I Won't Give Up

I Need You

This chapter is indeed based on the song I Won't Give Up by Jason Mraz   (click the title to hear it ^_^) 

 

Kira sighed as she looked outside at the night sky. Tonight would be one in a million as there was said to be a magnificent meteor shower. It was the night where everyone would get together and make their wishes and maybe sneak in a romantic moment. Yet here Kira was, home and alone. 

There was a party held nearby, but it was hosted by the populars, so of course, Kira wouldn't be invited. Lee Hi was, for obvious reasons. She was quite the go-getter after all. Sunggyu, also obviously ,considering the party was hosted by the girl in his English class who fancied him, was also invited. (AN: Didn't forget her now, did you??) 

*ding dong* 

"Huh?" Kira mumbled befuddled. She recalled her mother being out of town, and even then her mother had keys to the house so she wouldn't ring the door bell. Barely anyone even knew they had a door bell, most people just knocked. The only one who'd always use the door bell was- 

"Sungjong?" Kira gasped as she the door open with a flourish, sending the said boy's hair whooshing back. He smiled at her. 

"And I thought you'd start the party without me." 

 

"So here's a vanilla coke for the lady, a pepsi for me, and peppermint treats to share." Sungjong grinned as he laid out the goods on the blanket he and Kira were currently sprawled on. And of course, what better place to await a meteor shower, than on the roof?

"Sharing? You're joking, right?" It flew out of Kira's mouth before she could even bite her tongue. Sungjong didn't mind, though. He was used to her witty comments, courtesy of her blunt observations. He laughed. 

"Aish, this girl." He ruffled Kira's hair as she giggled. Oh how the sound twinkled in his loving ears. 

"Kidding, kidding." These were one of the rare moments when Kira actually seemed like a normal sarcastic teenager, and Sungjong liked that he seemed to be the only one that witnessed it. 

"You really are a handful sometimes." He whispered under his breath, soft enough so that she wouldn't hear him. "But I guess I wouldn't have you any other way." Sungjong spread a goofy smile at that thought. 

"Yah, why are you so weird?" Kira flicked his forhead. 

"Yeah, I'm the weird one." The smile diminished and contorted into a sly smirk. 

"Whatever." Kira let it go. He was her silly Jongie, and he always would be. "When do you think the meteor shower will start? Lee Hi said it would probably be around eleven 'o clock.." She trailed off softly. 

"Your guess is as good as mine." He replied as he laid down flat on his back, getting prepared. "It's almost eleven now." He glanced at his wrist watch. 

"Oh, so I'm guessing soon then, eh?" She laughed dubiously, as if she had just told a joke. Sungjong chuckled along and nodded his head. 

"Yes, soon. Now come on and get comfortable, you'll strain your neck if you watch sitting up." He patted the space next to him and she obliged. 

"Ok Jongie." She laughed under her breath. Expressing emotions came so easy at the moment, it almost scared her. Sungjong just knew the right things to say when they were alone together to get her to loosen up. And she couldn't really complain, she liked the thought. But in the back of her mind, there were slight nagging thoughts telling her not to expose herself too much, no matter how close to the boy she was. 

The two laid there side by side in silence, but it was a comforting silence, so they didn't really care. 

Suddenly a beam of light stretched across the night sky. Sungjong and Kira stared in awe at the beautiful show before them. 

"It's so pretty..." She unconciously mumbled. Sungjong jerked his head to look at her profile, lips puckered in an 'o' shape and eyes twinkling. He loved every second of it.

"Yeah, pretty..." Only he wasn't talking about the meteor shower. It was then that Sungjong realized what he was planning to give up. The urge to grab ahold of her hand took over, though Kira didn't mind. They'd held hands before. But to Sungjong, it was a sign. 

A sign that he wouldn't give up on pursuing the beauty that laid before his very eyes. He was going to make her his, no matter what. 

 

Haha, I just had to put that Sungjong was drinking Pepsi, while Kira, my OC, was drinking Coke. Yes,  I've seen all that Infinite+Pepsi hoopla on tumblr and let me say... I AM A COKE PERSON. There, I said it. I've confirmed that Pepsi's playing dirty. TvT Bribing me with my own boys.. 

Anyways, I hope you liked this update even though it's a SungjongxKira chapter. I personally love this couple, but Gyu is my second bias after Sungyeol so... I am trying to get this story rolling again, but honestly I feel like I have ADHD since I always get distracted and it takes me at least three hours to come up with a chapter that's only this long. Ugh. I really as an author, please refrain from the use of pitchforks though I deserve it. I've also been wondering if I should start writing an Exo fic and alternate between that and this fic. Maybe I won't get sooo, bored?? If I do, the main will most likely either be Sehun or Luhan (so hard to choose..) And no, I won't write HunHan. I don't even like reading , it's just not my thing. 

Ok, I've talked too much now, so see you next update!~ 

P.S I shall start working on it now since I have some motivation lol.