Welcome Home Rae Pt. 2

Life of an Intern

This entire chapter the speaking it all in English


Your POV

When I hear the doorbell go off I hope that it’s who I think it’ll be.

As I open the door I see 3 people that I recall from Rae and my time in Cali.

2 girls by the name of Kristy and

“Hi guys, how are you?”

“Tired. The flight was longer than we thought it would be,” 1 of the girls growls out.

The other girl laughs nervously, “Sorry about her she’s a bit shaken and that. It’s hard to believe that Rae has been sick all this time and never told us.”

“It’s cause she would rather not bother you guys about something like this. She’d rather you remember for who she...was. “

“What of you?” the boy of the group asks.

I point to myself as I shrug, “I live here so she kind of has no choice, but too tell me everything counting I also got her out of the hospital.”

The guy grabs my hand and I feel an anger in me as he does this and says, “Is that such a good thing?”

I grit my teeth too stop myself from looking back and hitting the guy, “Yes, it was making her condition get worse quicker now let go of my arm or else you might regret what will happen.”

As if on cue Rae rolls in and looks at her friend, “Jeff, let her go!”

He lets her go and looks at her with hurt eyes.

“Jeff, you don’t understand that she saved your life,” I tell him without looking back trying to calm down.

“Rachel, step outside for a little bit too calm down.”

I nod my head and duck out of our house letting the air outside help even my head.

I sigh as I lean my head against the house and look around.

Nothing is out of the ordinary except I feel like someone is watching me. It’s scaring me it’s a lot like when my ex was around the feeling I’d get.

I feel someone touch my shoulder and I flip them over only too see it’s Daniel.

“Oh my god! Daniel I’m sorry… I’m just a little jumpy right now I thought my ex, Mason, was watching… Are you hurt? I didn’t hurt you did I?”

He chuckles as he stands up and seems to crack his back doing so, “I’m fine… I’m sorry for scaring you. We should get inside it’s supposed too be a welcome home party isn’t it and your outside.”

I laugh as I lean my head on his shoulder, “You’re back sooner than I thought.”

“I got out of practice today so no worries.”

“What of the guys?”

“They remember where you live,” he says with a slight chuckle.

I sigh as I lean my head against his chest, “Why is it I feel so safe around you and no one else. All the bad feelings I have go away.”

He smiles as he kisses my forehead, “That’s good cause that’s all I wish for and your happiness”

I chuckle as I link our arms and say, “Shall we head in then?”

He nods his head as he smiles.

As we step inside I see Rae’s friends from Cali give me a look.

“What?”

“Isn’t he Daniel Chae from Dalmatian?” Girl #1 asks.

I move him behind me, “Yeah, he is but he’s here as my boyfriend.”

“What?”

They shout and I sigh as I roll my eyes and my phone goes off.

I look down and see it’s my publisher, “Yes, Mrs. Rhei?”

“I’m calling to ask if you’re ready for the talk show next week.”

“Oh… You mean my first real talk show…”

“Yeah, you finished your fiction novel early so we thought it'd be funny too do some kind of teasers and that for it. So a talk show a week after we release a snippet of the beginning today.”

I sigh at my publisher, “Fine. I guess it’s time for all the world too see my face.”

“Good. Oh and I filled your schedule for the next few months so please stop by to see which ones you can and can’t do.”

“Fine… I’ll stop by tomorrow I’m supposed to be celebrating my friend coming home.”

“Alright. I’ll talk to you later Innocence.”

I sigh as I hang up and smile at Daniel, “I guess my book might be released earlier than thought too.”

“Wow, when did you finished it?”

“I sent it in 3 days ago,” I tell them.

Rae seems shocked, “Wow, seriously?”

I nod my head and she wheels over too me too wrap her arms around my waist.

I chuckle as I lean down and hug her, “Do you want a special preview of it later?”

She looks at me with awe and complete excitement in her eyes, “Of course I would. I love your writings so much and I know the world does too.”

I hope she likes it since it’s a book based off her life, a way to keep her alive even when she’s gone.

Our names will always be together even if it’s through a book.

Her friends interrupt my thoughts by asking, “Who is she again?”

Rae looks at them and waves her hand a bit, “I forgot to formally introduce you too my best friend and sister, Rachel Lee  aka the author and poet Innocence.”

They looked at me shocked and the guy says, “Wow, I’m a huge fan of yours.”

I nod my head and smile a bit at them, “Well thank you. I’m sorry but can I get names too go too faces.”

Girl #1 looks at me in distaste but I notice there’s something in her eyes like respect or awe, “I’m Tina Mae.”

I nod my head at her since it seemed appropriate.

Girl #2 smiles at me brightly, “I’m Tona Mae, Tina’s twin.”

I tilt my head too the side and Tona giggles, “I know we look almost nothing alike we’re fraternal not identical.”

“Ahh,” I say not really interested in it then I look at the guy, “You are?”

He smiles at me, “You don’t remember probably but I’m Jeffrey Bridges. We went to school with each other for a while.”

I tilt my head again and try too think why that name sounds so familiar… also why I want to hit him in the face or is it apologize for hitting him in the face.

“In middle school you had taken a chair too my face.”

I think for a second then it comes back too me and I almost fall to the ground if it wasn’t for my lovely boyfriend catching me.

“What’s so funny?” both Rae and Daniel ask me.

I point towards my living room, “How about we sit down for a bit?”

They nod their heads and we all go too sit down in my living room.

I decide to be bold and I sit on Daniel’s lap mostly too keep Tina away from him.

“So you 2 are dating or something.”

I lift an eyebrow and say, “Or something.”

Daniel chuckles as he leans his head on my shoulders, “It’s okay sweetie we have to come out about our relationship with more than the band and Rae.”

I look at him with surprise on my face, “Really?”

He nods his head and I wrap my arms around his waist.

“Then I guess I can say I’m dating you,” I tell him as I rest my head on his shoulder.

He chuckles as he looks at the others in the room, “Sorry about her.”

Rae’s friends and her put in movie after movie.

Dalmatian show up after what seems to be a while and has some issues since right away they catch everyone is speaking English.

Daniel and I are simply not paying attention too anyone.

As the night draws to an end Dalmatian counting my boyfriend leave.

Everyone else seemed to be tired so we call it a night.

As I help Rae into her room then her bed she looks up at me and says, “Thank you today was a lot of fun. It was really simple and nice.”

I nod my head as I kiss her forehead, “I’m glad.”

“Rachel, why do you treat me like  your my mother.”

I shrug my shoulders, “I’m not sure maybe it’s cause I don’t know what else to do.”

She nods her head, “It funny I got sick shortly after my parents die and right that second you started to act like a mother towards me almost like you believed my mother’s job was passed on too you.”

When i look away from her she pulls me chin so I look at her.

She looks me in the eyes and says, “Rachel you are my sister there is no reason for you too feel like this.”

“I know it’s just your parents took me in after my parents died while none of my biological family would even look at me. I feel like it was the only way I could make it up to them.”

Rae smiles sadly as she gently pulls my head too chest through I know it was a bit hard for her.

Rae whispers, “My parents almost didn’t take you in but when I asked them to do something for me. I had never asked for anything in that 12 years of my life but when I did that they knew you were important too me.”

I nod my head as I rest my forehead against hers.

“Night Rae,” I tell her this as I pull away.

She grabs my hand so I look back at her.

I feel something push against my lips and it takes me a moment to realize it was Rae’s lips.

I pull away and cover my lips, “Night Rae. I’ll see you in the morning.”

When I get too my room I shut the door and slide down it.

I touch my lips, “My best friend and sister just kissed me.”

I look at my phone as it rings too see it’s my boyfriend.

I just stare at it not sure what’s happening in the world anymore.

I thought I would have noticed that she sees me that way.