Left Alone

The Trail Back Home.

As Jiyong expected for Chaerin to agree, she snatched the bag from the coffee table that laid wet, urging to dry from the rain and zipped her soggy jacket. She swayed hesitantly at Jiyong ho was still on the bed looking up at her, as if pleading for her to stay.

One stay couldn't be that bad would it?

Chaerin shook her head.

"I-I can't stay, I have work to do at home, I'll come back here when I have time," Chaerin managed to stutter while Jiyong scoffed in the air, not buying that Chaerin actually had work to do.

"You're lying," he said in a blunt manner.

"Do what ever you think," Chaerin said as she shoved the room key in her lose pocket that had the content of receipts from drugs, bubblegum wrappers, and abandoned hairbands in the jacket's pocket. We sometimes come into awe when we look to find these things, but in that moment we get them we don't think that they're that important. But once we go looking for them, a regret has been made.

Quite foolish of humanity isn't it.

"Does it hurt that much to hear my story?" Jiyong shot up from the bed and sighed, having such urge to grab her wrist, but resisted, not wanting to look like a total creep.

"It does," Chaerin shrugged her shoulders, moving aside from him to look out through the windows, wondering if it was still pouring like a mad man out there. Noticing the drizzle plastered onto the window, she realized the rain was still active. Jiyong had realized that as well when Chaerin put on her hood, ready to move out of the room.

"And why does it?" Jiyong asked, the curiousity from his tone ringing more than it needed to.

Chaerin sighed and turned around to see Jiyong's glass eyes that refrained from his tears to release, "The more I know something about someone that has suffered I feel very arrogant and somewhat proud. Proud that I was the only one that suffered through it, arrogant that I'm not the only would who has been into a black hole. I would act like I care, but in the end I don't. Some would say that I'm being a blunt bastard and selfish, but I'm just being honest. It's not like I can help you with anything, for I am in the same burdening situation as you. I would tell this warning to everyone that begged for help, but in the end, it was me that needed the most help,"

Jiyong twitched his head at such bluntness, quite offended, but in the end he understood.

Silence suspended in the air for a few minutes.

"I'll be going now," she said to break such silence that she hated.

"I'm a goody two shoes," Jiyong began, making Chaerin stop in her tracks, not turning back at him this time, " I was that kid that everybody wanted to be with, every guy in the school envied me,"

Chaerin managed to chuckle, "This sounds like a self praise more than a 'Trouble-some-boy-burden-life-time-story-meets-world' story,"

Jiyong grunted and a minute smile appeared from his face, "I guess it all starts that way, or atleast my story does," he stopped for a moment to glance out of the corner of his eye, only to be satsified that Chaerin sat back down from the edge of the opposite bed. Noticing that he was looking back she replied back to his glance, "I'm only here because this seems interesting. Don't expect sympathy,"

Jiyong chuckled again before continuing on to his story, "My mom always wanted me to exceed, to soar from the others. I think it was probably because that our father had no desire for education and put his life into the sewwer, bringing us all down with it. And that's when my mother realized that she didn't want this for her child. But merely, she didn't want it for her. Once again, the idiosyncrasy of this world is quite sick, we help others to get what we want. We basically use each other. Soon, my mother began to work harder than my father and sat on a throne on one of the top industries,"

"It must be great," Chaerin simply added to say to Jiyong, not managing to blink.

Jiyong scoffed silently to himself, "I object. Why would you think such thing?"

"To sit on the highest of the sky, to have the sight of minions, your minions bowing to you, fanning you when your hot, putting a blanket or throwing themselves at you when your cold. To have all the attnetion seems to good to be true,"

Jiyong nodded slowly in agreement, "Fame and fortune always comes with a price,"

"And what do you mean by that?" Her words slurred, becuase of hunger and fatigue. She occasionally looked at the clock from time to time, already expected that she would be in deep trouble.

"What I mean is--" his words were cut off by the sound of his cellphone ringing. He looked at the caller I.D and sighed in annoyance.

"What do you want?" he snapped, slightly rotating his body from Chaerin.

"I need to see you," the other end of the line said, clearly a woman, her crisp voice not in the quite state of delicacy.

"Why? You hide me from the outside world anyway," His eyebrows narrowed, "I have to go, meet me here tommorow, or call me anytime you want to be here," he jotted down his number in a messy handwriting manner, zooming out of the room as quickly as possible.

"Outside world?" Chaerin mumbled in confusion to herself.

___________________

 

A/N: OOooOOOh, you're curious aren't ya? You'll find out what he means by the outside world eventually.