Welcome Home Rae Pt. 1

Life of an Intern

Your POV

When i open the door too see Rae sitting in her wheel chair  with a small smile on her lips I can’t help but to pull her into a tight hug.

Pu8v1bpVqXZispsHllWxK9BTx7Kmc2j3BDEfJkCK

“Rae I missed you so much,” I tell her and she simply gives me a look.

“What?”

“I just saw you yesterday how can you miss me?”

“Remember I used to live with you for over 5 years of my life so of course I’ll miss you.”

Rae laughs as I help her in.

“Wow, it looks just the same but even better.”

“How?”

“It feels more homey. Before you were so afraid to do anything with the house that it seemed too die. Now it’s more lively. There’s color pictures of people all over the walls.”

I smile, “Thanks… I started to do this when you went into the hospital. I wanted to feel like there were people still living here with me. I was so alone, Rae. I was so alone cause i didn’t have you anymore. You are the only true friend I’ve had my entire life that’s stayed with me even through all kinds of bull.”

Rae laughs as she lets me push her around showing what I’ve done with the place.

“So what do you think?”

“I love it,” she says to me as she tries to look back at me.

I pick her up or help her up so she can sit on the couch. I have to hook her up too an IV next too is as I pull out the TV remotes.

“I know you hate those, but the doctor says they have to be hooked in whenever we can place them in.”

She sighs and I simply turn the TV on then my xbox system.

“Just pull up whatever movie you want. I did promise a movie day just you and me as your welcome home party.”

She nods her head as I look away from her.

I smile weakly as I walk too the kitchen too pick up her favorite snack that I got the okay along with a list of foods that she can eat.

I smile as I do that and take 2 bottles of water from the fridge and walk back to the living room too Rae’s side.

I set it down and Rae looks at me, “So how are you and Daniel doing?”

I smile as I look at my hand where a couple ring that Daniel had gotten me when I complained that he loved his fans more than me.

She followed my gaze, “Wow, he’s serious about you. That’s a definite upgrade from… it.”

I smile as I look at her, “It’s definitely is he’s very caring towards me and he worried about me all the time. you should have seen how he acted when i told him about… it. Daniel was so mad and worried for me. It was kind of cute.”

rae laughs, “So how are you guys… in relationship wise?”

“We’re taking things slowly cause he knows what’s happened to me in the past and he worries about me. I mean the farthest we’ve gone is light make out sessions most of the time one of our phones will go off making it so we have to stop.”

Rae growed as she looks at my phone, “Your publicist is still on your case about going on a world tour for your book?”

I nod my head as I look at her, “Especially since we’re supposed to be launching my very first fiction book.”

“Really?”

“Yeah, it’s a book based a bit on my life I guess you can say.”

Rae smiles as I turn on the movie.

Ghibli Studio movie… I mean who can go wrong with these movies.

Rae looks at my dress and smiles, “You look like you’re going out on a date.”

“I was going to hold a welcome home party for you, but I realized you’re more of a sit on the couch and munch on snacks kind of person.”

She laughs as she looks at me, “Though people are coming over.”

“Yeah… Dalmatian is coming over with Daniel whenever they are done for the day and I had some old friends fly in for the day.”

“Really? “

“Yeah, your friends from California are coming here to see you. They already sent a small present for you.”

I pull out a small cardboard box too her.

“What is it?”

“I’m not sure… but they said that you’d love it.”

She opens the box to pull out a lovely dress that looks like it’s a bit worn, but it is still beautiful lolita dress.

hduQmmvIEG4PYew33S0cVbLkSjU7py_29YKuZcLU

“Wow,” she gasps, “I wore this in one of the plays I did with them. I was an extra but the dress I fell in love with. I always joked that I wanted too have it one day and here it is in my hands.”

I chuckle as I pull out the letter and read it too her;

“Dear Crystal,

    It’s been a while since we wrote to you and we feel guilty about everything. We should have kept in touch more, but all of us got so busy with projects trying too make it while you are living the dream. We all miss you so much. We can’t wait to see you again and show you some works that we’ve done. You’re friend Rachel said that we could stay at your home. We hope you don’t mind. If we cause problems just kick us out okay.

Love,

Your Californian friends.”

All her friends had signed the letter and then on the bottom is a picture of all of them together.

She smiles at me as she takes the letter, “They are so stupid.”

As this she laughs something that I haven't heard in a while… a real cheerful laugh.

I smile as I pull out my phone to show that I got an email from Rae’s Californian friends.

Their message said that they are just leaving the airport and should be at the house in an hour or so.

I smile as I look over at Rae, “So what do you want to do with your birthday next week?”

She looks at me confused, “Birthday?”

“Yeah, you’re turning 23 next week.”

She groans as she looks at me, “Don’t remind me that I’m only going to be 23 when i die.”

I hit her on the head and she glares at me and I glare back, “Shut it, Rae. I’m not hearing any of that from you.”

I sigh as I lean back and we finish watching the movie just in time for when the doorbell rings.