Down a Manhole

Sungjong in Wonderland

Unfortunately, Ms. Lee was very strict and had high expectations from her son, so she signed him up for hagwon sessions. Luckily the hagwon was not very far, it was only ten minutes walk away, near the park.

On the first day of the hagwon session, before leaving, Ms. Lee helped Sungjong prepare his things for the sessions, whilst Sungjong slipped on a black shirt with a black leather jacket, black jeans and black high tops.

"Bye Mom." Sungjong said quickly as he left the apartment.

"Have fun." Ms. Lee answered.

Sungjong walked across the street, annoyed and mumbling to himself, "One prison after another."

Sungjong was just passing the park when his eyes lit up. If only he could find a way to not go to the hagwon. He could wander around in the park and remain there for the same duration as the hagwon sessions until it was time to go home.

So Sungjong strayed away from the path and began skipping along inside the park. He was not very far when he saw L once again, sitting on a bench, his nose stuck in an English textbook and listening to music. Even though L did not seem to pay any attention to him, Sungjong sat down next to and waited until he got his attention.

After a few moments of daydreaming, Sungjong looked up and saw a boy around his age, named Taemin. Taemin was dressed in a periwinkle blue tank top, an aquamarine short sleeved shirt over it, navy blue skinny jeans and pale blue high tops. On top of all of that, his curly hair was dyed vermillion. However what was most queer about him was that he kept looking at his watch and looking as if he was running away from something.

Instantly, Sungjong watched Taemin run. He stopped and stared. If a person like him with the style could become a K-pop star with the looks, then so could he. When L was not looking, even though Sungjong knew it was not nice to stalk people, he began chasing after Taemin, as he ran further and further into the park.

Taemin ran further and further until he was in the more foresty area of the park, where it was much darker and creepier than the main paths. Sungjong was so absorbed into chasing after Taemin that he did not realise that he was no sooner or later lost in the woods. After Taemin disappeared behind a wall of trees, Sungjong immediately lost sight of him. He stopped and looked around the forest, clockwise. Before he knew it, he realised that he was very far from the main entrance of the huge park. However, Sungjong was still so curious that he decided to wander around the forest, looking for Taemin. He continued to walk, but the further he walked the darker the forest seemed to become. He continued to walk until he could barely see a thing due to the trees and branches getting in his sight.

It seemed as if the branches and thorns clawed on Sungjong's clothes, leaving him stuck. After a few moments of struggling, he was free and about to move on when he suddenly felt nothing beneath his feet. Before he knew it, he was falling, falling, falling!

"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!" Sungjong screamed, tumbling down the manhole like a boulder plummetting from a cliff into the river.

The further he fell, the more seemingly interesting the manhole was, as the flurries in his view whilst falling down seemed to be more colourful, however Sungjong could not make out what was on the walls as he was falling down so fast.

Finally, after seeming like a bottomless pit, Sungjong landed in a bed of cushions. Luckily he was not injured at all. He turned his back just in time to see the shadow of Taemin running in another corridor. Rubbing feathers off himself, he began running once again. He began to run until he reached an elaborately decorated corridor.