Chapter 5

Will you be my actress?

 

 
 
You woke up the next day and the first thing that struck your mind was Sunggyu. 
 
You have been thinking about him the whole day yesterday, wondering why he actually helped you. 
 
You smiled to yourself unknowingly thinking about him then you slapped yourself. 
 
"Jung Soohee! What are you doing!? You can't fall in love! No, you can't.." You shook your head vigorously.
 
You were ready for school and wanted to head out of the house but you stopped in your tracks and turned back to look at your parents' picture that was placed on the shelf near the door. "Mom.. Dad.. I hope I didn't make the wrong choice."
 
You felt tears well up in your eyes but  you hurriedly wiped them away and went to school.
 
Well, it was another typical day at school. Infinite and Nayoung would be surrounded by students the minute they arrive. You used to head to class everytime they arrive, it's not like you wanted to see them anyway. But today, you tried to look for Sunggyu.
You knew that Eunmi had a crush on Sunggyu secretly, and since Eunmi was absent from school & you didn't want to let her know that you also had a little crush on him, so you took the chance today. 
You hid behind a pillar and scanned through the entire crowd. He was just behind Myungsoo, beaming till his eyes couldn't even be seen. 
 
Just then, he turned to look in your direction. 
Both your eyes met.
You blushed and hid behind the pillar at the fastest speed possible.
 Your heart was beating really, really fast. 
 
"Oh my god what are you even doing Jung Soohee! Wake up!!" You lectured yourself and rushed to class, trying to forget about Sunggyu. 
 
You were having math lessons in class and trying very hard to concentrate but your mind was just filled with "Sunggyu, Sunggyu, Sunggyu."
You were staring out of the window, when Mr Choi threw an eraser directly at your head. Everyone turned to look at you.
 
You were startled and apologized to Mr Choi. "What are you doing, Jung Soohee? You're not your usual self today. Now, come up and solve this question." 
 
"O-okay.." You stuttered as you went up to the board. You weren't listening in class at all, of course you wouldn't know a thing. 
You were staring at the board blankly and turned to Mr Choi, smiling sheepishly. He glared at you and signaled you to go back to your seat. "You better not be like that again Soohee."  
 
You nodded your head and went back to your seat. 
 
"So yes, this is how you solve for y." After Mr Choi finished his sentence, 
the bell rang. That means its lunch time!
 
Everyone dashed out of class while you remained in class alone trying to solve the math problems that you missed out just now. 
 
Suddenly, someone handed you a sandwich and banana milk. "Are you sure you're not going to eat?" A familiar voice asked.
 
You tried to answer but you were too lost for words. He smirked, "Why? Am I too handsome for you? Does that explain why you look so shocked?"
 
You replied without thinking twice, "No! Its just.." You meddled with your fingers.
 
"Arraso, i get it." Sunggyu smiled and ruffled your hair. He turned the chair in front of you, so that he could face you.
 
You blushed and slowly reached out for the sandwich and banana milk. "Thank you..." You mumbled while munching on your sandwich.
 
"I saw you looking at me today. It was you right? The girl behind the pillar." He questioned and waited eagerly for your reply. 
 
You choked on your food and he handed you the banana milk immediately. You gulped down the milk and tried to catch your breath before you answer.
 
"Uh... How should I say it... No it wasn't me! It was because Eunmi wasn't in school today so I had- Aish, forget it. Yes, it was me..." You hit yourself on the head.
 
Sunggyu laughed. Cute.  "Well, I think you should get ready for your next class right? It's acting class next isn't it?" You nodded and he left the class, but he came back in after a few minutes and asked, "How about an ice cream treat after school? Say.. about 4?" 
 
"Ice cream!? Okay!" You became excited and agreed without thinking. 
 
"Alright, see ya!" He said and walked back to class.
 
After he was out of sight, you jumped for joy and pumped your fist in the air. "Booyeah!" But you didn't realize that Sunggyu saw everything you did at the corner of his eye.
 
He smiled at your silly actions and mumbled to himself. 
 
"What exactly have you done to me, Soohee ah..."