New Beginnings

Reunion
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Two years later…

            Ryeowook heard the alarm buzzing and covered his head with the pillow.  “Hit the snooze button,” he said, his voice muffled by the fabric.

            When nothing happened, he began to pound the area where Kyuhyun slept but hit nothing.  He threw off the pillow looked around the room.  Nothing again.  Sighing heavily, he crawled across the bed, reaching towards the nightstand to turn off the alarm, and yawned.  He put on his slippers and then wrapped his robe around him before going in search of his beloved.

            As he reached the next bedroom, he heard Kyuhyun singing, very lightly, an impromptu solo rendition of No Other while rocking their nine-month-old daughter in his arms.  For a moment, Ryeowook just leaned against the doorframe and listened, watching Heeyoung stare up at her father, mesmerized by his soothing voice.

            When he hit the chorus again, Ryeowook joined him singing and walked into the room. He kissed Heeyoung on the forehead and she promptly grabbed his hair and pulled it.  When he managed to free himself, Kyuhyun leaned in and kissed him.

            “Good morning, sleepy head.”

            “You should have told me she was fussing,” Ryeowook said, tickling Heeyoung under the chin.

            “Well, I know that you didn’t get much sleep last night—”

            “And whose fault is that?”

            “And every once in a while, dad likes some alone time with his little girl.”

            “Yeah, yeah,” Ryeowook said, walking back out of the room and heading for the kitchen to get some coffee.  As he took his first sip, he looked up at the clock.  Once.  Twice.  “What?  It’s almost time to leave!”

            “No it isn’t.  You have thirty minutes before Yesung gets here.  That’s plenty of time to shower and eat.”

            “Maybe for you,” Ryeowook said, rushing out of the kitchen and into the bathroom.

            He managed to shower, shave, and dress before Yesung and Sungmin came down from two floors up and walked right in. 

            “Heeyoung!  Come to Uncle Min!”

            Sungmin stole the little darling right out of Kyuhyun’s hands and began to make funny faces at her, which made her light up and laugh.  She smacked Sungmin in the face hard in her excitement.

            “I taught her that,” Kyuhyun explained.  “We can’t have her growing up in the music industry and not teach her how to act when a boy tries to sweet-talk her.”

            “She takes after you,” Yesung agreed.  “You almost ready, Wook?”

            “I’m coming, I’m coming,” he said, trying to slip on his shoes.  “Kyuhyun let me over-sl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter