch I am. [Pouts]

 

SHINDONG

- PD: Name and age? Yo yo yo! Shindong in the house! [Speaks in English with Korean accent] I’m 32 years old. What’s up?

- PD: Wow. You’re really hyper aren’t you? Nah. This is normal for me.

- PD: So you’re an online player? Yep. You name it I play it.

- PD: How do you earn for a living? My parents duh.

- PD: You still live with you parents? Anniyo! I-I just happen to live next door (in their garage basement to be exact).

- PD: So what’s your reason for joining? To get myself a hot girlfriend. This is a dating show right?

 

CHO KYUHYUN

- PD: Name and age? Cho Kyuhyun. I’m 26 years old.

- PD: You’re resume’s impressive. You’re already a college professor? Yes I am.

- PD: And you also got perfect scores on your S.A.T.S.? Correct.

- PD: What made you join the show? My students told me to. They say I’m too uptight.

- PD: So you joined to help you improve your social skills? Yup.

 

 

 

-------------------------------

Sorry if it's lame? just wanted to update since your comments gave me the push to.

Thanks. :)