Once Upon A Time

The Trail Back Home.

"And if I do tell you my story, what will you give to me?"

Jiyong thought an answer for this question that Chaerin gave to him, "I will tell you my story," he sat down on the edge of the bed, clenching the linen, anxious to hear her story.

Chaerin chuckled, "Honestly, I thought you would've been those foolish people that would say 'Anything' for an answer. Dying to know something leads to desperation. Well, that is what desperation is,"

"Are you saying that you wouldn't be interested in my story?" Jiyong scoffed, glancing at Chaerin, looking through the window at the nightlife cityscape.

"To be honest, anyone can just look at you and determine your fate," Chaerin's chuckles ring from , scanning at Jiyong, "Seriously, no body would wear a tuxedo in 3am morning, even getting out of work, your tie would be atleast pulled out from your neck; whispers on the street would say that you are the heir to a huge company in Seoul,"

"There's so much to someone than just a simple appearance," Jiyong sighed and continued to stare at Chaerin.

"But I'm right," Chaerin rotated her head towards him, a smirk brewing on her face.

Jiyong collapsed his head onto his hand that leaned against his thigh, only sighing for he couldn't disagree, "I asked for your story, not a guess for mine," he said in a monotone voice.

"When you tell me to tell you a story, especially my story, I don't know how to start it, how do you expect me to, when I'm this lost?" Chaerin moved her body towards him, placing her body onto the edge of the bed, keeping distance between her and Jiyong.

"Why were you there that night, against that rail?"

"Even the rain pounding against me, I felt so suffocated, I need some air. Sometimes we haven't done so much things, we just become curious and interested in something, it's humanity. That's how discoveries are made. I wanted to feel my body and the wind battling against each other, to feel in this moment where everyone and everything around me is mute and you can feel the moment of tranquilty, until when your body hits the water, that's..." her voiced trailed off.

"That's when reality hits," Jiyong completed the sentence for her.

"That's when reality hits," she nodded in agreement.

"You're psychotic," Jiyong chimed in the awkward silence.

"I know, but who in this world is actually sane? We're all crazy, that's how wars erupt, and how conflicts rise," Chaerin simply nodded.

"I have another question," he said with a shake in his voice.

"Ask away," Chaerin said, pulling her legs against her chest.

"Why do you call yourself the beggar?"

"When I was little, just like every child with dreams, I wanted to be a princess, but as my phase of a teenager phase began, I began to wonder how I ever could've thought of such thing, living in a -house, where no one loved me, where my tiara was thrown into the heavens, while I was thrown into a hell hole. Oh how I reached for that utopia, but my arms could never reach that far, neither could my hopes," Jiyong could tell she held back her tears, her eyes becoming glassy.

"Was it ran by your father?" Chaerin seemed to jump back quite a bit when Jiyong asked that question and chuckled minutely.

"Why that laugh may I ask?" Jiyong touched her shoulder lightly.

"So many questions, but it was a done deal, so I must say, when i usually first start this famous story, people mostly flinch in fear, rather than investing into it. And I completely understand, because the act of stumbling into unfortunate events is like an illness, and no one wants to catch that,"

Jiyong nodded, "Continue,"

"It was, my mom was crawling to Stage IV of Cancer. I don't blame him though, because he tried his hardest to save his beloved wife, the only thing is that she didn't believe it. I mean, who would? Transforming his home into a -house, while forcing his daughter to study her schoolwork there, constantly being interrupted by moans and squeals throughout every room while his wife was lying in the hospital, breathing become a harder subject for her day by day. Any man would pass by and say that my father was a mad man, which he turned out to be. As for me, I ended up smuggling my father's pack of cigarettes and packs of gum, begging on the streets to take it in exchange of money. At home when he found out, he would take that dreaded stick that I depsied in that whole entire house. I would beg forgiveness, for everything,"

Chaerin took a glimpse of him at the corner of her eye and sighed, "You think I'm making this up, don't you?"

"I do," he said bluntly, "But because it's you, I'll believe you,"

"How honored I feel," Chaerin chuckled, "You're wondering about my mother aren't you?"

"I already know the answer,"

"That's something new, so when did you escape that hell-hole you call?"

"I can't, I have to stay there, as a matter of fact, I should be going," Chaerin's head cocked to the analog clock plastered onto the cheesy patterened wallpaper and rose from the bed.

"Surely you still have some time, I have to tell you my story," Jiyong acknowledged.

_________

I hope you liked it you guys, not much, but they'll keep coming!

Now Playing: Intoxicated - The Cab