Chapter 6

Will you be my actress?

 

 
The programme was starting in about 5 minutes and people from the better class start coming in.
Just then, from the corner of your eye,  you saw Myungsoo and Nayoung strolling in, intertwining their hands, you don't know why you felt nothing but jealousy.  But just behind them, you saw Sunggyu, both of your eyes met. You blushed and hurriedly looked down.
 
Myungsoo saw your actions. He rolled his eyes and slumped onto the chair just right beside you while Nayoung went to sit on Eunmi's seat. 
 
You were busy day dreaming about your ice cream ' date' with Sunggyu later on, and a smile slowly crept up your face until Mrs May slammed her books on the table making you jump a little. 
 
"Class! Listen up! Today we're going topractice how to hug others in a more natural way." 
 
I stiffened at her words. 'Hug? Me? Myungsoo? HUG KIM MYUNGSOO? NO!! NEVER!'
 
Just then, Nayoung raised up her hand and said, "Mrs May! Eunmi is absent from school today and I don't have any partner! Can I request someone to be my partner?"
 
Mrs May, being biased to all the students from the better class, nodded and said, "Sure!" 
 
"Well, I'll choose Myungsoo oppa then!" She giggled. 
"But-" I tried to speak up but Mrs May cut my words off.
"No BUTs Soohee. You'll partner me." 
 
Myungsoo laughed at you and headed to the back of the class to sit with Nayoung. 
 
Just when you were feeling so upset about whatever is happening now, someone spoke up, "Teacher, my partner isn't here today too. I think I can partner Soohee."
 
It was that familiar voice again. 
You turned around and it was him, It was Sunggyu.
 
You were more than willing to pair up with him and true enough, Mrs May agreed to his request. You were too happy that words couldn't even express how you feel. 
 
"Hey Soohee!" Sunggyu said as he sat down beside me.
 
"Hello!" You said, trying to hide your smile.
 
"So... W-We are supposed to practice to hug each other in a more natural way... R-Right?" He stuttered. 
 
"Ermm, yes." You answered.
 
At the back of the class, Myungsoo felt a pang of guilt as he stared intensely at you and Sunggyu that he didn't notice Nayoung calling for him. 
 
"Oppa? Myungsoo oppa!"  Nayoung called out once again.
 
"What!" Myungsoo turned back and snapped at Nayoung.
 
"Are you okay? Why are you staring at the ?" Nayoung asked with concern. Myungsoo really hated Nayoung to use those kind of words but he didn't say a thing. Afterall, it's still the girl he loved.
 
"Nothing, nothing at all.." Myungsoo replied monotonously. Meanwhile, You and Sunggyu didn't want to waste anymore time and started practicing. 
 
Then, it was time to present what everyone has practiced.
Nayoung volunteered to present first so Myungsoo had no choice but to do it too.
 
Myungsoo hugged Nayoung and they stayed in that position for about 2 minutes. Suddenly, you felt a pang of jealousy, you just couldn't help it. Then, myungsoo took a quick glance at you to see your reaction. You tried to keep a straight face to hide your jealousy. He smirked and pulled away from the hug. 
 
 
Sunggyu patted your back and smiled at you, he understood how you felt. You just smiled back sheepishly and it was your turn.
 
From the moment you stood up to present, Myungsoo watched your every move.
 
Myungsoo's POV.
 
Why is Sunggyu doing this...?
Don't tell me he has feelings for Soohee.... No, it can't be.
Wait, what are you doing Myungsoo? You have Nayoung.
Why are you bothering about Soohee? Wake up!
 
Sunggyu took the initiative to hug Soohee first. 
 
I didn't know why I felt like my blood was boiling. I wanted to go up there and give that hyung a punch. 
  
Sunggyu pulled away and turned to look at me. He smirked and that was the time, I couldn't take it any longer.
I stormed up to him and gave him a punch, causing him to stagger backwards.
 
Soohee's POV.
 
After Sunggyu and you pulled away from the hug, you saw Myungsoo storming towards the both of you and he hurled a punch at Sunggyu.
Sunggyu staggered backwards and I tried to support him in case he falls.
 
"Hyung! Soohee's my partner! Now just get lost." Myungsoo yelled. 
 
"Don't you hate Soohee a lot? Why are you trying to protect her now?You have Nayoung don't you?"
Sunggyu said calmly.
 
"I-I just-" Myungsoo stuttered but was cut off by you.
 
"Kim Myungsoo, what exactly do you want from me? For a while, you were so cold to me. Then now you're punching Sunggyu just because of me? DON'T YOU HAVE NAYOUNG!? I really don't know what you want! " You yelled as you clenched your fist and ran out of the class. 
 
"Myungsoo, you're really out of your mind." Sunggyu glared and ran after you.
 
Everyone was too shocked at everything that happened so fast, even the teacher was at a loss for words. "Er... Okay class... Let's stop here for today..." The class broke out into whispers and murmurs, gossiping about what happened just a few minutes ago.
 
"Myungsoo, what were you doing just now...? Don't you remember that you still have me?" Nayoung tugged on his sleeve. 
 
"Nayoung, please leave me alone for awhile, please." Myungsoo pleaded.
Nayoung just nodded timidly and left the class. 
 
Myungsoo slammed the table.
"Jung Soohee!! What have you done to me!?"