Looking Forward

A Series of One Shots

Yesung crawled next to Ryeowook who was sitting down.

"Wook. Why do they call it looking forward to the future?"

"Because you're looking ahead instead of looking behind." Ryeowook awnsered, not really understanding the very weird question.

"But." Yesung demonstrated by turning his head to different angles. "Forwardness is a relative concept isn't it? So you're always looking forward. And you're always in the future because a second ago I knew what I was going to say and this was my future."

Ryeowook thought about it.

"Hmm. Maybe but... it's just an expression. Most things in English don't make sense."

Yesung hugged Ryeowook.

"Like using I like you because I love you is cliche. But now I like you is cliche. So you can use both."

"Not really, they didn't invent looking forward because being in the future was too cliche, but I guess that's a good point too."

Ryeowook leaned into the hug.

"Ryeowook?"

"Yes?"

"I love you."

"I love you too."

Yesung frowned behind Ryeowook.

"But you were supposed to say I like you. Because we'd just talked about them."

"What?"

"Nevermind." Yesung said as he rested his chin on Ryeowook's shoulder.

"OK then. I like you." Ryeowook said

"As a friend?" Yesung laughed.

Ryeowook smiled, turned round and hit Yesung on the arm.

"You're just teasing me now!"

"Mhmm." Yesung said, leaning in for a kiss.

"Mmm" Ryeowook said back.

Yesung pulled away, and said in a movie-like pose towards an imaginary camera in front of him "From this day on, I will only look forward!"

"You can't only look forward! You have to think in the present!" Ryeowook shuddered at the idea Yesung would be anymore in his own thoughts than he was already.

"What? But there's no such thing as the present."

"Is that why you're often late? Because there's no such thing as the present and only the past so you have to get there past the time you were meant to?" Ryeowook said jokingly.

"No." Yesung awnsered seriously "That was when I realised that lateness was also a relative concept. That and I forgot where I was going halfway through getting there and had to go back home to find out."

Ryeowook laughed "Because you're in such a hurry everywhere is that why I always have to clear up huge messes?"

"Yes. I couldn't find a T-shirt this morning, only a shirt. That's why the drawer was out."

"What would you do without me?"

Yesung thought for a moment "I would live in a mess and be unhappier. But Ddangkoma would be furious."

"Why?" Ryeowook thought later - Ddangkoma loves me that much? -

"Because he would have to crawl over mountains of clothes to get to his food. Said food might also be buried under layers of clothes."

Ryeowook smiled but was a bit sad at heart. "So Ddangkoma would die and you'd be a bit sad too."

"Nope!" Yesung said happily "My soul would die. But my body would live on to a very old age."

Ryeowook smiled at the sweetness of it and just as he was getting sleepy he heard Yesung contemplate

"I wonder if I'd be called loveable gramps Yesung, creepy old weirdo Yesung or grumpy old git Yesung..."

Ryeowook drifted off to the sound of Yesung ranting.