Coming Home

Life of an Intern

Your POV

I’m sitting on my couch with Daniel as he holds me in his arms.

“So are you going to tell me how you slipped past security and too the roof?”

“I told you i just ran after you. It was nothing special since it looked like I was with you they must have ignored me.”

I can believe that it’s just I never brought anyone to see Rae before.

I smile at Daniel as I lean my head on his shoulder.

My phone rings and I see that it’s Mary, “Yoboseyo.”

“Ahh good you answered. Rachel, I’m calling to ask you if you would like it if Rae would be staying back at your guys’ home?’

“What?” I jump out of my seat almost hitting Daniel in the face.

Luckily in the 2 weeks I’ve been dating Daniel he’s learned pretty fast how my reactions and actions are too certain situations from my voice and facial expressions.

“I asked if you wanted Rae to be housed at your home since they believe having her around familiar environment will make her more stable.”

“Ahh yeah I’d love it for she can be back home. I’m a small leave at the moment and I’m not supposed to be touring yet so yea.. It’ll be nice to have Rae back home.”

“Alright, the house will go in inspection later today and we should know if we could house her in your place.”

“Alright, when should I expect anyone?”

“Within the hour.”

“Ahh okay.”

“when would I find out if she’d be staying with me?”

“By tomorrow hopefully.”

“Ahh  thanks Mary.”

“No problem.”

(Time Skip too after inspection)

I’m now sitting on the couch again with Daniel being lazy since I just showed the inspector the door.

“Ahh, so do you think I passed?”

“Of course the house is spotless all the time you have air purifiers. Not counting your room and office is right next to her’s. You have a brand new alarm system and locks on the doors and windows.”

I smile as I hear the praise in daniel’s voice.

Hearing him talk to me like this always makes me feel so happy.

I smile at him and he smiles at me.

 

I wake up too someone knocking at my door and my phone ringing off the hook.

I look too my side too see a very grumpy Daniel walk into my room and point too my phone, “Answer it please they’ve been trying to call you for the last 10 minutes and won’t stop.”

I sigh as i answer the phone, “hello?”

“Is this Lee Rachel?”

“Yes, it is. May I ask who’s calling?”

“Of course this is Inspector Choi I had stopped by yesterday to look over your home.”

“Ahh, yes Inspector Choi how can I help you today?”

“Ahh well I’m calling to let you know that in the case of Crystal ‘Rae’ Ray  we have found that… she’ll be alright living with you and her personal nurse will be checking in daily or staying with her when you are too out of the house.”

“Ahh really. Thank you so much.”

“No problem ‘mam I’m only here too help.”

“Yes, of course. When will she be brought here?”

“Tomorrow. A few people from the hospital will come today and help set up her room and a few things in your home for she can stay there and move around.”

“Ahh, yes of course.”

It’s not long until the people from the hospital show up and start to set up a few things and really it wasn’t long until they left for the day since they finished quickly so who am I too complain.

Rae will be moving into my home tomorrow.

I’m really excited though it’s going to be hard to have me time with all the people who are going to be in and out of  my home.

 

Daniel and I are sitting on the couch watching a late night movie.

“Will you be alright with Rae living here right?”

“Of course. I have no issue with it. I’m just not sure if she’ll like the idea of me basically living here.”

“Well it’s not like we’re having or something.”

“True which most people would find weird.”

I nod my head and rest it on Daniel’s chest, “I’m just glad that you are okay with this since my ex wasn’t.”

“What do you mean?”

“We had a lot of issues in our relationship if you even want to call it that.”

Knowing me Daniel knows that the conversation is closed until opened later.

He seems to be able to melt my anger by smiling at me and wrapping his arms tighter around me.

“You always know what to do don’t you.”

He shrugs, “I didn’t at first but then I learned quickly.”

I laugh as bit as I watch the movie and slowly slip into a deep peaceful sleep something that use too be rare.

 

I wake up with Daniel shaking me at 9 in the morning.

“Yes,” I groan.

“It’s time to get up we need to clean up our mess and do the dishes. Plus a shower and change of clothing.”

I realize he’s right by the time both of us are done it’s going to be close to 11.

“Ahh alright,” I yawn out as I stretch my body.

I know that an old scar on my neck I always hid was shown to Daniel, but he kept his mouth shut though I did notice him  bite his his lips.

“My exboyfriend’s first fight with me he threw me and I cut my neck. He didn’t touch me for a few weeks scared he’d hurt me again. He wasn’t always like how he is now. It’s all my fault.”

Daniel gives me a look as he pulls me off the couch into his arms holding me tightly, “No, it wasn’t.”

When he lets me go I feel cold, but it seems that he won’t leave my line of sight and if he does for long.

I smile slightly at how sweet he is.

Though we quickly snap out of everything finish cleaning up our movie night mess along with our dishes.

I told him to take a shower first but he told me that I should take our first so I don’t have to worry about getting dressed.

I smile as I walk out of the bathroom in my robe Daniel looks away and looks for his own clothing. then runs  into the bathroom.

I laugh a bit and decide that I want to be pretty plain today so i grab a slight white dress with long sleeves but pieces are taken out too make it look like they are strapped to my arms.

zhfeF8UXIdxxAoYaxh1ofIBG1KQr1pToeDcLqLtP

When Daniel leaves the bathroom he’s in  a plain V-neck black t-shirt along with a dark pair of jeans.

He looks at me and his jaw seems to slip.

Daniel’s POV

How is it that my girlfriend looks like an angel even when we both woke up no more than an hour ago.

I smile as she moves across the room and wraps her arms around my waist, “So I’ll see you in a few hours. I have to go back to the dorms before my manager gets there.”

She nods her head as she hears the doorbell ring, “Wow that’s faster than I thought it would be.”

I hear her voice say brightly must be because Rae is smiling.

I take  peak too see that girlfriend is almost suffocating her best friend.

I can’t help but to chuckle at her childish behavior.

I turn and when they go into Rae’s room i slip out the front door and into my car glad no one parked behind me.

I hope Rae enjoys her wellin home party tonight.