There's No Place Like Home

Sungjong in Wonderland

Sungjong was so big that he burst out of the courtroom.

"After him!" Queen Key demanded as the dancers reluctantly chased after him.

Sungjong quickly took himself out of the courtyard and began wading through the forest of trees. However, he took out the other turnip piece and found himself shrinking once again.

"Now they won't find me!" Sungjong thought.

Sungjong was, however unlucky. The crew were chasing after him, so Sungjong kept changing directions and looking for a different place to hide. He ran and ran and ran until he found a pile of leaves. He knew that a stampede would occur, but he dove into it, waiting for his fate. Being crushed was much better than being headless anyway.

"Sungjong, wake up! Please wake up, Sungjong!" Sungjong kept chanting to himself.

Sungjong could still hear Queen Key screaming maniacally, but now the voice sounded very far, as if in a dream. At this point, back in the park, L had stopping listening to music, was no longer reading the textbook, and was now shaking a twitching and turning Sungjong, who was sleeptalking.

"Sungjong! Sungjong!" said the softer voice of L. "Wake up! Wake up!"

Sungjong woke up, sweating but relieved. The sun was setting and three hours had just passed. It was six o'clock, just the right time his intended hagwon session should have ended. He would be just in time for dinner.

"I've had the weirdest dream ever." said Sungjong. "But of course there were other fun bits too."

"Really?" asked L curiously, straightening Sungjong's hair, which was now in a mess from tossing and turning, "Tell me more about it!"

After L began to pack his things, they started to walk out of the park together.

"I had such a wonderful time." said Sungjong. "I saw Taemin from SHINee. He was wearing the same outfit from Juliette, and I followed him, and......"

"Taemin? SHINee?" L laughed, "You're still fantasising about being with them?"

"Oh, maybe not as much as before, but Dongwoo and Hoya and Woohyun and Sungyeol and Sungkyu said......." Sungjong began.

"What? You mean my other friends?" L laughed. "Dude, you should tell my bros your dream. They're so gonna be interested in this after knowing that they were in your dream."

The two friends continued to walk out of the park.

"You know what, L." Sungjong said, "Maybe I'll remain in the real world after all. I don't mind studying for another three years. I'll promise my mom I won't complain about hagwon sessions again. And I won't get distracted in class."

L was surprised at Sungjong's words, however Sungjong seemed a lot brighter and merrier than the daydreamer he always was. Perhaps thanks to Wonderland, Sungjong was so fed up with the ridiculousness. Even math seemed very inviting to him. L walked Sungjong home and dropped him off there. I wish I knew how Sungjong was doing at school then, don't you?

 

THE END