Chapter 6

Two Identities

 

Ryeowook’s Pov

 

It hurts…My heart…

We had kissed one last time before I went out the door.

Before he helped me in a taxi.

We looked at each other until we couldn’t see each other more.

And my tears started to fall…

-

When I arrived home, I limped right to my room and laid down in my bed and cried my heart out.

Ryeowook’s Mom’s POV

I heard someone come in the house, and went to the entry, but stopped when I saw my son’s back limping toward his room, and close it behind him…limping? But…Ryeowook didn’t have a boyfriend… I went to his door careful and stood outside it, and was about to knock on the door when I heard him cry…my heart hurted so much as I heard him…I stood there like a statue before my own tears started to fall as I started to imagine things…he limped…now cried…no it couldn’t be…had he been ? I got scared…

Yesung’s Pov

I laid in my bed in only my underwear, looking at the ceiling…I could still smell Ryeowooks scent here….even if I had cleaned up after us and changed the sheet…his smell was still on me…I hadn’t showered yet…What an I am…but…I can’t help it…our positions…I’m his teacher…I can’t…but still I did…and this time I knew it was Ryeowook…I ed that poor innocent boy…ok, maybe not so innocent anymore…I’m so sorry Ryeowook…You don’t know anything…just like your eyes have been on me and loved the small conversation in my office, even if it was me yelling at you…I loved it too…my eyes have been on you…the cute little boy who didn’t talk much. But I held back, knowing my position as your teacher…..didn’t I tell you that? If I can have Ryeowook, I don’t want Ryeowon…because I wanted you…I…..aish….I actually went for Ryeowon since he looked similar to you…but it was you…and that explain why I got so attracted to Ryeowon…

-

The next day I entered the classroom tired, but even if I didn’t say anything, every student sat back on their place and got ready for the class. I looked over the class…but one person was missing…I kind of knew this would happen…Ryeowook was not coming to school today…I sighed and started to the class. But not seeing that silent boy made my energy go away fast...weird enough…normally no one would notice that he was gone since he didn’t speak much, but I noticed fast…that empty seat…

-

I drank a glass of water in my office during breaktime…tried to work, but only felt tired…in the end I told the principle that I had to go home, I wasn’t able to do anything, and I was allowed to go home to rest, and I did, came home and right to my bedroom to lay down, hugged the pillow and fell asleep.

-

I’m sorry Ryeowook.

I hurt you, didn’t I?

I’m sorry…

Don’t cry...

I wish…I wish we could be together…

-

I woke up later to find my pillow wet…had I cried in sleep? Why? Have I gone crazy?...aish…

-

The next day I also entered the classroom tired,  Wookie was not there, but it was noisier now, people chatted a lot, and I caught some sentence.

“Why are there two police officers here?”

“I saw Ryeowooks parents at the principal’s office too”

“I wonder what have happen, do you know?”

“Something must have happened”

I interrupted the chatting by saying loud “Yah! Class is starting, pay attention” They turned to me and a student asked “Mr.Kim, do you know why the police is here, is it something with Ryeowook?” I looked at the student, keeping my face “I don’t know…and even if I knew I wouldn’t say anything, because it’s none of your business, let’s start class” And I turned around to start writing on the blackboard as someone knocked at the door to the classroom. I turned to the door when it got opened. It was the principle “Mr.Kim, I have to ask you to come to my office, your class will have free during your class today” I swallowed a bit, but kept calm “Sure” turned to my students “You hear the principle, this class you have free time instead, but try to use it the good way, like doing homework” then I walked after the principle to his office.

In there were two police men, a woman that hugged a man, really worried, the man looked strict at me while having an arm around the woman’s shoulder. They were most likely Ryeowooks parents, and there was another man too, looked like a taxi driver…”Sit down Yesung” The principle said, and I did as I was told. A bit confused I looked at everyone, before  one of the police man said “Your student…Kim Ryeowook…is missing…"