Chapter 02.

Lost Identity (Sequel to: Double Identity)

S A N G H E E 

 

"I'm home!" I shout as I walk inside the house. 

"How was Yonsei, noona?" Tao asks. 

"It was pretty good," I say, slipping my shoes off. "Oh, by the way, I'm going to an underground concert tonight."

"Chincha? What time?" Tao asks.

"I'll have to leave around 4:30 or so," I noted. 

"Okay! Just don't come home too late, neh?" Tao intructs. I chuckle.

"Don't worry, I won't."


 

"I'm leaving now! Bye, guys!" I say, as I leave the house. 

"Don't come home too late! And be careful!" Lay shouts in a motherly manner. 

"Calm your unicorn , Lay. I'll be fine!" I shout back as I walk further away. I hop on the bus at the nearest bus stop. On the bus, I fiddled with my phone I was still waiting for Kris to text back. When I got off the bus my phone buzzed. I eagerly whipped my phone out and checked Kris's text.

 

To: Sang Hee

From: Kris

Sorry, can't go. I promise I'll make it up to you.

 

My shoulders deflate. *Why did I think Kris would come anyway?* I look at the text on the bus reading it over and over. 'I promise to make it up to you.' *What bull..* I think as I read over that line of text. 

I get off the bus and walk towards the underground concerts. As I walk down the steps the familiar, scent fills my nostrils. I take a deep breath. When I walk down the last step I walk towards the backstage. 

"SAAAAANNNNNNGGGGGGGG  HHHHHHEEEEEEEEE---AAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!" Minhyuk runs towards me, his arms spread open. I flinch as Minhyuk takes me into a bone-crushing hug. "I'm so happy to see you!! It's been so long!!" Minhyuk twirls me around. 

"Put me down!" I protest.  Minhyuk finally puts me down. He reaches out to touch a strap of my hair.

"Uwaaa~, did you dye your hair? It looks sooooo nice on you!!" Minhyuk beams. "Come on! We're gonna perform tonight! I already asked Yonghwa and he said yes!" He jumps around like a happy child. 

"Chincha?" I ask. Minhyuk nods happily.

"We're gonna perform, right after this band! We're gonna be singing, 'Intuition', kay?" Minhyuk tells me. Now, it was my turn to nod eagerly. I hadn't performed in nearly two years, and I was very excited. 


 

K R I S 

"Hey Kris," my co-worker, Ji Hoon nudged me. I turned to him.

"Yeah?" I ask. 

"Wanna hit the club after work today?" Ji Hoon flashes a sly grin. I grin back. 

"Sure."

 

After work, Ji Hoon and I went to the famous Club Seoul. "Damn! It's only Tuesday and this place is filled to the brim!" Ji Hoon muses. We both walk to the bar and order a beer. I notice a group of girls checking us out. Ji Hoon winks towards them causing them to swoon. Ji Hoon nudges me. "They're pretty cute, yeah?" Ji Hoon gestures towards the group of girls now giggling in our direction. I notice one of them wave at me, I wave back. *No, Kris,* a voice in the back of my head nags me. *What about Sang Hee? She asked you to go to the underground concerts with her tonight, and yet your here? In a club? Flirting with other girls? Tsk. Tsk* I shook my head taking another swig of my beer not wanting to think of my wrong actions. Technically, I'm not cheating on Sang Hee, right? Whatever, I don't want to think about that right now. Ji Hoon and I both get up from our seats and walk towards the group of girls. 

If you haven't guessed, right now I'm not exactly on great terms with Sang Hee. Recently, we've been fighting alot. Sang Hee wants us to move out of Luhan's uncle's house and get our own apartment. Seriously, what's so bad about living with EXO-M? I haven't been on very good terms with EXO-M either, actually. Their all mad at me, accusing me of coming home too late, never talking to Sang Hee and cheating on her. 

Whatever, I don't want to think about that right now. I've got nothing to lose, right? So I'll just enjoy myself for now. 

 


 

S A N G H E E

 

The crowd exploded into another round of cheers, shouting, "Encore! Encore!" I tried catching my breath. 

"Sorry, guys. If I perform even just one more song the next band will get mad at me for taking up their time," I chuckle. The crowd sounds disappointed. "Don't worry guys. I'll be back next week," I promise and at that the crowd errupts into more cheering. CNBLUE and I exit the stage. I sat on a stool catching my breath, my heart pumping with adrenaline from earlier, and a grin plastered on my face. Suddenly, a water bottle appears infront of my face. My mind thinks of the time Kris gave me a water bottle after my performance once. I shake my head clearing my head of such memories and look up. 

My eyes widened in surprise, "Daehyun?!" Daehyun flashes me an impish grin. "What are you doing here?" I ask. 

"Gosh, you don't wanna see me? Well then-"

"No! I wasn't saying it like that-"

"I know, pabo," Daehyun flicks my forehead with his other hand. "I'm here cause my hyung's brother performs here. In fact, he's performing right now." Daehyun gestures me to take the water bottle in his hand. 

"Thanks," I take the cold water bottle taking a long gulp of the drink. 

"Come on, let's go back to the front," Daehyun tells me. I nod following behind him.  

 


 

"Sang Hee, you're finally home!" Lay runs up to me like a worried mother as I slip off my shoes at the front door. 

"Calm down, Lay. It's only 9:37," I chuckle."Is Kris home?" I ask. Lay's expression dampens.

"No, he hasn't come home yet," Lay tells me. 

"Should've known, he's never home nowadays," I mumble. I look back at Lay, "I'll be going to sleep now. Good night, Lay." Before Lay can answer back I trudge up to the stairs to my room. I open the door to my room and set my stuff down on the floor. Not even bothering to change or get underneath the covers I plop onto the bed and drift off.