Serenade

Reunion
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

           Ryeowook ran off stage, nearly breathless from an hour’s worth of dancing and singing, which he wasn’t accustomed to anymore, and leaned against the cool brick wall of the hallway.  He closed his eyes for just a second when someone gripped his arm and pulled him into one of the waiting rooms, slamming the door shut behind them.  He knew, even with the light off, that it was Kyuhyun. 

           Kyuhyun backed Ryeowook into the wooden door roughly and then kissed him, hard.  Their lips melted together as Kyuhyun wrapped his arms around Ryeowook and closed the remaining distance between them.  After several minutes, they finally broke away in order to catch their breaths.

           “I’m still in love with you,” Kyuhyun confessed, still grasping for breath.

           “So am I,” Ryeowook confessed, his heart beating so hard he thought it would burst.  “I should have told you not to leave, that I couldn’t live without you.”

           “I’m sorry I left.  I’ll never leave you again for as long as I live,” he swore. 

           Kyuhyun grasped Ryeowook by the shoulders and looked down into his eyes.  He angled his head and brought his head down to Ryeowooks and then…

 

           “Ryeowook!”

           His eyes were still closed tight, his thoughts still on the dream he’d had, when someone began to shake him and he finally opened his eyes, peeking up at the evil bastard that ended the perfect dream. 

           “Oh good, you’re awake,” sighed Sungmin.  “We only have about forty-five minutes until we have to leave for rehearsal.”

           “What?” Ryeowook yelled, jumping out of bed and looking over at the alarm clock.

           “It went off but you slept through it,” Sungmin explained.  “And you looked so content, I just couldn’t wake you.”

           “But that isn’t enough time to get ready!”

           “You have plenty of time.  All you need is a shave, really.”

           “I need to shower too!” he said, running around the hotel room to collect clothes and his bathroom supplies.

           “Why are you going to shower when you will just have to shower again after we’re done anyway?”

           Ryeowook dropped everything in his hands and grasped Sungmin by the collar of his pink pajamas.  “Minnie, I have to look my absolute best today.  I have to torture him as much as humanly possible.  He’s the one who broke up with me!  It should be him who has to want me, not the other way around!  I want him to see me and wonder how the hell he ever could have let me go to begin with.  He has to be miserable without me, the way I am without him.”

           “Ah, I understand now,” Sungmin said, nodding.  “I’ll go downstairs and get you a little something for breakfast while you get ready.”

           Ryeowook exhaled audibly.  “Good, at least you get it.”

           “Want me to flirt with you today?”

           “Please,” Ryeowook said, picking his clothes and bottles back up.

           “All right.  Operation Torture Kyu begins now.  Get the hell in the bathroom and quit wasting time,” Sungmin ordered him.  “You’re down to forty-two minutes and you know what Leeteuk will be like if we’re late.”

           “I knew I could count on you.”

 

           Ryeowook ended up riding to the studio for practice with Sungmin, Kangin, Leeteuk, Heechul, and Siwon, so he never ended up seeing Kyuhyun until he walked in one of the many mirrored dance studios at SM Entertainment headquarters.  It was just rotten luck that he happened to walk in when Yesung, Eunhyuk and Kyuhyun were practicing dancing Bonamana—just goofing off before the real work began—and Ryeowook caught a clear view of Kyuhyun’s reflection ing his hips as he sang his first lines of the song. 

           Sungmin actually had to grab Ryeowook by the shoulders and turn him in a half circle.  “Op, you did see that.  I was hoping you missed it somehow.  God, he really does look hot when he does that.”

           Ryeowook covered his face with his hands, knowing full well that it was as red as it could be.

           “Calm down, breathe steady.  Remember, you’re the one that’s here to make him suffer, not the other way around.”

           “Right!”

           “He’s going to regret leaving you!” Sungmin cheered.

           “Right!”

           Sungmin’s eyes went wide.  “Wow…does his ever look good in those jeans when he does that.  You’re so screwed, Wookie!”

           Ryeowook began to pout and dropped his head onto Sungmin’s shoulder, pretending to cry.

           “By the way…I have a question for you.”

           “What’s that?” Ryeowook asked, his voice still whiny.

           “Do you talk to Yesung very much?”

           “Here and there.  We met up for a drink about a month ago,” he said.

           “Do you happen to know if he’s single?”

           “Last I knew he was.  Why?”

           Sungmin shook his head and patted Ryeowook’s back sympathetically.   “No reason, just wondering.  Well, this is going to be a very long practice.  I can’t believe he can move around in jeans that tight.”

           Ryeowook couldn’t handle getting the commentary without a visual anymore and turned back around, even if it was just to torture himself.  The slightly distressed jeans showed off Kyuhyun’s perfectly shaped, squeezable behind and his god-like thighs.  He refused to even allow himself to think about how they looked from the front.  The problem was, so many of Kyuhyun’s dance moves were purposely choreographed the way they were to accentuate Kyuhyun’s assets.  This was going to be a long day, indeed.

           “Yesung has bulked up his arms a lot more since the last time I saw them too,” Sungmin commented.  “He should be forced to wear sleeveless shirts all the time to appease his fans.”

           Ryeowook gave Sungmin a curious look but kept his thoughts to himself, for now.

           Just as Ryeowook began to feel sorry for himself, wondering how he would stand to look at Kyuhyun’s hotness for the next several hours, a whole new form of torture began.

           Yesung began to sing the beginning verse of Sorry, Sorry Answer, loud enough for everyone to hear, his voice belting out as much as it did in a real concert.  “Hey~Whoooahh whoah.  I will love you tonight.”

           Kyuhyun, smiling broadly, began to sing his line, “Michidorok neol wonhago isseo yeah!”

           Yesung kept going with the song, “Dan harurado neo eobsi an doeneun nan oh~ baby.  I hold you in my arms ojik geu sarange simjangi ttwineun geol.”

           “Nan jeomjeom sumi makhyeowa ireoda jukkesseo, I want you baby,” Kyuhyun said, looking into the mirrors straight at Ryeowook.  “Neomu neomu areumdawo ne moseube neogsi ppajyeobeorin na, ppajyeobeorin na, geujeo ne nunbiche saro japhyeo gogaejocha dollil sudo eomneun na, babo gateun na.”

           Ryeowook totally forgot about his line until Kyuhyun turned around to face him, waving his hand in his direction.  “Gaseum teojyeo beoril geot gata neoui soneul jabeumyeon ne ipsure ip, matchum halttaemyeon.”

           “Geunyeomani naege jooin ilsu itneun geol I'm a slave for you,” Yesung concluded.

           The group began to sing the chorus in unison, enough of a distraction from Kyuhyun for a moment, as they all tried to drown each other out, and Sungmin shook Ryeowook playfully as he sang.  But then as they finished their nanana part, it was once again Ryeowook’s part.

           “Haengbokhan baborado doen gibun neukkil su itgenni yeah.”

           Kyuhyun looked at Ryeowook as he sang, his voice even richer and smoother than Ryeowook remembered.  “Nal gajyeodo neon neon gwaenchanha geudaero sigani meomchwoseo, hanaui naigil wonhae…”

           “Okay, okay!  That’s enough now!” Leeteuk shouted out.  “Playtime is over!”

           The group all groaned in unison.  Thankfully, Ryeowook had forgotten what a slave-driver Leeteuk was.  Although Kyuhyun did indeed look irresistible, Ryeowook was too busy dying to notice.  By the time they were done, Ryeowook was lying on the wood floor, rubbing his poor leg muscles and making soft whining noises.  Sungmin was lying down on his side next to him, still trying to catch his breath.  Neither of them had the energy to speak and only gave each other knowing, sympathetic looks. 

           Ryeowook then closed his eyes and recalled not the excellent way that Kyuhyun’s jeans hugged his legs but the way his voice sounded as he sang.  He recalled a specific interview, from years and years ago, when Siwon said, basically, that it would be worth all the money in the world just to be able to l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter