Sleeping Arrangements

Reunion
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

            They’d finally gotten up the nerve to quietly tip-toe down the hall to the room Kyuhyun and Yesung shared.  Donghae, Siwon, Zhou Mi, Kyuhyun and Ryeowook walked single file until Donghae stopped suddenly, forcing them all to run into one another.  Donghae put his finger to his mouth to remind them to be silent and then pointed to the door.

            They all read the sign at once.

            Siwon stood tall, a rather menacing look if you were significantly shorter like Ryeowook was, and put his hands on his hips.  “You don’t think they—”

            Zhou Mi, trying to prevent a scene, wisely shook his head and began to walk Siwon down the hall in the opposite direction.  “I’m sure this is all just a joke.  Let’s go back down to the party.  There was a director—I can’t remember his name now—that was interested in meeting you and I don’t want him to leave before he gets the chance.”

            Donghae softly sighed and then carefully snuck towards the door.

            Ryeowook’s eyes went wide.  He wasn’t really going to listen at the door to see if they were really doing it, was he?  Kyuhyun also walked over to the door and both of them put their ears against it.  Kyuhyun’s back was to him but Ryeowook watched Donghae’s face as he strained to hear something.  Anything.  Curiosity finally got the better of him and he joined them, bending over low so he wasn’t sandwiched between them. 

            The doors were thick and at first, he couldn’t hear anything at all.  If they were inside, wouldn’t they be speaking to one another?  Maybe they just put the sign up and then went someplace else.  Just when Ryeowook was about to give up, he heard a loud, long moan come from inside.

            Ryeowook was so traumatized by it, he flew backwards until he hit the opposite wall.  Kyuhyun and Donghae just stared at one another, having some kind of silent telepathic conversation like they always seemed to do at the most bizarre times, and then backed away.  Donghae gently took Ryeowook by the arm and led him down the hall until they were back at the elevators.

            “Well, there’s no doubt about it,” Donghae simply said, hitting the down button.  “Guess it wasn’t just for show after all.”

            “You made him jealous,” Kyuhyun said, pointing at Ryeowook.  “You were hanging all over Minnie today and all Jongwoon spoke about the whole day was how he thought you two were sleeping together.  And then he snapped.”

            “It isn’t my fault!  We do that all the time, it doesn’t mean anything!” Ryeowook defended himself.  “He should know by now that it’s normal.  I hang on Woonie that way too, you’ve seen it.  Why should he now suddenly think that there’s something going on?”

            “Well, you were with me before, so he didn’t have to worry about it,” Kyuhyun argued, walking into the elevator as the doors opened.

            “Boys, that’s enough,” Donghae lectured, turning on his authoritative father tone.  “More than likely they’ve never been interested in each other until now.  Otherwise, something would have happened years ago.  Right?”

            Ryeowook crossed his arms in front of his chest and refused to look at either one of them.

            “Where the hell am I going to sleep?” Kyuhyun asked.  “The hotel is completely booked because of the performance.”

            “How do you know?” Ryeowook countered.

            “He’s right,” Donghae informed him.  “The staff told us they sold all the rooms two months ago.  You’ll have to stay in Wook’s room tonight.”

            They both began to shout so loud, arguing against the idea, that Donghae had to hit the wall with his fist and holler at them to shut the hell up before they returned to silently avoiding each other’s eyes.

            “If you don’t calm the hell down, I’m going to have to go get Teuk involved.”

            “That’s okay, hyung,” Kyuhyun softly answered.

            “Now, Ryeowook, it’s partly your fault for hanging all over Sungmin, even if no one was aware that Jongwoon had a thing for him.  And it isn’t Kyuhyun’s fault that they chose his room.  They could have just as easily have gone to yours, Wook, and then you’d be in his shoes,” Donghae continued.

            Ryeowook didn’t say anything at all.

            “But Hae, why can’t we just do a little rearranging of rooms?”

            “I don’t see why we should all have to rearrange our lives when the answer is relatively simple.  And aside from that, Leeteuk and Shindong intend to sleep with their wives, Hyuk and I are going to go over some music later tonight, and the few members that remain don’t need to have anything to do with this.  Tomorrow, you can spend the whole day figuring out who sleeps where but tonight, you just do what you’re told.”

            The doors opened to the ground floor and Donghae took a deep breath and strolled out as if nothing had just happened, waving hello to someone down the hall.  Kyuhyun stayed in the elevator with Ryeowook, who finally punched the eight button and the doors slid shut.  The tiny space was suffocating and the hotel room wasn’t a hell of a lot bigger.  This was going to be a long night.

            “Why didn’t we just go back to the party for now?”

            “It’s ending in about a half hour and, quite honestly, I didn’t want anyone seeing us leave together and come to the wrong conclusions.  Why didn’t you go back?”

            “I’m afraid you’ll pretend to be asleep when I come back and I’ll end up sleeping in the lobby.”

            Ryeowook wished he’d have thought of that idea. 

            “You could sleep with all the fans camped down there.  That would be special.”

            “At that point, I’d just walk in on them and kick Sungmin out,” Kyuhyun said.

            “Ah!  Don’t remind me!” Ryeowook said, covering his face with his hands.

            “What?  Your ears can’t handle it?” he teased.  “Does it bother you knowing that they’re getting busy right this moment?”

            “Oh my god, you’re so erted!  I don’t want to think about it.  What is he doing to poor Minnie?”

            “Something that was probably a long time in the coming.  I think Minnie’s had his eye on Woon for a long time,” Kyuhyun said, walking out the door to the elevator.  “Which is our room?”

            “Don’t call it our room,” Ryeowook snapped, stomping down the hall.  “It isn’t our room, it’s my room.  You’re just a freeloader.”

            “Freeloader,” he softly laughed, leaning against the wall and closing his eyes as Ryeowook dug out his wallet to find his keycard.  “I’m too tired to argue with you anymore tonight.”

            Ryeowook looked over at Kyuhyun, all dressed up in his suit and tie, since he had his eyes closed anyway and wouldn’t know.  He did look exhausted.  There were circles under his eyes and he looked a little paler than he remembered.  Even so, he was breathtaking to look at.  He quickly slid the card before Kyuhyun realized how long he was taking and opened the door.  He then proceeded to flip on each and every light he could find. 

            Kyuhyun blinked repeatedly at the assult on his eyes.  “Mood lighting, Wook?”

            “Shut up,” Ryeowook grumbled.

            Kyuhyun slid his suit jacket off and hung it up and then slipped off his shoes.  He proceeded to walk over to the far bed and laid down on it, spreading his arms wide and closing his eyes.

            “That’s my bed,” Ryeowook informed him.

            Kyuhyun opened his eyes and rolled unto his side.  “Well, come on over than.  No one’s stopping you.”

            Ryeowook chose to let go of his anger and ignore him.  The sooner he fell asleep; the sooner this would be over.  He began to gather his clothes up and could see Kyuhyun ing his shirt.  Thankfully, he had a white t-shirt on underneath, so Ryeowook was spared from having to see him half , but then he stood up and pulled down his pants.

            “What are you doing?” Ryeowook shrieked.

            Kyuhyun turned around to face him, his brows furrowed.  “Did you seriously just flip out there?  I’m getting ready for bed, what does it look like?”

            “You’re stripping!”

            “Wook, you lived in a dorm with how many men?  How many times did one of them walk around because he forgot a towel or he didn’t give a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter