A Lake of Tears

Sungjong in Wonderland

Taemin was now nowhere to be seen, so this meant for Sungjong that he could take details about his surroundings. The walls were elaborately decorated with portraits of K-pop stars, that were so big that it looked as if you were in an art gallery. The walls wer painted pink with yellow polka dots. In between each portrait, there was a door.

Sungjong tried opening all the doors, but surprisingly all of them were locked. "Hello?" he called out, banging on the doors over and over again. "Let me out!"

However what caught Sungjong's attention the most was a little door down in front of him, that was just bigger than a mousehole. Suddenly, a glass table appeared before him with a key on it.

"Perhaps this is the key to the door," he thought. He was right! The key fit in the hole perfectly, and the door opened to reveal a beautiful fairyland-like place. Sungjong tried to budge through, but of course he was too big to fit in. He continued to look at the place from inside one last time before sighing once again. He buried his face in his lap.

When Sungjong looked up again, he noticed a bottle on the glass table. He instantly rushed to the table, where he noticed a plastic botle with a label hanging from the neck. The label read "Drink me". He unscrewed the cap.

Despite Sungjong being relatively naive, he examined the drink all over and sniffed it to see if it was poison. The drink seemed relatively safe, so he took a generous sip. "Mmmmm," he thought, "this is delicious! It tastes like apple juice." He was about to take another sip when he felt a strange tingle in his stomach. Grasping his abdomen wih both hands, he tried to make the pain go away when he felt something that was even more peculiar. He closed his eyes and waited.

Once the tingling feeling was gone, Sungjong opened his eyes again. However, everything seemed so big. Sungjong had shrunk and become small as a mouse!

"Hmmm...." Sungjong thought, "the drink made me small." He sat down, but his eyes perked up once again.

"Wait a minute! That means I can get through the door!"

He instantly rushed to the door, however, it was locked once again, leaving Sungjong with no choice but to tried to get the key once again.

The key was high up on the surface of the table, and Sungjong decided to give it a shot and climb up the table legs like a monkey. However, the glass was so slippery that he kept slipping down!

Sungjong sighed and waited until he noticed a pretty little box tied with green ribbon. He undid the ribbon and opened it. There were little pieces of rice cake, each with sentences written on them with icing. One of them, at the very top got Sungjong's attention the most. The rice cake said "Eat me".

"Only goodness knows what this will do." Sungjong thought as he took a bite of the rice cake.

Within a flash, Sungjong instantly grew and grew and grew. He had become a giant! His whole body took up the entire space of the corridor, and it was so small for him that he could barely budge.

"Whatever next?" Sungjong thought, starting to tear up. "If I can't get through the door, I can't get home."

Sungjong was so scared and confused and the same time that he began to cry.

Sungjong was so big and crying so much that the whole corridor began to flood from the huge teardroplets. It was not long before the water was up to his elbows. He was about to crack when he remembered the bottle, as it was floating in the lake of tears too. Luckily the bottle was screwed tightly with the lid on top, so no contents spilled out.

He instantly took the bottle and drank the remaining liquid until he almost went out like a candle and fell into the waves. Luckily Sungjong could swim so he waded through the water.

"Oh dear, I wish I didn't cry this much," he thought as room filled up with so much water, that it burst the door open, and Sungjong began to fly out the room. He continued to wade through the water until he was all soaked with water head to toe and noticed five other boys, Hoya, Sungkyu, Woohyun, Sungyeol and Dongwoo swimming with him. Sungjong was now all wet in the garden, however luckily the sun was shining and there was a chance he could dry up.

"Come on," Sungkyu called out to everybody. "Let's have a dance off in the sun to dry off. The person who dances the best wins."

"Ok." they all agreed.

"Take the music!" Hoya announced.

"Got it!" shouted Dongwoo, carrying a large music player with him.

"Wow," Sungjong thought. "This guy must be rich and strong enough to carry with him a music player."

He continued to stare, but decided to join in the fun.