Or Run Away?

The Trail Back Home.

     The rythm of her impatient taps from her foot that collided against the abused and old cement that has been tattooed of so many footprints, the last resort to so many gum wrappers and the left behind items. She sighed, her head practically collapsing to the ground, letting out a low chuckle as her hair blocked her view like a curtain. Even she thought that this was a foolish idea, practically waiting for hours and hours in front of the motel with the flashing lights, grinning at the customers to come inside. She shivered cold, her nose turning red as she gritted her teeth. "That fool was stupid enough to think that I would actually keep the key. And here I am foolishly waiting for him. Who is the fool?" It was true, at first, she had no intention of meeting and in fact threw away the key right after he left.

    Then night became day, where those flickering lights are soon drifted off into sleep, along with the girl who had been sleeping on the cold bench for so long. People came from time to time, shaking her a little to see if she was okay, but then to go off into their own business. Their lifves were too precious and that was debated by time. Oh who would waste it for her girl that might've slept there on purpose. And here's where all sorts of assumptions that kick in from people that walk day and night throughout the streets of Seoul. Some of them think, "Isn't she cold? Where is her home?" But do not bother to ask her where it is so they can give her a taxi ride or wake her up and ask her. Although she assumed in her deep slumber, she shrugged it off, for it had always been accustomed to her lifestyle. She asked for help, but no one said anything or helped her. Her body was rocked back and forth on the old bench as a gesture for the owner of the movement to wake up. It took her awhile for her to wake up, as it could be told by the person shaking her body. She smiled weakly at the sight of the familar figure, who seemed to rarely have any normal breaths from running. With his hands, he helped Chaerin sit up and she looked at him smiling sadly while saying with almost every part of her frozen body, "You're here."

   Jiyong could only nod weakly, feeling guilty , "I'm sorry I made you wait here." Suddenly remembering something from a trace of thought and spoke it out loud to Chaerin, "Wait, I thought I gave you a spare key?"

  For a moment, Chaerin tended to hesitate, unable on what to say. Surely, he would be disappointed if he found out that I just threw it away? But what if he finds out in the end? She shifted uncomfortably and looked up at Jiyong, who gazed at the motel, seeing if it was still open, and the atmosphere of it.

  Without looking at her, Jiyong sighed lightly, not wanting to make her completely feel guilty, "I know you threw it away, I wouldn't have wanted to meet a stranger suddenly again either." His head finally turned to her as he looked down at her, and Chaerin looking down at the ground, always tending to avoid eye contact at sudden conflicts. He pats her shoulders and chuckles, "Don't be guilty alright? You're human."

A long pause.

"A civilized one, and a smart one."

Chaerin nodded slowly, and tried to play it off cooly, "I suppose throwing a "gift" away wasn't quite humane of me either." She walked toward the entrance before Jiyong grabbed her wrist, causing her to whirl and face him as he outwitted her, "But Snow White was given an apple by the Evil Stepmother and look what happened to her."

"She died and came as the most luckiest girl alive as a prince swooped her off her feet."

Jiyong paused for a moment, only to blink and chuckled as he shook his head, "Well you can take it that way if you like."

Chaerin continued walking to the door, slowing her pace as she waited for Jiyong to catch up with her, "What I meant, is that gifts can come in anyways, from anyone, with different intentions, so it was wise of you to avoid my "gift."

They enter the motel, walking to the elevator, and pressed the floor number of their room. Wanting to avoid silience, Chaerin gazed up to look at him, only now taking the time to look at his full features. His black, clean cut blazer, his faded orange knitted turtleneck that hugged his figure, his plump lips that could easily lay against another's lips that could make any girl be flattered. Those eyes that hid a deep sorrow, that hair that was ran through every time of the day when facing his work. She gulped, mentally smacking herself, and resuming to the statement she wanted to throw at him, "You know you're quite funny."

The elevator dinged, notifying them that it was their floor. Jiyong and Chaerin walked out of the door, having the same pace as Chaerin and cracked a small smile, "Oh really? How so?"

"You take all your energy proving that someone is right when they claim they are wrong. You take all your energy proving that someone is wrong when they're right."

Jiyong thought abut her comment, self evaluting and Chaerin let out a playful smirk to see if it stumped him.

"Is there a problem to that?"

"No, it's just that why do you do that?"

He shrugs, take the key out of his pockets that was in a wallet. Funny, most people rarely take the time to put some stuff in wallets such a hotel room key yet, here this man was, all organized and neat.

"Well, maybe because I have a mouth and intelligence and I want to use it all up before I die."

Chaerin thought about this for a moment, and chuckled, nodding her head signaling him that he had a point.

He opened the door, only to see the sight of lighted candles, sprinked petals, and the aroma of wine, and a sound emitting from the room. 

"You're here."

Jiyong faced Chaerin and sighed with his visible frown, "And in situations like this, we run."

_______________________________________________

A/N: Long time no see, long long time no see.

It was actually hard for me in my personal life, but I will make sure to keep this going. Much love you guys.

Now Playing: Wolf - Now, Now