Episode 1: When Beauty Meets a Geek (Part 2 of 4)

Not so Average

 

EPISODE 1

When Beauty meets a Geek (2 of 4)

 

DAY 1 | 9:00 AM

 

“Hi my name is_____.”

 

 

The time has arrived for the beauties to introduce themselves after which the geeks would do the same. Then the pairings begin.

 

You can do this. It’s just an introduction… C’mon you said it to yourself, better get this over and done with.”, she thought as she gave out a sigh before muttering, “Fighting.”

 

The moment she walked through those curtains, all eyes were on her. Most guys shivered as they laid their eyes on her; they don’t know if it was because of her radiating beauty that’s daunting them or just her piercing stare as she ran her eyes through every one of them.

 

But a pair of the same piercing eyes caught hers.

 

Description: C:\Users\Marbee\Documents\Bluetooth Exchange Folder\punkandsiorderly\23_not so average\eyes edit.jpg

 

She almost forgot was she was about to say, but nonetheless she played it cool and showed her graceful but intimidating composure.

 

She let out a breath of air before speaking. The anticipation from the guys was almost unbearable, being the geeks that they were every millisecond the passed by was torturous.

 

She gave out a bow as a sign of respect before introducing herself straight on. “I’m Krystal Jung, 24 years old. I’m pure Korean but was born and raised in America. I sure we’ll get to know more about each other as the days past, so that’s all I have to say for now. ”

 

The guys remained quiet as Krystal let out another bow before letting herself out. No one dared to talk after what they’ve seen and heard.

 

“Dude!”, came from the starter of noises; none other than Shindong.

 

“Dang! Bit cold, but dang!”, Heechul joined in.

 

“She’s hot.”, Minho commented.

 

“Oh my God! She’s so pretty!”, Jo Kwon added.

 

“Cincha!”, Key agreed.

 

“So pretty.”, Even Onew was drawn to her while Taemin and Amber could only nod in agreement.

 

“Shhh!” , someone spoke getting everyone’s attention. “It’s our turn now.”, maybe he still feels like he has to calm every one down like his rowdy students as Kyuhyun commanded, but no one got offended since he said it sincerely.

 

Everyone stiffened with that realization.

 

 

 

“So who goes next?”, Onew just had to ask.

 

“Oh my God! I can’t.”, it was Key this time.

 

“Someone has to go first. I promise I’ll go next. Just not the first one.”, Jo Kwon added, agreeing with Key.

 

The guys went on to bicker with each other, to the point that the girls that were way across the other side of the hallway heard. This just caused giggles from the girls as the guys made they’re nervousness quite apparent.

 

“All right! I’ll go first! Geez…”, everybody stopped talking as Minho finally volunteered himself.

 

He sighed before thinking the same as Krystal, only differing in confidence. “Better get this over with. What do I got to lose? I’m the best looking one here anyway.”

 

Description: C:\Users\Marbee\Documents\Bluetooth Exchange Folder\punkandsiorderly\23_not so average\minho nerd.jpg

[NOTE: Just imagine Minho looking like this and a lot skinnier. This was the best that I got. It’s so impossible to find an ugly picture of this guy! Hahaha. Love this guy though, especially in TTBY. :) ]

 

Minho had a point. He was easily the most noticeable one among all of them to pass as being ‘un-geeky’, but that doesn’t mean he was the best looking. He just has a lot of confidence in himself; he was rich and smart. What can you do?

 

He fixed himself, adjusting his tie. Minho had the most formal attire. Wearing a suit and tie, the only thing missing in his outfit was a briefcase.

 

 

 

 

 

All of the ladies got bored waiting for the first geek to arrive so they all got surprised as Minho came in.

 

Minho had everything planned out, he knew what to say and how to express himself but all of that got out the window as he saw the most beautiful scene he had ever laid his eyes on. 11 goddesses or beauties were sitting comfortably in front him.

 

 

He let out a fake cough as he thought of a thing to say, but none came out.

 

An outstanding minute painfully passed by before someone said something.

 

“Cat caught your tongue?”, was heard from Gyuri which cause giggles from a few ladies.

 

“Quiet. He’s nervous.”, Suzy defended earning an eye-roll from the latter that spoke.

 

“Hey, there. What’s your name?”, Nicole intercepted having a friendly nature and wanting to give the guy a break.

 

“M-m-minho.”, Minho hated how he stuttered. But he couldn’t help it wasn’t every day that he faced 11 stunning ladies.

 

“Hi Minho.”, Nicole spoke as she waved followed by the rest of the girls.

 

“So how old are you?”

 

 

 

Introductions from the geeks were almost the same. With Nicole added with Suzy and Victoria helping the poor guys who all caught their tongues the moment they got in. Only Key, Kyuhyun and AJ made it out without having to stutter and make a fool out of themselves.

 

Sulli followed after Minho which gave a very bubbly introduction almost making every guy bleed through their nose with her natural cuteness.

 

--------------------------------------------

Order of introductions:

-          Krystal

-          Minho

-          Sulli

-          Shindong

-          Luna

-          Onew

-          Victoria

-          Kyuhyun

-          Nicole

-          Key

-          Yuri

-          Jo Kwon

-          Jiyoung

-          Heechul

-          Seohyun

-          Jonghyun

-          Gyuri

-          Euhyuk

-          Hyuna

-          Taemin

-          Suzy

-          AJ

 

--------------------------------------------

 

[NOTE: So I still have work tomorrow, so I’m just gonna post the ‘introductions’ on a separate chapter, maybe after chapter 1. :) ]

 

 

 

The introduction of all the girls went smoothly; all showing confidence. What they didn’t know was as every one of the beauties made themselves known the lesser the guys think of themselves. How could they possibly compare to them? Possibly stand next to them and live with them?

 

 

AJ was the last of the geeks to enter. By this time all the girls lost hope in meeting someone possible ‘normal’ and ‘un-socially awkward’. With Taemin being the last one who looked like to have witness a puppy being tortured with his stuttering, over the top nervousness and shaking.

 

The only a handful of ladies were paying attention until the rest that weren’t, heard someone trying to catch their attention.

 

Krystal almost forgot about ‘him’. She actually thought he looked cute the most decent one. But hey she won’t be admitting that anytime soon.

 

The final geek started off, “Uh, hi?” Rubbing the back of his neck, he continued. “I’m AJ Liu. ”

 

‘He’ continued, “I’m 25 years old. I’m Taiwanese, but was born and raised in LA. I currently work as a Software Analyst and Developer for ______ (name of company).”

 

“Uh, that’s all. “, but the time ‘he’ finished he had his head drawn to the floor.

 

“It was nice meeting all of you.”, ‘he’ let out shyly giving a bow before leaving the room all to the girls.

 

 

 

 

A moment of silence washed over the ladies before they all erupted in squeals.

 

“Oh my God!”, came out from Nicole’s mouth in perfect English.

 

“He’s so cute!!”, Sulli expressed.

“Finally!”, Hyuna and Gyuri surprisingly spoke at the same time.

 

“Someone who’s actually decent.”, Yuri spoke for the first time.

 

“You can tell how smart he is.”, even Seohyun joined.

 

“Pssh. They’re all smart. Isn’t why they’re called geeks?”, Jiyoung carelessly said..

 

Thank God you’re pretty.”, Krystal could only comment to herself as she heard Jiyoung’s comment.

 

“My God. How can these women think like this?”, she continued to think.

 

 

Krystal was starting to get irritated by the girls’ comments about AJ, feigning disinterest. Good thing it was time for them to choose their partners. The PD’s explained once again how they have the power over that decision but the problem is they have to decide for themselves who chooses first.

 

 

Who will it be?

 

------------------------------------------------------------

NOTE: I don't own any of the pictures.

 

So this chapter goes out to jzlee_91 who keeps asking me for an update. :) There you go. Haha. You inspired me to do so as did laperlateehee2.  

laperlateehee2: Just so you know I was about to update 'Walking on Water' but I don't think I have enough time, so I'll probably do it tomorrow. (Sorry. Got work :/ ) 

 

Oh and for all those asking if Amber's a girl. She is in this story. :) You guys just have to tune in to know why she's pretending to be a boy. :)

 

And since I couldn't do a double update (as I was originally planning to), here's a teaser...

------------------------------------------------------------

 

“I choose you.”

 

 

You’d think everything was settled. But after the PDs dropped the bomb, debates and countless comebacks were fired to who goes first.

 

The PDs were about to interrupt when a certain someone screamed out loud. This didn’t go unheard of by the guys waiting on the other side of the hallway. Everyone was seriously caught off guard if not frightened.

 

“Will you all shut up?!”, came from none other than Krystal.

 

She exhaled some air out to cool her fume before starting to speak once again with a calmer voice this time, “Why don’t we just draw straws? The shortest one goes last.”

 

Everyone agreed as much as they don’t want to. It was the logical and civil thing to do.

 

 

 

“I chose AJ.”