It was Just A Movie Day

Life of an Intern

Daniel walks into what is still my home, but I’m waiting for the word that I need to move out.

“Come on Rachel it can’t be that bad.”

I look at Daniel and shake my head, “You don't understand my friend then. We made a promise never to betray each other and that look was one of someone who felt betrayed.”

He looks at me, “Why would she feel that way?”

“It maybe the promise I made when she got sick.”

He looks at me confused, “What promise was that?”

“That I wouldn’t date until she got better or died.”

“That’s a bit morbid.”

I laugh slightly to hide my sadness, “Yeah, I know. I was dating my ex when she said that, but then about a year ago I broke up with him.He’s still having fun harassing me. Luckily I listened to Rae and I never let him know where I lived. It was her rule of her’s. My debut of my book party was the first time anyone has been here besides Rae and me for the last few years.”

“I bet that surprised you,” he tells me.

I laugh as I rest my head on his shoulder, “It did. It even surprised me that she told me to invite all kinds of people that I’ve met in my time of living in Seoul.”

“Have you been living here very long?”

I shake my head, “Well I’ve been living here for a long while, but I use to go back and forth between Seoul and New York.”

"Why was that?"

I smile slightly as I look up at him, "My father use to work in New York when I was growing up but when he came back to Seoul about 6 years ago he died in a car accident with my mom.”

I feel his arms tighten around me, “I’m sorry.”

I shake my head, “I guess I should happy they did or else I wouldn't have met you. I would have gone to New York .”

He sighs, “Good point, but still.”

“Don’t worry about it Daniel I got over my parent’s death years ago.”

That’s a complete lie since I was in the car and I have the scar to prove it.

I watched as my parents died and I was in the arms of a close family friend that was sitting by my side.

Daniel doesn’t even seem to believe me not even when I smile at him.

“Alright if you say so... Let’s go watch a movie.”

I nod my head and pull him into the living room with a large plasma TV taking up most of the wall.

“Wow that’s a huge TV,” he says to me.

I nod my  head, “I know but Rae when she lived her she loved watching movies.”

I watch as I show him the movie collection that we have sorted by years and names of the movies.

“Wow so many genres and countries.”

“Yeah they are all in the language that the country speaks. I don't have any  Korean translated ones, but I guess that’s not much of a worry with you.”

He looks back at me and smirks, “Yeah.”

When he picks the movie I curl up on the couch next to him. Still he pulls me closer. I don’t argue instead I happily wrap my arms around his waist.

I forget about all my troubles I don't’ even notice that Daniel had put in one of my favorite movies. All i know is that I’m in Daniel’s arms and nothing else matters.

Soon I snap out of it when the main male lead takes the female lead in his arms. She looks up and smiles at him before he leans down to kiss her as she lifts her head higher to meet the kiss.

I suddenly blush realizing who I’m with.

Daniel smiles when he realizes that I’m blushing. he leans down taking my lips in his and soon I melt into him.

Soon my phone goes off and I answer it.

“Yoboseyo,” I answer.

“Is this Lee Rachel?”

“Yes it is?”

“I’m from the hospital I was told to call you.”