Chapter 7

Two Identities

 

Yesung’s Pov

 

I wide my eyes “W…What?...since when?” my voice became nervous. The policeman looked at Ryeowook’s mom who still didn’t look at me as she spoke “Since yesterday…he stayed home from school because he didn’t feel well…but when I came home from work he wasn’t there. But I didn’t think much about it; he could have started to feel better and gone out, and he didn’t always tell us where he was going, and he could stay out to midnight, but he always came home…but he didn’t come home yesterday…So I decided to call him, since he always has his phone with him…but he didn’t answer…he left the phone at home, but had hided it so we would thought he had it with him…”

I bit my lips lightly “Oh…ehmm…” The policeman turned back to me “So we started to gather more info…I know it’s only been one day, and you may think it’s nothing to make a big deal off” I cut him off “I don’t think that, the faster you start the better.” He nod “Yes, maybe we find him faster…but then we need info…and we have gotten some…His mom says that the day before…Ryeowook came home limping before he went to his bedroom to cry, and as we know Ryeowook don’t have any boyfriend, or does he have some secret relationship in school?” I swallowed a bit and shook my head, had a bad feeling where this was going…he nod and the other wrote down as he started to continue “We thought that…Ryeowook came home in a taxi yesterday, so we went to the different taxi station with a picture of him to ask who drove him, it took a while, but we found him as you see”

“Yes…” I said and looked at the taxi driver. “Yes…usually we wouldn’t go in private lives to ask where he was, but we did…and he remembered it since it wasn’t that long time ago……do you perhaps know where he had been picked up? And who was it that ordered the taxi?” Everyone looked at me, and I knew they already knew so I sighed “At my house…I ordered the taxi…” the principle wided his eyes “But…“ But the police cut him off “And what did you guys do?”  Aish…he already knew it, but he had to make me say it, and I did, answering while looking nervous “We had ”

Everyone except the two policemen looked shocked at me. His dad looked like he wanted to rip me apart…The policeman looked at the others “I want to talk to Mr.Kim alone now, only the principle is allowed to be here” then he looked at the parents “I will talk to you later” the others went out and I was alone with the policemen and the principle. “Ok…you guys had …or did you force him… him?” I wide my eyes and almost shouted “No way! What do you think of me?!” he kept calm “I just wondered since he came home crying…and…when I asked if anyone had drove Ryeowook, and we found out he got picked up from your house, another taxi driver said he had been driving you and another guy to your house this Saturday, and that later he picked up the other guy…but he drove that guy to Ryeowooks house, so we know Ryeowook have been at your house twice, but time come out limping, and that you had been drinking that Saturday…”

Now I got angry “Seriously…you guys sound like I have been sleeping with an underage…Ryeowook is 18, and I’m only 22, it’s only 4 years difference…it’s not big, and I did not him…the first time he was at my house, he tricked me…he said he was 20, and as you said…I had been drinking…but I did not that guy I though he was either…he let me, he wanted it too…” then I told them what had happen, even at school, and I have to say the principle’s face when I said that Ryeowook had been me under the desk while he was there…was damn fun, but I told them everything, without details of course, I did not tell them about our feelings. The policemen nod “I understand now, don’t worry, this will not be looked at as , but we needed to make sure if you understand” I nod “Of course, thanks for doing your job”

Then he sent us out and made the parents come in, the taxi driver had left of course, he had nothing more to do here, so I was alone with the principle. He looked at me “I know he tricked you…but I can’t believe you agreed to that last time…you knew it was Ryeowook…and when he asked for a last time you should know he had some feelings for you, that’s probably why he tricked you too, you should have known this would break him…” I looked a bit strict at him “Something I did not tell the police…Yes…Ryeowook have feelings for me, he told me that when I busted him…and I know I shouldn’t have done it…but I’m a just like you…but I had feelings for him too…and I still do”

“You know that is against the rules…people don’t like teacher-student relationship” he said calm, and I nod “Yes…I know and understand, but…then…then I don’t wanna be a teacher…I want Ryeowook, and I’m gonna go out there and find him” and with that I ran out, I made this mess, and I’m gonna fix him. Stupid kid, running away of all things…I’m sorry…and now I’m worried…where are you?

-

“RYEOWOOK!!!” You could hear echo from my screams. People looked weird at me, but I didn’t care. I ran around in streets, alleys and everywhere I could and screamed his name. “RYEOWOOK!! WHERE ARE YOU!! COMEBACK!! PLEASE!!” I went inside stores and restaurant to ask if they had seen this guy. and when I got tired, I went home to get my car, driving around until I got energy back to lose it again by running and screaming…

It had become late when I was all worn out, my legs would almost not listen to me anymore, and I felt my heart hurt more than ever…had I really lost him? Where had I not looked? I need more energy…I looked up and saw a little bar a bit away from me, and wen to it. Just wanting a little bit to wake up…I went to the bar counter and first held the picture of  Ryeowook up “Have…have you seen this guy?” The man looked a lot at it, then nod. I woke up “Really? Where?” he pointed somewhere and I followed the finger and looked toward a couch….and yes….Ryeowook sat there…but not alone…